HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Dec 27, 2021, 11:08 PM

[Surrey] Emerald City by Allure Venutres | Proposed

Emerald City
SURREY, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

At over one million square feet, the three tower Emerald City project will be the largest single residential development in Surrey. The project will be in a park-like setting backing to Gateway Skytrain Station. Emerald City will feature high rise residential towers perched atop glass podiums. Each of the towers is expected to be between thirty and thirty-seven stories tall.

Emerald City towers will be interconnected and share substantive amenities enhancing the live work balance in Surrey Centre’s thriving educational and medical hub. Amenities planned include swimming pool, entertainment areas, shared gardens, interconnected working areas, yoga and workout facilities and 24-hour concierge amongst other comforts. Emerald City sits directly within a transportation corridor that facilitates easy public transit travel to all points of the Lower Mainland. Residential units will feature the highest quality construction with unique finishing details, designer fixtures, and modern conveniences.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 12:36 AM

The Allure Ventures website is here. They list the address as 10955 City Parkway (so north of Gateway Station, just off King George) and the presentation centre as 13629 108 Avenue.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 1:16 AM

Nice to see that massive empty field will finally be used for something.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 1:18 AM

yea, been empty for so long. I think the presentation centre is the same one where The Grand presentation centre was which was another of Allure's projects.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 7:32 AM

I am getting exhausted by all the recent Surrey projects. It's amazing how much development is afoot over there! It will be completely transformational what will take place in the next five years. It's the same as what has happened in Brentwood and is happening in Lougheed right now. Those areas are unrecognisable from some five years ago.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 10:57 PM

It's too bad the southern parcels on that block were developed with low-rise projects.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ki...4d-122.8460331

Last edited by officedweller; Dec 30, 2021 at 3:13 AM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 11:21 PM

Great update about this project and thank you for sharing. Those podiums look great and indicates all 3 towers will be built at once.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 8:58 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. This would be I think the 5th proposal for that property in 20 years. Several including the last one were fully approved to DVP and then just never were done.

When there is a hole in the ground and construction I'll get excited that maybe things will get going around Gateway.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. This would be I think the 5th proposal for that property in 20 years. Several including the last one were fully approved to DVP and then just never were done.

When there is a hole in the ground and construction I'll get excited that maybe things will get going around Gateway.
I suspect there's now a greater likelihood of this development, if only because a lot of the land around Surrey Central and King George stations is now spoken for. Increasingly the area around Gateway Station might be the only game in town for developers in the market for relatively reasonably priced land. This will almost certainly be the next phase of "downtown Surrey".

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
I suspect there's now a greater likelihood of this development, if only because a lot of the land around Surrey Central and King George stations is now spoken for. Increasingly the area around Gateway Station might be the only game in town for developers in the market for relatively reasonably priced land. This will almost certainly be the next phase of "downtown Surrey".
Agree. Lots of new developments are coming up in that area along with the expansion of Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2022, 11:47 PM

Wow, something is finally happening with this empty lot. Not too sure on the look of the design but it's better than it sitting idle.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2022, 7:42 PM

I love, love, LOVE this design. It's so much different from the bog-standard concrete box.

Gimme some more buildings with character and flair!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2022, 7:44 PM

I don't mind the design and it looks good, but it has some early 2000's Yaletown / Coal Harbor vibe to it.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 12:25 AM

This feels like such a large development so far down the hill on King George. When I did a quick check of the City Centre Plan, sure enough, the whole area on this side of King George is slated for high rises. This will stick out initially but eventually should feel more natural as all of the other underdeveloped lots fill in. It is still quite a quick and dramatic drop off to single family on the other side of King George. I bet it is only a matter of time before the plan gets updated to allow townhomes or apartments instead.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 5:03 PM

These towers will have amazing views that will be permanent. Very few towers will be built between them and the mountains. Maybe a couple of buildings but that's it.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 10:43 PM

There's a multi-high-rise project for the purple parcel on KGB and Bolivar Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
There's a multi-high-rise project for the purple parcel on KGB and Bolivar Road.
Submitted in 2017, revised in 2020. It's all residential, except for a childcare and a small cafe. There's a 37-storey tower, a 31-storey tower, a 26-storey tower, and two six-storey buildings. Just over 1,000 units, but the design (if it doesn't change again) looks like it could be phased.

(There are also two towers, 30 and 28 storey on the adjacent site to the south (13433 Gateway Drive) that were first proposed in 2018. But they won't block any views)

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 3:23 AM

13450 City Parkway (north of the Nester's) will probably have a couple of condo towers,
as rendered in the background when the Nester's building was built.

https://urbansurrey.com/tag/gateway-place/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley