HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #261  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:59 AM
wh0-care5's Avatar
wh0-care5 wh0-care5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 42
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #262  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 5:46 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 7,912
I think charging for short-term parking is going to deter many people from visiting this mall and will have nearby residential streets packed with cars. It may sound silly for a few dollars but that's how your average driver thinks when going shopping.

I can understand charging for long-term parking to deter park+ride but first two hours should be free.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #263  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 3:25 PM
Tangeray Tangeray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 162
The undeveloped surface lot spaces are still free
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #264  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:29 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 13,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I think charging for short-term parking is going to deter many people from visiting this mall and will have nearby residential streets packed with cars. It may sound silly for a few dollars but that's how your average driver thinks when going shopping.

I can understand charging for long-term parking to deter park+ride but first two hours should be free.
Wow, that's insane. They built a massive parking lot from what I could tell last time I was there. This will be a huge deterrent.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #265  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:20 PM
whatnext whatnext is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I think charging for short-term parking is going to deter many people from visiting this mall and will have nearby residential streets packed with cars. It may sound silly for a few dollars but that's how your average driver thinks when going shopping.

I can understand charging for long-term parking to deter park+ride but first two hours should be free.
I agree. Given free alternatives at Metrotown it would be a deterrent. Businesses at Granville Island claimed pay parking cost them around 15% of their business. With Covid parking there has gone back to being free, I wonder if it will be reinstated when its all over.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #266  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:38 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 7,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Businesses at Granville Island claimed pay parking cost them around 15% of their business. With Covid parking there has gone back to being free, I wonder if it will be reinstated when its all over.
This is interesting news and happy that there was a follow-up on this. I like Granville Island but being from the suburbs, I only visit after 6pm when parking has remained free. I wonder whose idea it was to start charging for parking in the first place?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #267  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 8:09 PM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
This is interesting news and happy that there was a follow-up on this. I like Granville Island but being from the suburbs, I only visit after 6pm when parking has remained free. I wonder whose idea it was to start charging for parking in the first place?
The owners of Granville Island (CMHC) introduced pay parking on all spots in 2019. When there was a mixture of pay and free parking, too many cars were driving around the island trying to find a free space. The long term plan is to reduce the amount of vehicles on the Island, but that will require better alternative access (transit, and perhaps an elevator to Granville Bridge).

The current free parking is because most stores are still closed, but once they reopen parking fees are expected to be charged again.
__________________
Contemporary Vancouver development blog, https://changingcitybook.wordpress.com/ Then and now Vancouver blog https://changingvancouver.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #268  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:53 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 7,912
I know we are off-topic but I have never found parking appalling-looking on Granville Island as it is so well-integrated inside the area and not a huge bare parking lot. Bigger issue for traffic there are the cement trucks but they are also part of the bizarre appeal of the place.

If they want to get rid of cars and parking on the island, they will kill all businesses there. It's only supported by tourists during the 3 summer months and rest of the year it is driving customers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #269  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:55 PM
Bjoo Bjoo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2
Walkthough - ventilation fan

Hi

I have walked though my unit mid May
and noticed back then the bathroom fan was so loud
The walkthough coordinator informed me that it should work as a lung for the unit so it should be left turned on 24/7 and there is no way to turn it off

i am concerned if I can put up with it when we actually move in.

Did anyone have the same issue or felt the same during your walkthough?
He told me that it was because of vent structure for each unit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #270  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 11:05 PM
burnaby91 burnaby91 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoo View Post
Hi

I have walked though my unit mid May
and noticed back then the bathroom fan was so loud
The walkthough coordinator informed me that it should work as a lung for the unit so it should be left turned on 24/7 and there is no way to turn it off

i am concerned if I can put up with it when we actually move in.

Did anyone have the same issue or felt the same during your walkthough?
He told me that it was because of vent structure for each unit.
I had the same vent and I don't remember any noise.

I just checked my video I took and no audible sound from any bathroom vents

Last edited by burnaby91; Jun 17, 2020 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #271  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 4:48 AM
EddieVH EddieVH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoo View Post
Hi

I have walked though my unit mid May
and noticed back then the bathroom fan was so loud
The walkthough coordinator informed me that it should work as a lung for the unit so it should be left turned on 24/7 and there is no way to turn it off

i am concerned if I can put up with it when we actually move in.

Did anyone have the same issue or felt the same during your walkthough?
He told me that it was because of vent structure for each unit.
Mine has a unit that allows you to turn on and off. Has an auto setting where you can set the humidity. We turn ours on every time someone takes a shower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #272  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 12:34 AM
dgipson dgipson is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16
Got a call from Shape re-dining room table. We weren't supposed to have a table; they called to confirm. While I was on the phone with them, I inquired regarding the completion letters. They were estimating sending the letters out in early-mid July. Cutting it close with the end of July deadline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #273  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 8:29 PM
bankai01 bankai01 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
I hope shape is not doing what they did to tower 1 to us in tower 2...trying to rent out all the rental units before giving our closing date...but...most likely is...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #274  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 10:32 PM
Tangeray Tangeray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankai01 View Post
I hope shape is not doing what they did to tower 1 to us in tower 2...trying to rent out all the rental units before giving our closing date...but...most likely is...
T2 is full owner occupied
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #275  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 8:05 AM
bankai01 bankai01 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
T2 is full owner occupied
yeah I know, there's still rental space in T1.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #276  
Old Posted Yesterday, 2:38 AM
Zamir Zamir is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
Got my closing date. July 21 closing and july 22nd key possession. It states i can schedule a move-in date and elevator rental once the title of the unit is transferred over.

Tower 2, 35th floor.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #277  
Old Posted Yesterday, 3:46 AM
wh0-care5's Avatar
wh0-care5 wh0-care5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
Got my closing date. July 21 closing and july 22nd key possession. It states i can schedule a move-in date and elevator rental once the title of the unit is transferred over.

Tower 2, 35th floor.
How exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Did they contact you or your lawyer/notary?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #278  
Old Posted Yesterday, 8:50 AM
tab2girl tab2girl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
Got my closing date. July 21 closing and july 22nd key possession. It states i can schedule a move-in date and elevator rental once the title of the unit is transferred over.

Tower 2, 35th floor.
Awesome! I wonder what order they are going by!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #279  
Old Posted Yesterday, 9:59 AM
Zamir Zamir is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0-care5 View Post
How exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Did they contact you or your lawyer/notary?
I got the email from TAB!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:55 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.