HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Transit Terminal Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 11:02 AM

^ Where's that coming from? Is this a new render somewhere?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

Here's before/after comparison, courtesy of Google Earth:

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 1:33 PM
Philly Pholly

I found it here.
I'm loving all the green space

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...enter+City.jpg

Last edited by SEFTA; Sep 29, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 1:53 PM
Philly Pholly

Jun 17, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
Surprised no one has posted this semi-plan rendering. (I have no idea how to resize it)

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I found it here.
I'm loving all the green space

This looks great. I may not live to see it but it looks great.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Actually you know past Septa color schemes were nice like the red and gold, but the current red, white and blue actually doesn't bother me. Being that Philly in central to the history of the nation I think the patriotic colors are actually kind of appropriate. I just wish they would execute it better. Why are like 95% of the bus and trolley bodies painted blank white? Why do they insist on using that hideous red to blue gradient thing? I'm not saying other American cities are all that much better though.
Septa buys only buys orange (for the service trucks) white paint and everything that can will be painted white. (Cop cars, Buses, Supervisor vehicles, Trolleys ...) All the Red and Blue on busses and trolleys are stickers.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg4100 View Post
Septa buys only buys orange (for the service trucks) white paint and everything that can will be painted white. (Cop cars, Buses, Supervisor vehicles, Trolleys ...) All the Red and Blue on busses and trolleys are stickers.
The K Cars used to have a much thicker, bolder stripe where the ads are currently displayed. The old busses also had a much thicker stripe.

I like the PTC scheme on the 15. I kind of agree with Busy Bee that the Red/Blue has gotten a bit old.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 7:35 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Speaking of Septa buses, there were a few shown from the 80's in NetFlix's new series....

Netflix’s new serial killer movie ‘In the Shadow of the Moon’ is set in 1980s Philadelphia

https://www.inquirer.com/entertainme...-20190918.html

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 8:27 PM
Show me the blueprints

It's not so much they are buying white paint, it's just that it likely works out cheapest to order new transit vehicles and fleet vehicles in base white from the manufacturer. Any custom color would constitute an additional charge whereas white does not.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Last edited by Busy Bee; Oct 2, 2019 at 8:39 PM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 9:41 PM

I have been long waiting to bump this thread, and now I have good reason.

SEPTA's 2021 budget meeting was today, and among some other items (like SLVI procurement and the trolley overhaul) was this little tidbit:

https://twitter.com/SicTransitPHL/st...359341057?s=20

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 10:45 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Any mention of 15-Girard trolley suspension?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I have been long waiting to bump this thread, and now I have good reason.

SEPTA's 2021 budget meeting was today, and among some other items (like SLVI procurement and the trolley overhaul) was this little tidbit:

https://twitter.com/SicTransitPHL/st...359341057?s=20

I wouldnt read too much in to that other than they are saying they know the work needs to be done in advance of the larger project. I wouldn't assume it means we are any closer to anything concrete happening than we were a year or two ago.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I wouldnt read too much in to that other than they are saying they know the work needs to be done in advance of the larger project. I wouldn't assume it means we are any closer to anything concrete happening than we were a year or two ago.
Oh I know it’s not imminent, I just was posting it because it’s proof that there is at least something happening with this project.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 2:44 PM

Amtrak picks team for up to $400M overhaul of 30th Street Station

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...t-station.html

Quote:
An Australian firm hired by PennDOT to reconstruct a series of 548 bridges across the state has been selected by Amtrak to oversee the management and $300 million to $400 million renovation of 30th Street Station in Philadelphia.

Amtrak has retained Plenary Infrastructure to enter into a 50-year master development lease that includes a long-term ground lease for the renovation of 30th Street Station.

Under the agreement, Plenary under Plenary Americas USA Ltd. and its team will design, build, finance, operate and maintain the station. The company has enlisted Gilbane Building Co., Johnson Controls Inc. and Vantage Airport Group Ltd. to be part of the team.

Renovations are expected to begin in 2021 and be completed in 2025, said Beth Toll, an Amtrak spokeswoman, in an email response to questions. The work will be staggered so that it can be completed without any disruption in passenger service and passengers will have access to key amenities throughout construction, Toll said.
Quote:
The work Plenary will undertake does not include a large swath of land referred to as Penn Coach Yards located west of 30th Street Station. When it issued the RFQ, Amtrak broke up the redevelopment of properties it owns around 30th Street into two phases so a developer doesn’t become bogged down trying to tackle such an enormous site at one time.

The first phase of work involves: 30th Street Station, which is the third busiest station in Amtrak’s national rail system; the two towers above the station that house Amtrak offices, retail space inside the station, a public plaza on the Market Street side of the station and the customer-serving areas of the station, including the restrooms, ticketing and baggage, the metropolitan lounge and the north waiting room.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 4:48 PM

^^^^^^^^
If this is true, it doesn't mention any of the various proposed plans for a underground concourse on the west side of the station, that could be connected to the SEPTA station. That would be discouraging. I'd like to go back and see all the renovations that Amtrak has done to the station in the last 25 years; I'm having a hard time seeing where $400M is going, that's a big stack of money.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 7:56 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
^^^^^^^^
If this is true, it doesn't mention any of the various proposed plans for a underground concourse on the west side of the station, that could be connected to the SEPTA station. That would be discouraging. I'd like to go back and see all the renovations that Amtrak has done to the station in the last 25 years; I'm having a hard time seeing where $400M is going, that's a big stack of money.
my first thought too. hopeful just an omission by the writer and not a scrapped idea - that was one of the best parts of the whole plan.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
my first thought too. hopeful just an omission by the writer and not a scrapped idea - that was one of the best parts of the whole plan.
Considering there has been active work in that tunnel for the last year, I don't doubt that it's still part of the plans.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 12:48 PM

From Inga's column on the Moynihan Train Hall in NYC. Apparently after picking the design team for the 30th Street Station improvements last year, they have yet to sign a contract:

Quote:
After several false starts, Amtrak finally produced a master plan in 2016 for upgrading the station and surrounding real estate, including the train yards on the north side. But Amtrak didn’t get around to picking a team to implement the plan until last summer, and the contract with the group (which includes the Skidmore firm) has yet to be signed. According to several transportation sources, the Federal Railroad Administration has been dragging its feet for reasons that are unclear.
Quote:
If ever Amtrak did get serious about building a bus station on the north side of 30th Street Station, it would need lots of help. Before construction can start, PennDot must reorganize the I-76 ramps next to the building. Under the current schedule, it could be a decade before the first shovel goes into the ground, said Michael Carroll, the city’s deputy managing director for transportation — “unless someone in the next administration loves this project.”
Biden loves trains and could support this project if he wants to fund a massive infrastructure program, but there needs to be a local element really pushing for it.

https://fusion.inquirer.com/real-est...-20210125.html

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 3:09 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg4100 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind if they painted the Buses Red, The El Blue, The BSL Orange or a new color and then have trolleys red, white and blue.

Cop cars and etc are fine. Even though a Red white and blue cop car would be very 1776

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

_

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals