Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 12:21 AM

You are not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
This "tragedy" happened to me at 47 and until I was 60 or so I felt guilty about it.

I go into the bank for 2 reasons: To access my safe deposit box and to get some denomination of cash bills that don't come out of the teller machine (e.g. when I travel I like having some small bills for assorted vending machines, tips and other possibilities).
Amen... "Been there; done that"!

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Does anybody know when this thing is now expected to be declared finished and to open?
Move-ins have started, but will continue into 2019...

Quote:
San Francisco's tallest building, Salesforce Tower, opens at 97 percent leased

The 1.4 million square foot, $1 billion tower opened this week at 97 percent occupancy. Landlord Boston Properties inked more than 400,000 square feet of leases in the past year with tenants including law firm Covington & Burling LLP, WeWork, Bain & Co., Hellman & Friedman LLC and an expansion with Salesforce.

[...]

The landlord expects the building’s tenants to move in between now and the third quarter of 2019. Only 41,000 square feet is left unspoken for in the massive tower.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 9:37 PM

A Look Back: How Salesforce Tower Broke Records

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...medium=Browser

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 4:00 PM

saw this in person for the first time this week. Really great. Liked it very much

fabulous in the setting and really extends the skyline a great deal - like almost felt like it doubled it, an effect helped by its new neighbors as well. But just great coming up from the area of the airport... fwiw

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
How about a bright ass light that points up? I kinda like those
Just get the city to turn on the ones they put on the Embaradero for the Millenium and have allowed to go to H*ll like so many other SF public amenities:

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...de-3240117.php

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 10:01 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
A Look Back: How Salesforce Tower Broke Records

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...medium=Browser
"Some of the permits involved taking out floor slabs to create interconnected stairs in various Salesforce levels, including the top two floors, which will be made available to the public.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco/news/construction-development/a-look-back-the-building-of-salesforce-tower-83799?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser"

What!? Am I right to assume this will be a paid thing to see the bay from those two top floors? *crosses fingers*

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
"Some of the permits involved taking out floor slabs to create interconnected stairs in various Salesforce levels, including the top two floors, which will be made available to the public.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco/news/construction-development/a-look-back-the-building-of-salesforce-tower-83799?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser"

What!? Am I right to assume this will be a paid thing to see the bay from those two top floors? *crosses fingers*
That's weird because I thought originally they weren't gonna have an observation deck?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
That's weird because I thought originally they weren't gonna have an observation deck?
There's no observation deck.

If you're lucky, you may belong to a community group that is invited to hold an event there (probably a fundraiser). Or, if you're rich, maybe you can rent it out for your bar mitzvah.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
There's no observation deck.

If you're lucky, you may belong to a community group that is invited to hold an event there (probably a fundraiser). Or, if you're rich, maybe you can rent it out for your bar mitzvah.
Don’t have to be lucky. Join the Opera Guild or donate to the Aids Foundation or some similar group. I’ve belonged to those 2 and been invited to their fundraisers in assorted public venues (most memorable: getting drunk and holding a conversation with a crocadile at the old Steinhart Aquarium). Your donation doesn’t actually have to be that large.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 11:06 PM
Metal Up Your !

I suppose the terminology of "open to the public" threw me off. I wouldn't consider it open to public when it's still private in a sense. Bummer, I was excited.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I suppose the terminology of "open to the public" threw me off. I wouldn't consider it open to public when it's still private in a sense. Bummer, I was excited.
The point of my post was there was no general admission viewing space that you could just walk up to and pay, say, $20 and go up. The point of my post wasn't whatever the poster who tries to start a fight eight times a day thinks it was.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I hope you understood I was trying to tell you you likely WILL be able to see the view if you want to. Benioff will control who gets to use the space but he seems to want to make it widely used and to have as many people as possible get to experience it. Keep your eye out for fundraisers and such using it: You won't pay $20 for a ticket to get in but you may be able to get in for a $20 donation.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:15 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
... The point of my post wasn't whatever the poster who tries to start a fight eight times a day thinks it was.
in case this might help, a reminder that the Ignore List is an option. (hope that link works)

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 4:33 PM

kind of hard to follow the thread when the one person is so dominant. Going all the way back to IRC, my experience is that you can put them on ignore, but most others are still engaging with them, so you always end up taking them off ignore.

Stats from this page:

At 475 posts in 11 1/2 years, I'm actually embarrassed that I post so *much*. (Of course, folks like TimBad, who provides so many photos, are welcome to post as often as they want.)

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:26 PM
Build Baby Build

I also have certain members on my ignore list, which is rare for me. I think it is almost more annoying because it doesn't actually hide posts, just content. One-upmanship and Know-about-ism on a long-term forum creates such a mess over time.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:57 PM

Quote:

At 475 posts in 11 1/2 years, I'm actually embarrassed that I post so *much*. (Of course, folks like TimBad, who provides so many photos, are welcome to post as often as they want.)
I think this is the most inappropriate place to be debating this issue and I don't get your point but I will say that I see this web site as recreational--a place for people who live in and enjoy the urban environment to chat and occasionally agree, disagree and sometime help each other.

My most recent comments, which seem to have started your rant, were intended to be helpful. Anyone who wants to access the space at the top of the Salesforce Tower and is willing to make a small donation to a worthy cause will likely have the chance to and I wanted to tell people that. Some don't know that all sorts of SF charities regularly hold fund raisers in this sort of public space.

You may also not know that I have been a participant in this forum for many years (I think I had something like 10,000 posts under another identity--too bad you can't count those in your tally)--we can discuss that too via PM if you care. I'm not certain, but I think I may have been here before any of the current crowd . . . not that it matters because we are supposed to be enjoying our conversation so I'll never understand why some people want to shut down the contributions of other people (even the ad hominem ones like this topic).

One more thing I want to say. I used to post a lot more pictures and try be more of a contributor. I am now 72 and have lived in SF for 36 years. I frankly don't get around like I used to. I used to go downtown almost every day and post pictures to this site. Can't do it now but enjoy the pictures of others and thank them for them. But, yes, I still have opinions about MY city and intend to express them . . . because I enjoy debate. Please just express your disagreement in polite terms if you do disagree (and I may respond to THAT too).

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 11:45 PM

When the pirdy lights gonna turn on?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 8:33 AM

A recent article stated the lighting display would premiere sometime this spring, so we still have a few months to go.

The Salesforce Tower - Learning to love San Francisco's newest middle finger (2 of 52) by chuck revell, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 3:18 AM

View from the Levi Strauss Garden off the Embarcadero

Old Posted Feb 4, 2018, 5:29 PM

Thanks, Jerry. Beautiful pic. Always loved that garden...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture