HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Aug 27, 2008, 6:40 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Just another rendering of the Domner Tower II. I think it looks like a thumb because of the indent at the top. Only from the front though. This is just to show how the building changes shape from different angles.

And a shot of the Nestin, Ferraro & Daco and the Leaf Building. A sunset image... I think. Or maybe it's sunrise. Whatever...

I don't know why the green lights appeared though...

Old Posted Aug 28, 2008, 7:27 AM
<:

the buildings looks good specially the blue one

Old Posted Aug 28, 2008, 2:18 PM

The leaf building looks great. The flahsy green lights are probably the edges of faces you forgot to erase inside the Ferraro & D.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2008, 3:54 AM
Desert Dweller

Man Aleks this is one city you've got here, I'm so envious!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 5:56 AM

Verry nice

Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 5:41 PM

aleks great buildings i'm impressed , very nice story about the history of the city, by the way what rendering program do you use?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 9:11 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

It's been a while so I'll just show my progress on the city...

For some strange reason the developers of AVA decided to tear their La Corte branch down and use the same design in Puerto Del Pacifico... The building is 528 feet tall with a total of 48 floors [two service/lobby and one mechanical]. AVA was completed in early 2008 on the North side of the city, Vista Azul [Blue Vista], the most expensive residential part of the city.

The tower has the most expensive prize per sq. footage in the city at 2,116 dollars. Nearly 60% of the condo's sold on the first pre-sale meeting, including both two-story penthouses, making it the highest percentage of condos sold in a single meeting in Puerto Del Pacifico history.

The tower really had an impact in the Vista Azul neighborhood. AVA Residential has stated that it will expand it's enterprise to include 5-Star hotels in Puerto Del Padifico, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Montenegro and London.

Skyline shot with the massing of the Horton Tower and several other buildings:

Sketchup_fan-I use Kerkythea to render my city.

Note: My kitty's playing. And I think I'm mixing several elements from London, Paris, Los Angeles Toronto and Hong Kong into this city. Not architectural-wise but the design of the city and the layout. I'm also editing all my past buildings to make them more detailed, not as much as Austin's, Peter's or Mo's though. Where is Peter anyways?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 10:24 PM

Oh my Jesus! as Boise might say i think i'm gay for AVA

the skyline is looking sweet as hell, and i'm glad you're making the city more detailed! keep it up

Old Posted Oct 9, 2008, 12:22 AM

Horton hears a who

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 10:10 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Thanks, I'm not gona make it as detailed as you treras or as Austin but it's gonna have a few more details than my previous ones.

Ha, I never realized that Horton=Horton [Dr. Sues].

Anyways, that tall beige building is the state capitol but it's not gonna stay that way for long. It's get way shorter and have an Art-Cedo/LA City Hall design-ish. I hope. And I'm changing the colors of the golden/brown towers. I don't like them in the city, they look out of place, but they'll stay, just with a different color.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2008, 11:52 PM

How do you make the water like that? i assume its a texture from the Kerk repository? if it is where did you find it?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 2:18 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Yeah, I got it to do that but I won't tell you! Just kidding, I got it on the Materials & Models section. Here's the link to the place where I got it: Water. Anyways, I've been working on a house lately and I actually like the way it's turning out so yeah..

Old Posted Oct 14, 2008, 1:43 AM
Desert Dweller

Just an amazing city, my only complaints: I'm not too crazy about the Pacific Gallery, it just seems too unrealalistic, but dont remove it. The Other thing is I think your city needs some postmodern buildings, think Dallas, Houston, or Los Angeles

Old Posted Oct 14, 2008, 4:02 AM

so attractive to the ojo.

Yeah,
I miss Peter, and Rbowk-he said in a PM that he was moving to the UK and it would take two years to do and he would come back at the end of that period. That silly little nut.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2008, 5:49 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Sucks butt about Rbowk. Anyways, thanks.

Patrick, I'll be adding more post modern to the South side of the city, where all the residential will be but this is mostly a modern city, like La Defense, Canary Wharf, and modern skyscrapers from Hong Kong and Shanghai. The idea of Pacific Gallery came from the Tate Museum in London which is also an old factory. Maybe the history of Pacific Gallery seems too funky. I'll have some brick low-rises and pre-1950's office buildings in the vicinity of Pacific Gallery but definitely modern modern skyscrapers. And I'll also include city hall which will be a 1930's Art Deco building.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2008, 1:57 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well here's another small update. It's the Vista Azul Light-House. It was completed in 2000 at a height of 521 ft. and 38 floors. The building is located in the Vista Azul district and offers some of the best views of the neighboring island, Maria Magdalena.

ps. I'm not too crazy of the color of AVA, I might darken it because it's too bright from some angles. But from other angles, like the middle picture, it looks better. Should I darken the AVA green?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2008, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
I might darken it because it's too bright from some angles. But from other angles, like the middle picture, it looks better. Should I darken the AVA green?
well, you're right from some angles it does look really bright but i don't think it needs to be darker, especially since this city is supposed kind of a tropical island city. Also, if you do decide to recolor it, i'm not sure if you're aware of this but if you hold shift when you color something it colors everything that was the same color, if what i just said makes any sense.

WOW that new building is sweet as hell! so detailed. i love top.

Last edited by treras93; Oct 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2008, 6:26 AM
Desert Dweller

I think the colors fine, it is afterall a tropical city like treras93 said.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2008, 2:38 AM
Ex Houstonian

dude, wow, you are a sketchup master. I bow to thee.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2008, 3:21 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Haha, thanks but that must be malec, Peter, Austin and Mocholate. I'm just adding a few details compared to what they do. Anyways, just another tower, it's called The Tower and has 36 floors. The tower is residential but it's apartments not condo's. To the roof it's 460 feet. The pool is located in a grand hall covered by a glass roof which also provides light to the gym, dance hall and meeting rooms. It also helps provide privacy from the next door tower which has a pool on the base's roof and on the second level.

As you can see the skyline needs more work but I'm working on it and I should also be adding some details to the already existing buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup