HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park George II in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 9:59 PM

[Surrey] Park George | 35 + 39 fl | U/C

Project: Park George
Developer: Concord Pacific
Height: 35 + 39 fl | 75, 115m
Use: Condo
Address: 13778 - 100 Avenue
Anticipated Start: 2019
Anticipated Finish: 2022

Park George, the final phase of Concord Pacific’s Park Place community in Surrey.

https://www.parkgeorge.com/

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 10:05 PM

Pre-construction meeting was held for this project on Jul 19. Usually these aren't held til right before construction is set to begin. For instance - Park Boulevard's was just held in May.

Could they be planning to start construction ahead of sales? Does that happen?

Targeted completion / occupancy is March 2022 - so would anticipate Fall 2018 sales / Spring 2019 construction start.

https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=17&seq=0363

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 11:05 PM

Thanks for sharing Shift. Not too surprising this got passed, as Concord has a good reputation in the area. However, I do find those towers very tight against one another, and very blocky like the other Park towers. There was no effort to make this project architecturally unique like the previous vision proposal. These towers also proliferate the table top skyline around King George station, and we have a pretty mediocre project at our hands. In 20 years the the Concord towers around the station may appear to be something akin to typical infill like we see in Sao Paulo. Notice also that the marketing will only feature the tower with some curves on its southwest facade (pretty obvious Concord admits the rest of the towers are uninteresting).

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 11:13 PM

I don't find them too close together. That's how it should be built. I find the other buildings way to spaced out from one another.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Thanks for sharing Shift. Not too surprising this got passed, as Concord has a good reputation in the area. However, I do find those towers very tight against one another, and very blocky like the other Park towers. There was no effort to make this project architecturally unique like the previous vision proposal. These towers also proliferate the table top skyline around King George station, and we have a pretty mediocre project at our hands. In 20 years the the Concord towers around the station may appear to be something akin to typical infill like we see in Sao Paulo. Notice also that the marketing will only feature the tower with some curves on its southwest facade (pretty obvious Concord admits the rest of the towers are uninteresting).
You're missing the fine details of these towers - they did put effort into making them architecturally unique:
  • The towers feature balconies that vary in size, shape, and materials, to create visual interest.
  • Vertical blue strips run down the towers fading from dark to light blue – referencing a waterfall.
  • Blue paving patterns containing in-ground lights and glass bricks within the pedestrian walkways leading from Quibble Creek Park to a waterfall feature in the centre of a plaza.
  • Outdoor amenities on the podium’s roof include a sunbathing deck, outdoor yoga area, children’s play area and putting green.
  • Integration with Quibble Creek Park / new pathways.

The public realm at ground level will be quite high quality.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 2:15 AM

I know it's a relatively safe design for Metro Vancouver, but I absolutely would welcome it in Surrey.

Again, it's basic and it's continuing to change that we want to see with Surrey. However I am not wowed by these initial renders; I would like to see more before making any final judgements.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 4:01 AM

I don't think the location warrants any stand-out towers. They are decent enough for a pair of infill condo towers, with some unique detailing above your average tower I would say.

If anything this site may have been more suited to something lower in height to step down the skyline from King George. My only complaint would be the continuation of the table top.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 2:52 PM

Kinda surprising that this is "it" for Concord. Do they own any other lots or spaces in Surrey right now?

As for the towers, also surprised how quickly it's getting a move on. Would have preferred a couple more of the corners to be cut out like the SW one, but at least that makes things different!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 4:26 AM

I feel that the new design of two big tall towers is to maximize the profit for Concord when comparing to the original design.

I like the new indoor pool and the 24 hrs concierge. With my experience in PA west, I hope Concord allocate space for 3 elevators per tower. Two elevator like Avani is not enough for big building with 300 to 400 units per tower.

Last edited by e-clam9; Jul 29, 2018 at 5:00 AM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 4:36 PM

3 elevators isn't enough a lot of the time, especially when one goes down or they aren't programmed correctly.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 8:08 PM

3 elevators should be mandatory for any tower taller then 20 floors and at least 4 elevators for anything above 40 floors. A good rule of thumb should be 1 elevator per every 10 floors after reaching above 20 floors?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 1:35 AM

Deleted message

Last edited by AlexYeh; Mar 20, 2021 at 1:07 AM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 3:06 PM

Thanks for the shots. Hard to tell who they are marketing too early on with those images. /s
Kinda surprised to see a 3BR there though. And looks like they'll be going public with more info this week.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYeh View Post
If anyone is interested I have some sample floor plans I got from the sales lady, I couldn’t find these anyone else online so I’m guessing they aren’t released for the public to see just yet. https://www.flickr.com/photos/162369...57700837588365
Looking at the floorplans, in which country is this being built in?

Quote:
She also told me that the building will have many features other presales nearby won’t have, Like wifi available in all commen areas such as Elevator, Lobby, Pool etc... security readers will also be NFC compatible meaning smartphones will be able to be used as key fobs to enter the building.
Everything mentioned seems super pointless. Like, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Two elevator like Avani is not enough for big building with 300 to 400 units per tower.
Which tower is that? Two elevators is ridiculously low for anything higher than 15 floors...

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 10:56 PM

Deleted message

Last edited by AlexYeh; Mar 20, 2021 at 1:07 AM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2018, 6:12 AM

Quote:
If anyone is interested I have some sample floor plans I got from the sales lady, I couldn’t find these anyone else online so I’m guessing they aren’t released for the public to see just yet. https://www.flickr.com/photos/162369...57700837588365

She also told me that the building will have many features other presales nearby won’t have, Like wifi available in all common areas such as Elevator, Lobby, Pool etc... security readers will also be NFC compatible meaning smartphones will be able to be used as key fobs to enter the building.
Thanks for info. Are there Only 5 floor plans for these 2 buildings ?

How come the description is in Chinese ? Are they selling it in China now ? Or do they target mainly rich Chinese investors ? I hope they have some units left for public.

I do like the indoor pool, the workplace area, and the water feature.

House and Condo sales are slowing down in Vancouver and Richmond area. An agent said some prices dropped 20%. Surrey seems ok so far. We will see.

Last edited by e-clam9; Sep 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2018, 6:17 AM

Deleted message

Last edited by AlexYeh; Mar 20, 2021 at 1:09 AM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2018, 7:13 PM

Looks like the label of tower 1 and 2 is swapped. See photo. They are selling tower 1 first in the new photo, the one further from the road. Hope I am not wrong :-)

I guess it will be like PA East and West, they are one year apart.

old
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kj...DVXmKMsRzl2CG4

new
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xD...9MhpG06gitaVQq

The new doc and floor plan do not mention number of elevators or root top garden. I really enjoy a roof top garden. All my friends say "wow" when I brought them up there at PA West.

Last edited by e-clam9; Sep 2, 2018 at 7:47 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 6:02 PM

Not bad layout but its on paper, would like to see finishing first. As per the language, if you still don't understand the fact that nearly all condo developers today exclusively pre-sale to Chinese investors both local and abroad, you've never gone to an opening pre-sales day at a presentation center and looked around.

Regardless, it is more development in Surrey Central which to me is a great thing. Hopefully they don't phase this, I'm super tired of phases and dragging developments that sell out in a matter of days, out forever.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 2:35 AM

Email out from them today. Appointments starting anytime now.
Everything AlexYeh said holds true: NFC / smartphone enabled access (similar to how a fob works), wifi throughout common areas, chilled storage room (for concierge to accept food deliveries), large lounge space, 24/7 concierge. etc.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley