HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 21, 2008, 3:26 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Kista, a mini-tour when the sun was up

A few pictures from my hood Kista, or rather the part of Kista on the other side of the (elevated subway) tracks. I took over a hundred pics, but most are just of construction works, so here come the slightly more interesting ones

sry bout the big pics, these are raw images, tinypic.com allows uploading without resizing, so that's what I always do.

1 a Swede-shadow. this is at maybe 12:30, winter = dark up here.

2 our enemy, nature, doesn't need much to start taking over our cities.

3 top of the tallest building in Stockholm.

4 the E4 interstate, which is not just the main motorway in Stockholm, here it is also the City limits. The commieblock on the other side are in the municipality of Sollentuna.

5 Some projects in Kista are delayed from the financial crisis, but those that had started are all going full steam.

6 a re-done road (now with sidewalks!), the subway and in back Rinkeby (one of Sweden's most infamous hoods)

7 CYKLAR

8 If only I could read Farsi...

9 The grass is still very green outside my building.

10 part of the view from my kitchen, been one construction or another visible for most of the last 10 years

11 wow, they make the malls look so good these days. Yes, that IS the finished exterior! blä
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Dec 21, 2008, 5:15 PM
low life in a tall place

Nice set, Swede. I gotta say Kista looks a bit rugged and cold this time of year.

Gotta love the KST. It belongs in a cluster though-- and hopefully that will sort of happen soon, no?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2008, 5:50 PM
YIMBY co-founder

The cluster will take a few years to happen. Only one taller planned now and one a fair bit shorter. Pretty spread out to boot. BUT this just the start, when the 2nd and 3rd towers start rising in a year or two I think we'll see more proposals come along.

hehe, rugged? fo sho! poorest borough in the City of Stockholm!
cold? it was maybe +1C today, so kinda. But no snow
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Dec 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
Old Fart Forumer

The poor hoods over there look quite nice. Where the heck are the burned out shells of abandoned apartment buildings?

btw, what is a Sheytonak party?

Good to see the looooong shadow of the Swede has things covered. Thanks for the tour.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Dec 22, 2008, 2:10 AM
Kicking it Viking style..

Nice pics mate!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2008, 10:59 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Tack kompis

@Ex-Ith, the pics are mostly of the office-area. lemme find a couple of the residential areas in the borough...
damnit, they must have been nuked when my last computer died. Something to do over the holidays

Old Posted Dec 22, 2008, 6:28 PM
Old Fart Forumer

^ I'll keep an eye out for them Swede.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Dec 22, 2008, 8:23 PM
Information Age

It must be great to live near so much development, and yeah, the financial
crisis sucks.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2008, 12:20 AM

Very nice. This brings back memories from when I did my urban planning thesis (Univ of Washington) on Kista in the early 90s. I compared the pedestrian systems between Kista (a more functionalist approach) to a new city at that time, Skarpnaack, which has more of a new urbanist approach.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos