HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 7:55 PM

Exclamation 41 buildings that are about to be demolished

In a few weeks, the City of Brantford, Ontario is set to demolish 41 buildings regardless of their state of repair or heritage value. I took some shots in Brantford a few years ago, and although the city has fallen on hard times, I was extremely impressed with the size of its downtown area and it's quantity and quality of Victorian and early 20th Century architecture. It's a real shame things have come to this.

The full Brantford tour: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=123197

Let's take one last look.

Everything on the right side of the street will be wiped out. There are no plans to do anything with the empty lots that will result.

Every single building shown in the following photos will be gone in about a month or so. Sadly, it is reported that many of the buildings are structurally sound, and many have apartments in the upper storeys.

The buildings are on a hill, the fronts are 2-4 storeys and the backs are 5-8 storeys.

I guess this was Brantford's attempt to do something with the buildings.

The empty lot in the foreground is now a public square, the buildings in the background are among those to be demolished.

Thanks to SABBATICAL! for bringing this to our attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABBATICAL! View Post

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos