HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 4:41 AM

There's 67 people in GC?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
not a cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerguy View Post
There's 67 people in GC?
There only has to be a certain percentage of registered voters to sign a petition to get a measure on the ballot. It may be only a percentage of the number who voted in the last election, iirc, and since the last election was a very low turnout...

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
There only has to be a certain percentage of registered voters to sign a petition to get a measure on the ballot. It may be only a percentage of the number who voted in the last election, iirc, and since the last election was a very low turnout...
It was a joke (like, didn't realize there was that many people there)

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 6:43 AM

Good news and bad news... The bad news first? Ok, we're going to have to endure more road construction on I-84. The good news? Gowen, Broadway and Meridian road interchanges will be improved! The article is unclear on whether the interchanges will be upgraded or replaced entirely. Possibly SPUI's similar to how Vista's was done without closing the road? I can't wait to see the renderings!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...erchanges.html

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
Good news and bad news... The bad news first? Ok, we're going to have to endure more road construction on I-84. The good news? Gowen, Broadway and Meridian road interchanges will be improved! The article is unclear on whether the interchanges will be upgraded or replaced entirely. Possibly SPUI's similar to how Vista's was done without closing the road? I can't wait to see the renderings!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...erchanges.html
I remember seeing many years ago that on Broadway, ITD was proposing to add a cloverleaf ramp on the SE approach (I-84 east to Broadway north). I hope they still do that, as that is a very dominant portion of traffic--most of it SE Boise commuters looking to get to the area via the Federal Way interchange.

I've never seen a cloverleaf merged with a SPUI before, so I doubt we're going to see them on Meridian, or Broadway if they add a cloverleaf. On Meridian I bet we see the westbound offramp get its own right turn cycle, like on Eagle Road.

Gowen will be tricky to redo, as it runs under the interstate and there is terrain right next to the underpass.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 12:18 AM

That whole Gowen area is a mess and needs a severe update.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 12:41 AM

Love the SPUI's, so glad they started putting those in here. Vista and Ten Mile are a joy to use. I kept thinking Broadway really needs one too. I do courier work and drive all over the valley but I'll be 100% fine with added construction if it means getting modern roadway systems.

Also, when heading east toward the Broadway exit they should really use some of all that extra room on the shoulder to add another dedicated exit lane.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2012, 6:01 PM

I HATE driving in the Eagle and Meridian interchanges. I hope they do a SPUI at least at Meridian. They need to dump that stupid loop. It is inefficient and takes up a lot of space. The Ten Mile interchange is an excellent design.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa B View Post
I HATE driving in the Eagle and Meridian interchanges. I hope they do a SPUI at least at Meridian. They need to dump that stupid loop. It is inefficient and takes up a lot of space. The Ten Mile interchange is an excellent design.
The reason why that loop is there to allow the heavy morning traffic of southbound Meridian to proceed eastbound on I-84 towards downtown without having to wait to make a left turn across traffic. Even a SPUI doesn't eliminate that. I would be quite surprised if they removed it.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 2:58 PM

http://www.boiseweekly.com/Cobweb/ar...le-bike-repair

Boise Bicycle Project Mechanic Launches Got Fixed? Mobile Bike Repair

Posted by Andrew Crisp on Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:12 PM

Looks like the airport is adding flights. Heard from a good source announcement will come this week. Supposed to be new airline coming to town. Good stuff!!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIguy View Post
Looks like the airport is adding flights. Heard from a good source announcement will come this week. Supposed to be new airline coming to town. Good stuff!!
Airport Facebook confirms this news. Tomorrow at 930am. I have no clue...

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 12:19 AM

I worked on this for almost 2-years, so it's exciting that it's finally happening! Wish I could say more about which airline and where it will be flying, but that's for them to share at the event tomorrow. I will be there, for sure, to share in the celebration. Suffice to say there will be lots of excited people when they hear and the bookings are going to take off in a hurry. Great news for Boise Airport and for SW Idaho! ;-)

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
I worked on this for almost 2-years, so it's exciting that it's finally happening! Wish I could say more about which airline and where it will be flying, but that's for them to share at the event tomorrow. I will be there, for sure, to share in the celebration. Suffice to say there will be lots of excited people when they hear and the bookings are going to take off in a hurry. Great news for Boise Airport and for SW Idaho! ;-)
Congrats on your accomplishment. Since there aren't any airlines left these days. If I I had to guess, I'd say Allegiant to Hawaii.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
I know they've been working hard on getting service to BOI from a Southern hub... Since it's a new airline doesn't that only leave AA to DFW? Unless this is something different entirely that could certainly be Allegiant to Hawaii...

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 1:26 AM

Thanks! I was very involved but wasn't a team of one, by any means. Always exciting to get the green light from a carrier after selling them on the market, especially when it's taken a while to convince and/or for the time to be right.

There are a handful of North American based airlines out there which don't serve BOI (including a couple which previously flew here) and have expressed interest. Tomorrow, that list will decrease by one. And, many know how hard BOI has been hit with decreased capacity in the last couple of years (mostly due to declining demand during the recession), so to have some good news come is a BIG deal.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 1:38 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Whoa! Very exciting! I can't wait to hear who it is.

Seems pretty wide open as far as the possibilities. Here's how I'd rank what tomorrow's announcement might be from most to least likely:
Allegiant to Hawaii
Spirit to Las Vegas or Dallas/Ft. Worth
Silver Airways offering some intra-Idaho or Idaho-Montana service similar to Big Sky
American adding Boise to Dallas/Ft. Worth
Alaska Airlines (technically a new carrier) adding mainline 737s on Boise to Seattle
*All below I'd consider extremely unlikely*
Virgin America to San Francisco
JetBlue service to New York or Long Beach
WestJet adding Boise to Calgary or Vancouver
Hawaiian adding a nonstop to Honolulu
British Airways to London Heathrow (LOL!)

But that's just my guess! Very cool, and congratulations ATLonthebrain! You and your team are a service to our community.

Last edited by BoiseAirport; Aug 7, 2012 at 1:58 AM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 1:54 AM

You didn't hear it from me..but, it's DEFINITELY the last one, except it's Virgin Atlantic!! ha

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 6:09 AM

It can now be found on the airline's route map. According to the route map they will serve two destinations from BOI. Spokane will also be getting service from this airline to one destination. I'll let someone else officially spoil it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 6:40 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
It can now be found on the airline's route map. According to the route map they will serve two destinations from BOI. Spokane will also be getting service from this airline to one destination. I'll let someone else officially spoil it.
Found it! All I can say is: WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some much-needed good news for air service. I wonder which gate they'll use.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West