HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarCastle View Post
I'm a bit baffled by the illustrator's thought that Septa regional rail trains run under Market Street? Subway cars yes, regional rail not so much.

Cheers,
G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
I think that's the El.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourS View Post
I think the airport line goes under the streets there too. Not underground, but under the streets. I could be wrong. I think the Elwyn train and the one to Delaware may too.
Guys, it's just a generic stock rendering and they threw on septa colors/logo. Subways look like that in other cities, especially Europe.

The Airport/Wilmington/Media lines go under ground after 30th street and pretty much parallel 32nd street to University City Station

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 1:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
I think that's the El.
yes that is the EL and to the right are Amtrak trains under 30th street station. SEPTA regional rail trains pass under Market street on their way to and from UC station.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 2:48 PM

who cares about what trains run where underground.
My question is-----is the old Bulletin building going to get that fancy hat, or is that just a architects dream as much as the other buildings?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 4:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
who cares about what trains run where underground.
My question is-----is the old Bulletin building going to get that fancy hat, or is that just a architects dream as much as the other buildings?
No that is supposed to be the first non-park construction to take place

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 3:36 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourS View Post
I think the airport line goes under the streets there too. Not underground, but under the streets. I could be wrong. I think the Elwyn train and the one to Delaware may too.
Those run under 32nd from JFK to Chestnut. I'd personally love to see the cap extended to Walnut.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:37 PM

The news on this building is intriguing and I assume this is the building to be discussed to be built; this one and another building as well.

As I look at the specs for this building and image the panorama of the city this building will be about the height of the twin towers at Commerce Square so they will have good presence and really fill out the skyline by joining University City to Downtown Philadelphia especially west of the FMC Tower.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 11:16 PM
Mr. Technology

Good solid location & height.
A nice filler for the entire development for sure!!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 11:21 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

From the general SY thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachenFire View Post
Coming out of tunnel into 30th this morning and there appears to be a coring rig getting soil samples in the parking lot east of the High Line.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:30 PM
PHL

Drills on site, for what it's worth.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:43 PM

Excellent

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 3:55 PM
Philly Pholly

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 10:02 PM

Pardon if this has already been asked, but where are people going to get on the Megabus while this project is under construction?

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 10:12 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Pardon if this has already been asked, but where are people going to get on the Megabus while this project is under construction?
I assume they'll just move 50 yards west on the same block. Will definitely annoy anyone attempting to leave the big parking lot using the JFK exit but hey maybe they'll start developing that lot in tandem with the eastern portion! If the whole parking lot is being worked on, maybe Drexel will work something out with them and have them use the sidewalk across the street.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
This is why I find the bus depot part of the 30th street station district plan one of the most exciting and most needed components.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 6:15 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

REMINDER: This thread is for serious news about the 3003 JFK project only. If your post is self-evidently silly, like say a mockup of a 1500' Transbay II jawn in SY, expect to find it moved to the general Schuylkill Yards thread here.

I like a bit of fun as much as anyone, but when all the news about 3003 JFK gets posted in the general thread instead of this one, I need to put my foot down. Silly and speculative stuff belongs in the sillier and more speculative thread, you know?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

Quote:
If history is any indication, jaywalking en masse in front of my car when I'm running late for an appointment.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 7:42 PM
Philly Pholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
REMINDER: This thread is for serious news about the 3003 JFK project only. If your post is self-evidently silly, like say a mockup of a 1500' Transbay II jawn in SY, expect to find it moved to the general Schuylkill Yards thread here.

I like a bit of fun as much as anyone, but when all the news about 3003 JFK gets posted in the general thread instead of this one, I need to put my foot down. Silly and speculative stuff belongs in the sillier and more speculative thread, you know?
Silly, yes. My point was sort of that I viewed this particular lot as hopefully attracting something with a little more oomph!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:09 PM

^ Yes. You can only get a frosty at Wendy's: the highest and best use of any lot.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 6:50 PM

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 6:45 PM

This should be getting off the ground soon; does anyone have word? Also is the design in the photo the final concept? I haven't heard any news on my end of an anchor tenant.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive