HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 2:50 PM

I believe the JW was influenced by this thread. And I know developers are looking at our comments. When the first renders came out on the JW, they were vehemently opposed by many of us. Very little glass. I did a photo shop and cladded the east wall in glass and shortly afterwards, they came out with a new rendering showing the building clad in glass.
So who's to say with certainty that we didn't influence a design change. If there is a functional reason for a particular design feature like the Independent's crown, then no amount of complaining will change things. Same thing if the budget calls for a certain use of materials. But I think its still worth the time to state our opinions here when warranted, because SkyscraperPage is visited by media and developers. Sometimes a subtle or significant design change can come from public opinion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin