HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_planner View Post
Here is a radical idea totally close those interchanges people can get on and off at York or Longwood/Aberdeen/Main West.
That would cause major havoc and isn't necessary... keep the interchanges and one ways on the bridges and start the 2 way traffic at dundurn .... it's not rocket science

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 10:18 AM
Great White Norf

Looking at Google maps, my wish for Hamilton would be both King and Main return to 2 way streets between, say Locke on the West and Wentworth on the East

but you native/permanent Hamiltonians would know better than me!

Last edited by Wigs; Sep 21, 2021 at 12:42 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 12:48 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonBoyInToronto View Post
That would cause major havoc and isn't necessary... keep the interchanges and one ways on the bridges and start the 2 way traffic at dundurn .... it's not rocket science
And those ramps were built (the originals anyway, but I don't think much has changed over the years) when the 403 carried far less traffic and there were fewer vehicles exiting onto Main. So they probably handle a much higher volume than they were designed to decades ago. With all the new residential coming online downtown, they'll probably get busier.

The Ancaster-bound-403 to Main W ramp is long, and may be long enough to accommodate traffic waiting for a stoplight. But the Burlington-bound off-ramp to Main is much shorter. They could always be widened near the merge with Main, but it's tight.

Simplest idea *is* to maintain one-way west of Dundurn, and reconfigure the Main St. intersection. And that would keep a fairly short stretch of one-way traffic between Westdale and Dundurn -- about 950m each for both King and Main, more than half of which doesn't front any businesses or homes.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:19 PM
It's a nickname from work

Makes sense to keep those bridges one-way, since they're two of the just three entrances into Westdale and, by extention, Dundas. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by converting the street at Dundurn, those 2 intersections are the most dangerous in the city.

Once the LRT's built, converting the rest of Main all the way to the Delta back to two-way will be almost necessary.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:32 PM

I could see 2 lanes each way on Main from Delta to Wellington/Victoria, 3 lanes eastbound and 1 lane westbound from Wellington/Victoria to Dundurn. The parts of Main St. that are 5 lanes right now should get cut back to 4 total.

When the MTO ends up widening the 403 in the next 10-15 years, the interchange will need to be reconstructed anyway. When that happens you can fully reconstruct it to shift traffic more. I would like to see a full interchange at Main St. with a half interchange (servicing movements to Burlington only) at King St ideally.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1231 View Post
King will be two way one lane in each direction once they build the LRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
Looking at Google maps, my wish for Hamilton would be both King and Main return to 2 way streets between, say Locke on the West and Wentworth on the East

but you native/permanent Hamiltonians would know better than me!
I went through the LRT station/street plans a few weeks ago, and King is not two-way the whole way after it gets built. In fact, there is even a stretch that has King going only eastbound instead of westbound like it does now.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
I went through the LRT station/street plans a few weeks ago, and King is not two-way the whole way after it gets built. In fact, there is even a stretch that has King going only eastbound instead of westbound like it does now.
I believe that is just through international village due to the width of the street. I am a little surprised though why they've decided to make the south side of King through international village eastbound. I don't understand why they wouldn't just keep it westbound, since there's already a huge eastbound street nearby.....Main.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 1:07 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
I believe that is just through international village due to the width of the street. I am a little surprised though why they've decided to make the south side of King through international village eastbound. I don't understand why they wouldn't just keep it westbound, since there's already a huge eastbound street nearby.....Main.
Probably to avoid having an awkward intersection at Wellington. To its east King has an eastbound lane on the south side of the tracks, and westbound on the north.

The westbound lane starts again at Catharine.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 9:50 PM

Wondering if anyone has been around thia site to see if there ia any activity behind the hording, or if equipment has arrived?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Wondering if anyone has been around thia site to see if there ia any activity behind the hording, or if equipment has arrived?
I walk past there pretty frequently. Nothing has been done since they put up the hording.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I walk past there pretty frequently. Nothing has been done since they put up the hording.
Thanks THM!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2022, 12:51 AM

Saw this angle posted on social media, I don't think it's been posted here before. Anyone know what's up with this? I'm see ads like it like crazy, but haven't heard anything about sales actually starting.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Feb 19, 2022, 9:35 PM
It's Hammer Time

Lately, I've seen this, Television City and Radio Arts advertised a lot on social media.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Lately, I've seen this, Television City and Radio Arts advertised a lot on social media.

Same on mine, TVC ridiculous amount on Insta

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 7:40 PM

Social Media ads saying "VIP Sales Launching Spring 2022"

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 1:37 AM

I received an email stating the released floor plans today. They sote has them up. Not sure if this is news but I thought I'd share it.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 2:44 PM

Just received a voicemail that V.I.P. sales are launching the weekend of May 28th-29th I'm at work so I wasn't able to listen to the whole message but I figured I'd atleast share those dates.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 2:45 PM

hmm. For some reason I thought this one had already launched.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 3:04 PM

The BoC's interest rate hike is going to create a short term spike in demand as people try to get mortgages secured before the serious hike coming in the next year or so. Expect lots of this to come in the coming months.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 3:58 PM

Quote:
The BoC's interest rate hike is going to create a short term spike in demand as people try to get mortgages secured before the serious hike coming in the next year or so. Expect lots of this to come in the coming months.
This will have no impact on condo sales as mortgages aren't secured until closing, which for pre-construction is years away.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton