HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 2:12 PM
It's Hammer Time

Looks like Tim Hortons is a big hit lol, you can see another line up for it.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 4:36 PM

Actually the lines moved very fast and once your past security it is only steps to your plane and not mile/KM like at Toronto YYZ.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 3:12 AM
Closed account

Its a busy little place.

Greato too see, A lot of these flights this summer if not all will be sold out.

Some flights aren't even book able because they are full. less than a month now.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 3:30 PM

TradePort International Corporation Introduces New Board

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 – HAMILTON -- Richard Koroscil, President and CEO. of the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (hi), is pleased to announce the appointment of Edward A. Minich, Chartered Director and Instructor, DeGroote School of Business; Glenn McCoy, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Vancouver Airport Authority; and Coleen Rogers, Vice President, Operations of YVR Airport Services to the Board of Directors of TradePort International Corporation. Returning to the Board are Ron Foxcroft, Chairman and Founder of Fox 40 International and Chairman and CEO of Fluke Transportation Group Ltd and George Casey, President and CEO of YVR Airport Services. Mr. Foxcroft is the Chairman of the Board.

“This is a good news story for Hamilton,” said Koroscil. “We are thrilled to have such a dynamic group representing the airport. Ron Foxcroft and Edward Minich are known for their community mindedness and are well-respected business leaders in the Greater Golden Horseshoe. With many years of aviation experience, Glenn McCoy, Coleen Rogers and George Casey bring a wealth of industry-related knowledge to the Board. Not only do we have the continued support of YVRAS, but also the commitment of further investment in Hamilton International Airport. We welcome each of our new and returning board members and look forward to the great things ahead.”

Vancouver Airport Services (YVRAS) is the sole owner of Tradeport International Corporation, which holds a 40 year lease with the City of Hamilton to develop, manage and operate the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport. YVRAS is North America’s leading global airport investment, management and development company with 18 airports in 7 countries that process almost 27 million passengers annually. Since 1995, YVRAS has successfully managed 19 seamless airport transitions from public to private management. Every airport is unique and global experience is used to bring world-class operating standards and commercial success to airports in vastly different competitive and cultural environments.

“We have a strong vision for our network and that vision involves Hamilton,” said George Casey. “YVRAS has invested more money in Hamilton than in any other city where we operate. We are committed to growing Hamilton International Airport and we have a proven 10-year track record here. YVRAS is truly looking forward to building upon our current successes with hi.”

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 10:58 AM

The airport will start using Hamilton Limo to provide 2 buses (size unknown) to provide to and from downtown to the airport service. This is the service that the HSR is not providing. It should start around May 1. Last minute details are being worked out but apparenly the buses have been ordered.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:10 AM
Closed account

Good news on the Bus service. I wish they would just get Regular HRS though as it would make it easier to work out there.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:36 PM
It's Hammer Time

So are these buses going to run like HSR buses or just shuttle to certain areas like Airport to GO Station?

I noticed Ryanair is now doing transatlantic fights to the US. So perhaps one day Ryanair will serve Canada and you know YHM will be looked at seriously.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 9:54 PM
It's Hammer Time

I noticed in one thread it mentioned that Air Canada is having a big sale this summer from Toronto to Ottawa and Montreal, $11 one way. It also mentioned Hamilton is part of this deal. But I tried looking online and I can't find any deal.

I know WestJet is doing the same but I think it's only for Toronto Airport, to Montreal and Ottawa.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 9:59 PM

no thats impossible 11?$?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 10:25 PM
It's Hammer Time

It's true I just dont' know if it includes Hamilton Airport with Air Canada as well.

Fares plunge at Air Canada, WestJet

It's a good time to book airfare in Canada, with rival airlines Air Canada and WestJet offering competing promotions in a bid to win over consumers.

Air Canada on Tuesday dropped its prices on select routes to $11 one-way to match bargain prices offered by rival airline WestJet, said Peter Fitzpatrick, a spokesman for Montreal-based Air Canada.

On Tuesday only, an $11 ticket could be bought for flights between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal

"It was WestJet who put out an announcement two days ago announcing they were going to do it and typically what we do is we do match," Fitzpatrick said. "We always say we will remain competitive in all the markets we fly."

WestJet has also dropped its prices to $29-$49 on select routes, which Air Canada is also matching, Fitzpatrick said

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...a-westjet.html

Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 10:34 PM

OMG im gona fly to to just for fun this summer. are there specific dates

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 5:16 PM

I wish there was cheap fares to out west as well, planning to go over to Alberta/B.C. soon.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 10:45 PM

where did you get that info man, i cant find any 11$ flights

Old Posted Apr 19, 2007, 11:58 PM
It's Hammer Time

Go to Air Canada's or WestJet's website and pretend to book a flight online. You'll find the $11 deal well booking a flight. It's real.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 1:18 AM
Closed account

Just a heads up that once you factor in all the Taxes its not that cheap.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 2:17 AM

Still pretty cheap, but unfortunately this deal isn't offered in Hamilton, just Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 12:06 PM

the cheapest flights are 29 or 59$ not 11$

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 12:20 PM
From the Shwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME View Post
the cheapest flights are 29 or 59$ not 11$
Take off, airmiles, snack service and a couple other options and it ends up being 11$ .. try and book it.. you will see.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 12:23 PM

I think the sale is over, because the other day I could book flights for $11, but now the cheapest seems to be $29

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 4:06 PM

More flights from Hamilton, from today's Spec 20Apr07

Quote:
Richard Koroscil, president and CEO of John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, revealed the airport has some high-flying innovations.
Look for a new shuttle service to the airport from hotels and the GO station to coincide with flyglobespan’s
Hamilton-Britain flights, starting May 1, said Koroscil.
And pack for more Florida destinations from the airport next winter — including Tampa, St. Petersburg and Fort Lauderdale. Las Vegas, too!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure