Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

One Bayfront Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 5:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
From these renderings, the building looks pretty boring. The old design was a lot better than these renderings. I don't know where Miami Today News is getting this business about new height restrictions. We just had a legal battle not long ago to get 1,010 feet in parts of the CBD and Brickell.
They must be on to something, perhaps the FAA have changed their thinking on safety

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:11 PM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
No, the airport is there to stay with all the billions being put into it. I can't believe you suggested that the airport could move, very odd. There is nowhere to move it, and they would be wasting billions if they closed it. The planners of the past had no vision sadly. Airport planning has often been shortsighted in many cities.
Not move the airport, move the flight paths away from going over the downtown area so the FAA doesn't put height limits upon it.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:18 PM
Come As You Are

That design is awesome

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:38 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
That design is awesome
I'm glad you think so. Maybe I'm just hung up on the previous design.
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:47 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
They must be on to something, perhaps the FAA have changed their thinking on safety
This was a serious legal battle and the city was able to get 1,010 feet out of the FAA. They can't just change their minds like that. Something is not right about that Miami Today News story.
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 8:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
This was a serious legal battle and the city was able to get 1,010 feet out of the FAA. They can't just change their minds like that. Something is not right about that Miami Today News story.
I Know that's right.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 8:34 PM

Well, maybe the FAA could be tied-up until this wave of construction gets underway.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 5:09 AM

Is FAA has already received approved yet? When it will start? When they will start construction?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Is FAA has already received approved yet? When it will start? When they will start construction?
2015 last I heard.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
2015 last I heard.
Right, let's wait and see. We'll find out soon enough. Try to be more patiently. Give a time.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 4:18 PM

http://therealdeal.com/miami/blog/20...tallest-tower/

Planned Panorama would be Miami’s tallest tower

Mixed-use project by Tibor Hollo to begin marketing next year

by Sanna Chu (Miami Today)
April 18, 2013 04:00PM

Quote:
A veteran Miami developer is planning to build a tower to tower above the rest. Tibor Hollo’s Panorama, which would go up at 1101 Brickell Avenue, would be Miami’s and Florida’s tallest building, Miami Today reported.

Panorama would rise 830 feet, with construction to be complete by 2016. The 85-story structure would have 941 rental apartments, 300,000 square feet of office space and 100,000 square feet of ground-level retail, according to Miami Today.

Construction at the site began last year and Hollo plans to start marketing in summer 2014, Miami Today said.

By a height of 41 feet, Panorama would dwarf the nearby Four Seasons Hotel & Tower at 1435 Brickell Avenue, which, at 789 feet, has been Miami’s and Florida’s tallest building for the past decade.

Hollo is also planning Miami’s first “super-tall” tower at 1,010 feet, the paper reported. One Bayfront Plaza has been in the works at 100 South Biscayne Boulevard for years, but construction has not yet begun. Hollo said he would re-focus on that project — and was confident it could go forward — after the Panorama project is complete.
I guess we will have to wait for the new tallest before we get our super tall

Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 8:09 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Bump. Any new developments?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 2:38 PM

They are looking at bumping up the height to 1049 feet and getting started in "2 to 3 years"

From an article in todays Miami Herald:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/2...lanned-to.html

Quote:
But Swire has close competition: veteran Miami developer Tibor Hollo’s Florida East Coast Realty, which already has approval for a long-planned 1,010-foot tower on Biscayne Boulevard across from Bayfront Park, is asking the Federal Aviation Administration to allow them to up the building’s height. To 1,049 feet.

That’s the height Hollo wanted, but couldn’t get, when the One Bayfront Plaza project was first approved in 2007.
Quote:
Hollo, who built the Omni complex, the Opera Tower and numerous other urban projects during a development career spanning 60 years, won approval for One Bayfront Plaza during the economic downturn, figuring it would take several years to develop and build it. He now says he’s likely two to three years away from the start of construction.

The wedge-shaped tower, designed by the prominent firm Kohn Pederson Fox — also responsible for the signature Espirito Santo Bank building on Brickell — would contain two levels of shops, an 800-room hotel, 130,000 square feet of exhibition space, offices and 640 condos.

One reason he’s going super-tall, Hollo said, is that it’s simpler to build one really tall tower than multiple, shorter buildings.

“I prefer to do one building at a time,” Hollo said. “I like to focus on the details. If you do three or four at a time, you lose it. This way I can be on top of everything.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/2...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 2:58 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This tower will be 1,005 Feet. The extra five feet just refers to the sea level change. The FAA approved it at that height according to the Miami Herald. They wanted it at 1,049 feet ,but the FAA didn't allow it. The developer, Hollo, is pushing for a 2018 completion. Its tentative though as things might change.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 3:05 AM
DENNAB

Still that's great, so much development happening in Miami

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 6:07 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the FAA wants this chopped down to 470 feet.

I hope they do not get their way. This is beyond absurd.

Quote:
[...]

Florida East Coast Realty has proposed building its One Bayfront Plaza office and retail tower 1,005 feet tall. The FAA wants to cut it down to 470 feet.

[...]
=================================
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...mi-towers.html

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 9:44 PM
DENNAB

What the? How on earth is that even reasonable?

To hell with the FAA. But is there any way that they wouldn't get their way?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 10:03 PM

why would they choose that height when there is a 760' tower right next door? Completely unreasonable. Do they release the data to their "studies"?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 10:29 PM

I feel bad for Miami, such ashame.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 10:57 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
What the? How on earth is that even reasonable?

To hell with the FAA. But is there any way that they wouldn't get their way?
There have been numerous projects in the past that have "compromised". I really do think that height is laughable. Especially from the developers standpoint. This is really a recommendation, but I don't think it will hold water. Probably see something 700 feet hopefully. Or... they may compromise for it to be higher, but this is one of many that are being affected by the unusually stringent FAA this year.

Even Miami Central, the supertall proposal revealed a couple of months ago, they want it half that height.

How this will affect the other two 900 footers recently revealed, its iffy. They really are a POS organization considering 700 foot plus towers are going up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals