HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 2:23 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post

Onward to the rest of the Dalhousie Campus.

The amazing Killiam Library. One of my favourite buildings in Halifax. The atrium is such a cool place.

Thanks for all the photos. The Killam Library is a great Halifax building. I wonder if the new Central Library designers could get some ideas from the Killam Library and incorporate a great atrium into its design.

When I went to Dalhousie back in the late 70's they had a room where you could go and get a music record and listen with headphones to a record player. It seemed very innovative at the time. Maybe the new Central Library could have a similar room, maybe with a MP3 system, so that people could go there and listen to music with headphones (like the headphones that people buy on airplanes). In addition to a library of books they could have a library of music.

Last edited by fenwick16; Jan 30, 2010 at 3:15 AM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post

When I went to Dalhousie back in the late 70's they had a room where you could go and get a music record and listen with headphones to a record player. It seemed very innovative at the time. Maybe the new Central Library could have a similar room, maybe with a MP3 system, so that people could go there and listen to music with headphones (like the headphones that people buy on airplanes). In addition to a library of books they could have a library of music.
I was at Dal in the mid 70's (and mid 80's, and mid 90's). I remember that room and those dual turntables, and listening to Paul McCartney's 'Ram', and Innervisions. There was a woman who oversaw that room, think her last name was Tittle, and her brother (and her) played ina band called Murphy's Law. The atrium didn't have a roof and the snow would come in. zet

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 3:15 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZET View Post
I was at Dal in the mid 70's (and mid 80's, and mid 90's). I remember that room and those dual turntables, and listening to Paul McCartney's 'Ram', and Innervisions. There was a woman who oversaw that room, think her last name was Tittle, and her brother (and her) played ina band called Murphy's Law. The atrium didn't have a roof and the snow would come in. zet
I haven't seen Killam Library since they added the atrium roof. How does it look? I haven't been back to the Killam library since the late 70's. I hope that the new Central Library can match the Killam Library in architectural design.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 1:16 PM

perhaps someone who is good with uploading pictures will take a few shots. The coutyard is now like being inside, the roof if I remember is nice. There may be a coffee shop in the atrium now. ZET

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZET View Post
I took some music courses at Dal in the 80's and spent a bit of time in the listening room. Up on the forth or fifth floor I think. Big collection, and nice little cubicles around the perimeter with windows overlooking the campus and private turntables for listening.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos