HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

One Chicago Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 1:40 PM

These shots are amazing. I walk by this every day and had no idea the hole was that deep!
Where will the 2 other cranes be located? This is supposed to have 3 total right?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 1:44 PM

Talking

I did notice on Nick's instagram where he said the height went up to 971.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisouthside View Post
I did notice on Nick's instagram where he said the height went up to 971.
I wouldn't read anything into this, ha...did a quick search on Google to confirm for my post and used the height Wikipedia reported.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 6:44 PM

This shit is mind blowing. Holy F'ing job site. Could anything be more large in it's dimensions? Nick that shot with the welders flames (sparks/whatever) is a piece of art. I'd love to have that framed on my wall. Wow!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 7:36 PM

Nick I echo all, I have been on this site since its earliest stages. I am Tony in Edgewater and some might remember, probably not. I mean this was like 20 years ago. The pics are just amazing!

I still monitor this site all the time. Does anyone have the last pic of the rendering when it was scaled down or know the page number to find it? Thank you.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 10:34 PM

^ ha! I do..

I was jcchii, that long ago.. pre 9/11

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^^ The balconies aren't too bad at all. It gives texture to the facade and also adds some sense of scale up there. I actually prefer these balc's over Vista's.

I am not a balcony guy, but people like to throw money at homes with balconies, and if that's what it takes to make this a feasible building, then so be it!
I agree completely, they add a vertical texture that makes sense with the slab like setbacks. well integrated balconies if you ask me

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
^ ha! I do..

I was jcchii, that long ago.. pre 9/11
Yes! Wow! I remeber those days thinking Park Tower was amazing getting built!

What a run Chicago has had. Do you or anyone have the redesigned scaled down of this or is the 1st page ok? Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 10:10 PM

a page or two back rgarri posted what purports to be the latest rendering, I believe

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 6:00 PM

Nov 2 Very active site today. I love to see that on a saturday.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdenman36 View Post
What a run Chicago has had. Do you or anyone have the redesigned scaled down of this or is the 1st page ok? Thanks!
I would imagine that the rendering on One Chicago's own web site is the most current design: https://liveonechicago.com/ . It looks fairly similar to the one on the 1st page of this thread, but with a few of the highest floors eliminated. As a result it's no longer a supertall, just a near-supertall.

Now that Vista has topped out, this is the next skyscraper for us Midwesterners to follow!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 2:31 PM

the one story dry cleaner's building fascinates me. what are they going to do with that property that is worth more that selling to the developers of these high rises?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
the one story dry cleaner's building fascinates me. what are they going to do with that property that is worth more that selling to the developers of these high rises?
Keep running their dry-cleaning business.

It is pretty fascinating. Agreed.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 6:58 PM

^I would think the dry cleaner and restaurant are tenants (someone who knows how to look this kind of thing up in public records could weigh in)... did you ever see the Neflix show Ozark? Two cash businesses in the lone holdout property. The land must be worth nothing now. Plus it is Chicago after all. Just sayin.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
Keep running their dry-cleaning business.

It is pretty fascinating. Agreed.
yes well nothing is fascinating about the dry cleaning business. I was just describing the specific piece of real estate.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
^I would think the dry cleaner and restaurant are tenants (someone who knows how to look this kind of thing up in public records could weigh in)... did you ever see the Neflix show Ozark? Two cash businesses in the lone holdout property. The land must be worth nothing now. Plus it is Chicago after all. Just sayin.
My comment was made under the assumption that they owned the building. Some people, as crazy as it sounds, aren't always motivated by money. Who know's, maybe the person's dad built the building and he loves to dry clean for the neighborhood. Just saying. We've seen this in history before. (*please post the picture of the two story house sandwiched between monster high rises)

Last thing...nobody knows what the offer to these folks was. You never know, could have been average.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
My comment was made under the assumption that they owned the building. Some people, as crazy as it sounds, aren't always motivated by money. Who know's, maybe the person's dad built the building and he loves to dry clean for the neighborhood. Just saying. We've seen this in history before. (*please post the picture of the two story house sandwiched between monster high rises)

Last thing...nobody knows what the offer to these folks was. You never know, could have been average.
I know a guy in San Francisco who works alone and has an auto shop on Divisadero Street thats woth millions but he wont sell because he wants to leave the land to his daughter. It happens. He mostly sits and reads lol

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:24 AM

Nov 04

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:18 AM

Email sent out from Alderman Hopkins today:

Subject: One Chicago Square: Large Concrete Pour Planned for November 9

Dear Neighbor,

As the One Square Chicago Project continues, please be aware that this Saturday, November 9, 2019, Power Construction will engage in a large, continuous concrete foundation pour at the site. Workers will begin staging four concrete pumps and other equipment at 4:30 AM, with the first concrete placement expected to begin at 5:45 AM.

The operation consists of 40 concrete trucks lining up throughout the course of the day to pour 3,500 cubic yards of concrete. The concrete pour is expected to take 10 to 12 hours to complete, with an additional hour for cleanup. Sweepers and vacuum trucks will be actively deployed to mitigate dust and dirt on the streets.

Flaggers will be posted on each of the four corners of the site for the duration of the event for pedestrian safety and traffic congestion mitigation. Concrete trucks will approach the site from Superior Avenue, north onto Dearborn, and will traverse the site clockwise to one of the four staging areas designated for each of the four pumps onsite.

Power Construction has secured the approval and proper permits for these plans from the Chicago Department of Transportation, which will also include street and sidewalk closures for the day.

Should you have any questions, please send an email to the 2nd Ward Service Office (Ward02@cityofchicago.org) or call (312) 643-2299.

Sincerely, Alderman Brian Hopkins
2nd Ward

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:21 AM

wow

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction