Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:00 AM

Isn't The Pier proposed at 24 floors?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:58 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddave View Post
Isn't The Pier proposed at 24 floors?
I believe so. So, that should mean completion in about 8 more years at the current construction rate of about 3 floors per year?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I believe so. So, that should mean completion in about 8 more years at the current construction rate of about 3 floors per year?
That’s so fast. Incredible that they can build 24 floors in 8 years. I’ve never seen a project move so fast. They should get an award for it.

Wait I thought the height was 27 floors, capped at like 297’ for building height or something. Or am I way off?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:28 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
That’s so fast. Incredible that they can build 24 floors in 8 years. I’ve never seen a project move so fast. They should get an award for it.

Wait I thought the height was 27 floors, capped at like 297’ for building height or something. Or am I way off?
Don't know. I just counted the floors in their rendering at https://www.rinka.com/ucpier-1. I'm not even sure that's a current rendering

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:44 AM

I believe I saw it on this thread posted sometime back. It if was a city of Tempe document listing of all the buildings proposed or under construction is where I thought I saw the 24 stories.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:24 AM

Pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post

Like I have always said. Heh it's a family affair. It will just take time! Maybe dad is teaching the kids all of the trades. If so props to him.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 2:56 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with Ronnie's Auto Repair at Roosevelt and University? It's fenced up...always thought it would be a great adaptive re-use project for a restaurant(s) or something?

Also I noticed that the townhouses on Farmer south of University seem like they are happening.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
I'm not sure which project you're referring to?
I found the link on The Pier it will be 24 stories at 287'

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 8:57 PM

Peaking through the fence at 100 Mill:

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=muertecaza;9061973]Peaking through the fence at 100 Mill:

Looks like they have about caught up with the Pier.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:26 AM

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:42 AM

What project is this?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:54 AM

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA744PHX View Post
What project is this?
Interdisciplinary Science and Technology 7

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 3:23 PM

Thanks for the pics, CB.

I really hope we start to see some activity on the other parcels within this Novus phase. I know the last few planned developments are the office building next to 777, food hall mixed-use project, high rise residential, asu office building across from 777 tucked up to the parking garage that is in planning & development review.

Does anyone think we will see the next phase (where the asu track and old baseball stadium is) get demo'd and start within the next year?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Thanks for the pics, CB.

I really hope we start to see some activity on the other parcels within this Novus phase. I know the last few planned developments are the office building next to 777, food hall mixed-use project, high rise residential, asu office building across from 777 tucked up to the parking garage that is in planning & development review.

Does anyone think we will see the next phase (where the asu track and old baseball stadium is) get demo'd and start within the next year?
There's been rumors that's where the ASU multi-purpose arena will be going in (Hockey and olympic sports). I could never tell if it would be on the parking lot immediately west of Sun Angel Stadium or on the stadium itself. But now due to the pandemic, not sure if these plans have been put on hold.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Thanks for the pics, CB.

Not sure when we get them, but I'm excited for when it happens. I rode through the area on my bike this morning and even with very few people, it felt big, and active and urban. ISTB 7 is looking really good, and I'm really liking how 777, the Aspen Heights apartments and even the parking garage are coming together. Add the ones you mentioned, plus the X Tempe building at Rural/Terrace if we're lucky and that's starting to feel like a second urban node in Tempe.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 4:56 PM

I like how Novus is essentially creating two "cores" within tempe. You have the downtown core on mill avenue and soon the novus core on rural that both offer a diverse range of uses within new class A developments. Tempe has come so far in a decade, can only image what the next 10 brings! One thing I am sure of is, we will have a lot of development news to talk about in this forum.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
There's been rumors that's where the ASU multi-purpose arena will be going in (Hockey and olympic sports). I could never tell if it would be on the parking lot immediately west of Sun Angel Stadium or on the stadium itself. But now due to the pandemic, not sure if these plans have been put on hold.
Still planning on having it completed by August 2022: https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ms/5901278002/

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Still planning on having it completed by August 2022: https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ms/5901278002/
Nice great find!! Now, for ASU to announce the renovation of The Bank

Quote:
Preliminary work has been done on the site for ASU's 5,000-seat multi-purpose arena for hockey and other sports and events near Sun Angel Track Stadium. Powers expects that facility to be open by August 2022.

There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes," he said. "Obviously navigating those waters through a pandemic has been challenge, but we're still confident it's on pace. We expect some exciting news over the course of the next monht or so," perhaps meaning a formal groundbreaking.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest