HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Which lot is that? between Vic & 13th (across from the YM?)
Yep. 2015 Smith Street.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 4:58 PM

Did all the early investors in the condo development get their money back, or were there personal losses?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabibulin View Post
Did all the early investors in the condo development get their money back, or were there personal losses?
If you put a deposit on a unit, you got it back. If you invested in the company...they gone.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 6:27 PM

Taken yesterday: waiting patiently for the next adventure...

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 6:35 PM

please don't be a parking lot.. please don't be a parking lot.. plea..

I'd love to see something with some decent height and modern design here.. thinking something like what you'd see in Oslo.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 11:31 PM
Downtown Dweller

I just received a letter from the City looking for feedback on allowing temporary downtown surface parking lots. If you have strong feelings about converting the dire Capital Pointe debacle into a surface level parking lot, which I do, then I would encourage you to go to http://regina.ca/lot to fill in the form. It won't stop them from adding another surface level parking lot, but at least they will know how dissatisfied some of us are.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld View Post
I just received a letter from the City looking for feedback on allowing temporary downtown surface parking lots. If you have strong feelings about converting the dire Capital Pointe debacle into a surface level parking lot, which I do, then I would encourage you to go to http://regina.ca/lot to fill in the form. It won't stop them from adding another surface level parking lot, but at least they will know how dissatisfied some of us are.
Remember the temporary Harvard Developments parking lot permit in the space directly south of the Delta Hotel for the Agriculture Place Tower construction? Gotta love the parking lot that still sits there to this day.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Remember the temporary Harvard Developments parking lot permit in the space directly south of the Delta Hotel for the Agriculture Place Tower construction? Gotta love the parking lot that still sits there to this day.
So what is the status of that? It isn't a parking lot, but cars are parked on it. Is this a case of, they can't charge for spots on it, but without it fenced off they can't stop people from parking? Is it being used for parking and the city enforcement turning a blind eye?

Or are the cars I noticed parked on it technically on a different parcel of land?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
So what is the status of that? It isn't a parking lot, but cars are parked on it. Is this a case of, they can't charge for spots on it, but without it fenced off they can't stop people from parking? Is it being used for parking and the city enforcement turning a blind eye?

Or are the cars I noticed parked on it technically on a different parcel of land?
It's not a parking lot. They're just letter people occasionally park on it, which I'm sure is technically ok.

But the city is currently actively trying to allow parking everywhere because they're brilliant.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 7:59 PM

And our new council votes to approve the parking lot 6-5. Disappointing!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Well that's pathetic. what a wasted opportunity. Regina deserves better

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:22 PM

Quote:
There was never any doubt that it would be a parking lot. I'm not sure why people are surprised.

What did people expect it to become in this economic climate? A parking lot will at least pay back some of the arrears that site is into the city for.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
There was never any doubt that it would be a parking lot. I'm not sure why people are surprised.

What did people expect it to become in this economic climate? A parking lot will at least pay back some of the arrears that site is into the city for.
You seem to have a habit of confusing disappointment and outrage with surprise. Do you expect people to just accept every decision that is made by city council. The vote was 6-5, for Christ sakes, so it obviously wasn’t a foregone conclusion.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 10:32 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post

An empty lot offers potential - either short or long term. The owner will likely be motivated to consider their options because it isn't generating revenue.

Once it becomes a parking lot, it becomes more difficult to ever disrupt the status quo because it is generating passive income with little maintenance or operating expenses.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 10:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
An empty lot offers potential - either short or long term. The owner will likely be motivated to consider their options because it isn't generating revenue.

Once it becomes a parking lot, it becomes more difficult to ever disrupt the status quo because it is generating passive income with little maintenance or operating expenses.
But ma short term profits!

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 12:32 AM

The Black Building on Rose was demolished for a temporary parking lot for the Mosaic 3 tower workers. Still a lot.

Namerind was supposed to be a temporary lot. The electrified stalls and paved lot don't look very temporary. It's been 4 or 5 years and no development in sight.

Now Capital Pointe. And I bet next year, there will be a 5 year exemption to allow it to continue as a "temporary" lot.

I'm not surprised by this. The OCP does not allow for surface lots yet all three of these will be long term lots. I'd like to see the city take a stronger stance on this.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 12:46 AM

Quote:
The Black Building on Rose was demolished for a temporary parking lot for the Mosaic 3 tower workers. Still a lot.
This is merely a lot, not a parking lot. That is, the city has not allowed them to do parking here any longer. Which frankly given they're allowing Namerind should probably sue the city for inconsistency.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
You seem to have a habit of confusing disappointment and outrage with surprise. Do you expect people to just accept every decision that is made by city council. The vote was 6-5, for Christ sakes, so it obviously wasn’t a foregone conclusion.
Do we know who voted for and against?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
Do we know who voted for and against?
https://twitter.com/PDcityhall/statu...24361121726465

Mancinelli is the biggest failure here.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:15 AM

Because the vote was 6-5, that means council voted 5-5, then Masters made the final decision.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan