HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Holland Parkside I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 8:02 PM

[Surrey] Holland Park | 49m, 65m, 117m, 135m | 11, 19, 36, 42fls | U/C

Not sure if anyone else has more information on this proposed development. The working title I've seen is Holland Pointe and it is to be located at NW Corner King George Highway and 98A Avenue. Application number 7908-0093-00.

As of March 25th it is in the Poject Review stage and the only description I have states 3 x high-rise residential apartment towers containing approximately 1,100 units.

I'm currently creating a 3D representation of Surrey City Center with the currently built towers, under construction towers, and proposed towers and in my searches around the net found a model for this apparent project.

THESE ARE NOT FINAL and may not represent the proposed project but this is the look they have apparently:

The green in the front is Holland Park (Surrey) and the road behind is King George Highway. For frame of reference Infinity would be just to the left across the street.

View towards Central City. Infinity Tower 1 on the right side with KGH Skytrain station in view.

View towards Infinity and Sky Tower projects. Holland Pointe proposal in front, Infinity phases behind (including the last proposed Towers 4 and 5 which are probably going to change slightly), and further behind Sky Towers.

So yes if anyone happens to have some more information I'd love to hear about it. Proposed height of the towers (the main one looks to be about 125m tall), floors, etc? Are the designs I have above what has been submitted to the city for review?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 8:12 PM

Thanks for posting!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 8:20 PM

awesome! thanks.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 8:55 PM

Wowsa! This is hella cool! Where do you get all your info from jhausner?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 9:00 PM

The vast Interweb. Surrey actually posts a lot of information on their web site if you dig far enough. Also most public information regarding any of the cities in the region are posted on ihost web sites so http://surrey.ihostez.com. New developments you'll typically find under the Planning Reports. Unfortunately they don't post anything there typically until it has gone to council so things that are on the desk of a planner in CP&D are difficult to find.

Comes down to luck with some things. I've known about the proposal for a while now but don't like posting anything until it's somewhat public and when it showed up on the updated April 15th City Center construction list, I figured it was more than just a rumour.

Like I said in my first post, I'm also in the process of building basically a 3D Surrey representation with the high-rises that are done, under construction, and proposed. It's actually neat right now when I pop the current build up and 'fly' around to see different views how the downtown Surrey core will look in about 5-10 years if that.

If everything I know of is done in 5 or so years (conceivable), Surrey will look much like Burnaby's skyline is today. Add to that the 10-15 additional high-rises that Surrey has said are on their planners' desks but haven't been mentioned in the public, and the future looks good.

I'll post my 3D model in a different thread at some point when I'm happy with the version. It's still a bit rough and inaccurate in spots. I'd love to get some other people doing similar for the other cities in the region. Burnaby, New West, Richmond, Coquitlam, etc.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 10:53 PM

What program are you using to build the 3D model? SketchUp and Google Earth?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 11:05 PM

Pretty much. Sketchup Pro and Google Earth Pro to display. It's a pain to create things complex in GE so I stick to Sketchup since it is quick and interfaces right into GE to drop the models down correctly.

You can use the free version of Sketchup and GE to build the stuff too. No real difference for making basic building models that I've seen. The pro versions really only give you the option of using the work in presentations or proposal format for business use.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 3:03 AM

WOW

I can't wait to see your 3D model of the central city area. I remember awhile ago someone did a similar SketchUp model of the same area but this was before the Gateway Office park and these Holland Pointe towers. GJ

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 3:24 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Nice work.

I like the look of these three towers.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 6:32 AM

Wow, this is incredible. Great work here, keep it up!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 6:37 AM

nice

that lot/area has been crying for something for years now

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 6:45 AM

sweet.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 7:56 AM

So I guess the towers are in the red square.
Also it would be nice if Surrey could buy up the lots in the green square and extend holland park because that park is going to become more and more important as the population grows in the area. Infact I think it would be better if they atleast sold of the area north of this proposal(under the guideway) and let that piece be developed to buffer the park from King george highway and in return buy up the properties south of it to keep the park the same size or biger. The park pictured is the conceptual plan.

Here is a link to the central city plan if anyone is interested, it has maps of all the zoning, future roads, transit etc.
http://www.surrey.ca/Doing+Business/...it+Village.htm

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 2:25 PM

Quote:
That is awesome! And to think the majority of these buildings are already sold out (and I'm sure holland pointe will pre-sell in days).

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 3:27 PM

In response to cornholio, yes the red square you put is the property this is supposed to sit on. For the park, Holland Park isn't really a propsal anymore as it is near complete. I don't think they'll be selling off the part under the skytrain causway but I do agree on the green are in your map needing redevelopment.

It falls within the city center plan area.

We shall see what happens I guess. :-)

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 3:47 PM
Dérive-r

Looks like a nice addition to 'downtown' Surrey. Thanks for the renderings. Can't wait to see your whole Central City render. Seems Surrey is about to explode with construction. If it can almost catch up to Metrotown in ~5 years, it should be pretty impressive in 20.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 11:50 PM

Very nice, indeed, all of these future hihrises if all approved will dramitically enhance the skyline of Surrey.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the google earth satilate shots have actually gone back in time? maybe just me...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrdarcy View Post

BTW, has anyone noticed that the Google Earth satellite shots have actually gone back in time? maybe just me...
It's not just you at all. I noticed the same thing and are they ever out of date!

My composition, made April 29th, 2008, with a file from the UBC Archives (S436) and Google Earth.

By the way, welcome to the forum starrdarcy.

Last edited by SFUVancouver; Apr 30, 2008 at 2:26 AM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 3:59 AM

is this next to the existing apartment building with sprott shaw in the botom, or is this a redevelopment of that site. although the density is needed that building should be torn down it is so bad

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 4:21 AM

its next to it - just to the north

currently an empty lot with trees and garbage, shopping carts etc strewn about

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley