HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 1:42 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Jacobsen construction has fenced off all of the lds property along 200 west between north and south temple, including the old dees building on north temple.

Are they going to finally do something with this property? I’m guessing they are just going to use it for temple square construction... but just thought I’d ask.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 1:56 PM

Now that the City Council approved the plan and tax increment for Block 67 at the end of last month, is there any word on when it will be moving forward? Under the planning commission extension, don’t they have to secure the building permits by the end of this month?

Last edited by SLCPolitico; Oct 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I stood on top of a chair on the Social Hall patio area behind Harmons to look over the fence haha.
LOL, I figured as much. Thanks though, we're finally seeing something besides dirt.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 2:10 AM
One Thing At A Time

Looks like the Held project is dead. Signs up saying the lot is for sale. Such a prime spot. Hopefully something good gets built there.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 4:58 AM

Which one is the Held project?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 5:50 AM

^
370 Millennium Tower

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 10:42 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
370 Millennium Tower
Bummer

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 6:37 AM
Ironweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Looks like the Held project is dead. Signs up saying the lot is for sale. Such a prime spot. Hopefully something good gets built there.
The owners probably discovered how weird and difficult is is to get a project done like theirs in SLC.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 7:52 AM

Any update on the Moda Luxe?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 4:09 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
370 Millennium Tower
That for sale sign has actually been there for at least a year or 2. The regent street hotel is also dead. I’m pretty sure the former developer sold that property off a while ago

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
The owners probably discovered how weird and difficult is is to get a project done like theirs in SLC.
I think it has more to do with the incredibly lopsided demand of suburban/exurban stand-alone office buildings vs. urban downtown office buildings in the Utah metro areas.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 4:48 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
That for sale sign has actually been there for at least a year or 2. The regent street hotel is also dead. I’m pretty sure the former developer sold that property off a while ago
No. Before it was a sign for future office space leasing. Now the lot is for sale.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 8:14 PM

Looks like Salt Development changed its plans from the 4 story Hardware Crossing office to a 6 story residential with 300 luxury apartments called Salt Lake Crossing. There are 150 planned studio apartments and another 150 micro units. They also include 10,000 feet of coworking space into the mix.

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 5:16 PM

Billboard fight bubbles to the surface in Salt Lake City mayoral race

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...fight-bubbles/

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 5:33 PM

University of Utah to host vice presidential debate in 2020

https://kjzz.com/news/local/universi...dential-debate

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 5:34 PM

Advocates unveil plan to make a second Utah Winter Olympics greener, fairer and more beneficial for all

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/10/...s-unveil-plan/

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Billboard fight bubbles to the surface in Salt Lake City mayoral race

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...fight-bubbles/
Mendenhall For Mayor

Haha - Could Erin Mendenhall actually be Future Mayor?? Seriously, We'd probably be surprised how many forum members are women, who we just assume are men! Even if she's not Future Mayor I love where she stands on the issues that we have discussed for years now.

"Mendenhall noted that the city’s skyline is changing, with the addition of six new high rises in the next few years, and that she wants people coming in to Salt Lake City from the airport on I-80 and off the 600 South offramp to have a better first impression of the city.

“We should never have people coming over that hill and looking at the very same dilapidated and blighted entrance to our city that we had in 2002,” she said. “If we don’t have a mayor who knows how to lead this kind of a conversation, that’s where we’re going because that’s the stalemate we’ve been in for decades.”

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Mendenhall For Mayor

Haha - Could Erin Mendenhall actually be Future Mayor?? Seriously, We'd probably be surprised how many forum members are women, who we just assume are men! Even if she's not Future Mayor I love where she stands on the issues that we have discussed for years now.

"Mendenhall noted that the city’s skyline is changing, with the addition of six new high rises in the next few years, and that she wants people coming in to Salt Lake City from the airport on I-80 and off the 600 South offramp to have a better first impression of the city.

“We should never have people coming over that hill and looking at the very same dilapidated and blighted entrance to our city that we had in 2002,” she said. “If we don’t have a mayor who knows how to lead this kind of a conversation, that’s where we’re going because that’s the stalemate we’ve been in for decades.”
I've met Future Mayor and he's definitely Male, unless he's transgender and she has since had some serious plastic surgery, but I most certainly doubt it.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenBurgers View Post
Looks like Salt Development changed its plans from the 4 story Hardware Crossing office to a 6 story residential with 300 luxury apartments called Salt Lake Crossing. There are 150 planned studio apartments and another 150 micro units. They also include 10,000 feet of coworking space into the mix.

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
They didn't change it. This is a new development just south of 300 North and west of the 400 West Apartments on a long thin lot. The plan for the business building was west of the Salt Lake Hardware Building on the parking lot just north of the North Temple Viaduct.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 4:00 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
They didn't change it. This is a new development just south of 300 North and west of the 400 West Apartments on a long thin lot. The plan for the business building was west of the Salt Lake Hardware Building on the parking lot just north of the North Temple Viaduct.
There were plans, briefly, for an additional 4 story office building on that strip just west of 4th West Apartments. But it looks like that will no longer be the case.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West