HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
I made another photomontage demonstrating the evolution of the NYC skyline over the next few decades. I went a little crazy with this one, including some visionary proposals. It is pretty incredible how much of an impact 432 Park has on the skyline. EDIT: I may have made this tower a bit too tall in this one however...

Original Photo Source: ill-padrino www.matthiashaker.com

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:53 AM

Hahahaa. It would be perfect if all these buildings were built. But anyway, most of them will be built (even if some take years), and other projects will emerge. Great job, fantastic!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:07 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
I made another photomontage demonstrating the evolution of the NYC skyline over the next few decades. I went a little crazy with this one, including some visionary proposals. It is pretty incredible how much of an impact 432 Park has on the skyline. EDIT: I may have made this tower a bit too tall in this one however...

Original Photo Source: ill-padrino www.matthiashaker.com

Well, I also hope that for New York....

West Side 2025

or

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:16 PM
BANNED

^^^ Lol, is that the original Chicago Spire design on the left?

That would be sweet if all these towers come to fruition. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the individual designs, but NYC would be so epic as a collection of talls with all of these built. I mean NYC will have gone from a 500' plateau to a 700' Plateau and now a 1000' plateau of buildings over about 100 years...

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:14 PM

The cam is back up for those interested

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 2:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
NYC will have gone from a 500' plateau to a 700' Plateau and now a 1000' plateau of buildings over about 100 years...
It's starting to look that way. Although there were supertall proposals since the original WTC was built, there wasn't a huge number of them. Now it just seems part of the norm. I'm interested in seeing how or if that even changes how we view these supertall towers. I think this one will also go up under the radar, at least until it gets up in "Citycorp" territory.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:43 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Looks like they're getting ready to do more blasting today.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 4:15 AM
BANNED

If Bloomberg's proposed re-zoning of Midtown East occurs, 300m towers will be everywhere:

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2012/0...l_terminal.php

Fun With Urban Planning
Bloomberg Pushing for Rezoning Near Grand Central Terminal
Monday, April 16, 2012, by Sara Polsky
Share on email0As Mayor Bloomberg's third term draws to a close, the administration is pushing for a rezoning of the Grand Central neighborhood while it still has the chance. The rezoning would encompass the area between Fifth and Third avenues and East 39th and East 59th streets. It "would be a linchpin of [Bloomberg's] legacy," one unnamed business official tells the Daily News, and it would also have significant implications for Grand Central-area development. Such as?

If the rezoning went through as Bloomberg imagines, it would allow area developers to build up to the height of the Chrysler Building, which one city zoning expert says would make buildings around Grand Central an average of 20 percent to 30 percent larger. A city planning spokesperson says only that the administration is considering the plan now and that it will take a few months to finalize. In the meantime, fantasy renderings of a taller Midtown welcomed to the Curbed inbox.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 1:15 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Perhaps. More on that here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=197082

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
Looks like they're getting ready to do more blasting today.
Yeah, they are blasting again.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 10:16 PM

Yeah,so is it a safe bet this building will undergo construction,or is it another stalled project?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Yeah,so is it a safe bet this building will undergo construction,or is it another stalled project?
If by stalled you mean they have been blasting the site with explosives to prep it for construction, then yes it is stalled.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
If by stalled you mean they have been blasting the site with explosives to prep it for construction, then yes it is stalled.
Ohh so it's about to go under construction.Thanks.I thought this project was still at the drawing boards.Come 2014,New York will be amazing.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 2:34 PM
New Yorker for life

They are currently blasting (site prep), and I don't think it's just for fun. They fully intend to build this tower - yet it isn't under construction for now. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but we've seen enough of this sort of thing to know how it works.

http://www.432park.com/?a8541238

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
They are currently blasting (site prep), and I don't think it's just for fun. They fully intend to build this tower - yet it isn't under construction for now. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but we've seen enough of this sort of thing to know how it works.

http://www.432park.com/?a8541238
Thanks a lot as always NYGuy.This,1WTC,and the Verre Tower are my favorite buildings that are proposed,Under Construction or just plainly waiting for the get go(Verre Tower).

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:11 PM

This is across the street from the site. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...rk_real_estate

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:41 PM
BANNED

I walked by after a meeting on 23 April 2012 and the back of the site was open. The progress is utterly amazing. It's a very deep, huge pit with lots of excavators working.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 2:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Saturday morning (4/28/12), no more blasting...

www.432park.com

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.observer.com/2012/04/the-...is-now-rising/

The Tallest Building in New York City, 432 Park Avenue, Is Now Rising

By Matt Chaban 4/27

Quote:
The Observer was wandering along 57th Street today when we saw an unexpected sight: a cement truck backed up to the old Drake Hotel site. Two of them actually, one dumping its payload into the maw that Macklowe built while another waited to do so. And so, a new era for our ever-more-spindly skyline begins, thanks to Harry Macklowe and his secretive partners at CIM...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 3:43 PM
World Machine

Excellent - definitely a good sight!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 5:05 PM
Metal Up Your !

They're starting construction, yet no official rendering?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive