Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
There are permitting documents hanging in the Hats/Belfry and the pop-up retail shop window. I never bothered to look, always just figured it’d be one of those 6-7 story overbuilds that have been happening all up and down Walnut/Chestnut over the last 5 years....
Yes and the parcel map that Justin just shared does seem to show that this project does include those two buildings. Even with these two buildings though, I'm not sure how much this could impact the size of the tower. I mean these two buildings are at most fronting 40 feet of Chestnut street, and building out something that thin that goes up 500+ feet doesn't seem possible. Though I do suppose they could extend the tower further East to make it less square and more of a rectangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
That's the same image. The heavy black line is not the proposed building footprint. The property footprint is in fact larger than the proposed building footprint. The tower footprint is even smaller. There is room to add square footage without getting taller. Though this doesn't address my question of ownership.
The tower definitely does not take up the entire footprint of the property. But I'm not sure we can say with certainty how much room there is to add square footage without getting taller. They're dealing with historically protected buildings that need to have their facades preserved, so it's not like they can just build out to the edge of the property. But how far back do the set backs have to be? What are the logistics of building out over the loading zone that is currently not beneath the tower? There's room, but 100,000 extra square feet of room without needing to build any taller? It doesn't seem likely to me, but I guess we'll see. Either way, I'm excited to see this project move forward.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 8:29 PM

New Permits Increase The Height Of The Tower Proposed At 115 South 19th Street

Quote:
At the end of 2020, a 567-foot, 49-story skyscraper was revealed at 113-121 South 19th Street in Rittenhouse Square, Center City. Designed by DAS Architecture and Planning and developed by Pearl Properties, the tower will incorporate several prewar buildings into its base. However, a recently filed permit indicates that the tower will now rise 57 stories, so its height may now stand over 600 feet, possibly nearing 700 feet. The permits also increase the number of residential units from the originally planned count of 183 up to 215. In addition, the original proposal included 55 off-site parking spaces, while the new permit states that there will be 65 parking spaces, though it mentions no details on bicycle parking. A roof deck is still indicated at the top.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/06/perm...nter-city.html

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
New Permits Increase The Height Of The Tower Proposed At 115 South 19th Street

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/06/perm...nter-city.html
Just the same speculation that can be found in the pages of this thread, nothing concrete.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2021, 3:27 PM

Permits are up in the windows of the buildings being overbuilt, and tenants have all moved out.

1824 and 1822 Chestnut are included, by the way. The permits also reflect this building having at least 57 floors (and not 49 like the original permit).

If I had to guess, the Highrise portion of this project will be built over the 19th street properties, with the Chestnut Street portion just being another lobby/retail component (not unlike the Harper’s entrance on 19th).

Old Posted Jul 11, 2021, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Permits are up in the windows of the buildings being overbuilt, and tenants have all moved out.

1824 and 1822 Chestnut are included, by the way. The permits also reflect this building having at least 57 floors (and not 49 like the original permit).

If I had to guess, the Highrise portion of this project will be built over the 19th street properties, with the Chestnut Street portion just being another lobby/retail component (not unlike the Harper’s entrance on 19th).
^^That's the case. And 57 floors would put this about 660 feet tall then.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2021, 7:08 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
^^That's the case. And 57 floors would put this about 660 feet tall then.
Wow, looks like Philly is about to have a boom with super kind of tall luxury skyscrapers.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:

Doesn't the permit say exactly how many floors?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
Doesn't the permit say exactly how many floors?
It just says that there are roof decks on the 5th and 57th floors. There could be more floors, both mechanical and habitable, above 57.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 2:33 AM

Quote:
It just says that there are roof decks on the 5th and 57th floors. There could be more floors, both mechanical and habitable, above 57.
Is square footage listed? If it's still at 353,226sqft, then I think it's almost certainly taller than 57 floors.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 3:49 PM

Quote:

The rear of those two buildings go through to Sansom St. and one was going to be used as a loading dock. But the number of loading docks has doubled so I'm guessing both will be used in that way. I hope they build something on top of the loading docks just to help the streetscape along Sansom St. just 2 or 3 floors. Maybe that's where the pool and other community rooms could go.

In any case, I'm excited that Pearl is jumping up in status by building something like this. Ten or so years ago they were building 12 story apartment overbuilds along Walnut St. This is a big jump for them.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 6:38 PM

Small update, the building's page on Atlas has their amended application marked as incomplete:

https://li.phila.gov/Property-Histor...ZP-2021-002518

I wonder if this means we will see it return to CDR in the coming months, and if this does indeed confirm a massive 600 ft + tower.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 1:25 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Small update, the building's page on Atlas has their amended application marked as incomplete:

https://li.phila.gov/Property-Histor...ZP-2021-002518

I wonder if this means we will see it return to CDR in the coming months, and if this does indeed confirm a massive 600 ft + tower.
Sorry, but quite the opposite. I tend to rely on eclipse for more details that aren't always visible in atlas: https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=326139931

Zoning Permit ZP-2021-002518 (Amendment Application Incomplete)
AMENDMENT DESCRIPTION
Reduce height of approved building from 57 stories to 52 stories

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 1:56 AM

Remember, this started at 49 floors and 567 feet - I believe from the initial CDR. Then there was speculation that it would include more floors. I think what may have happened is we are still looking at a taller building, but this recent “decrease” is really just less of an increase relative to that initial information. Hopefully this gets cleared up with a follow-up CDR. We should be looking at a 600 footer here when the dust clears? If it is 52 floors, we’ll be there.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 2:57 AM

What he said.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 11:01 PM
BANNED

Another 600’ skyscraper would definitely help fill in the skyline especially driving up to 676 from KOP.

Any update on this?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 2:09 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromPhilly View Post
Another 600’ skyscraper would definitely help fill in the skyline especially driving up to 676 from KOP.

Any update on this?
Only that the zoning permit no longer shows a notation of "Amendment Application Incomplete"; has changed to "Amendment Requested"

Zoning Permit ZP-2021-002518 (Amendment Requested)
AMENDMENT DESCRIPTION

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=326139931

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Only that the zoning permit no longer shows a notation of "Amendment Application Incomplete"; has changed to "Amendment Requested"

Zoning Permit ZP-2021-002518 (Amendment Requested)
AMENDMENT DESCRIPTION

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=326139931
well wtf.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
well wtf.
We’ve known about this for a few weeks now. And 52 floors is still 600+ feet.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 9:22 PM

^^ 52 stories would make this 10-20 feet taller then the laurel if I'm not mistaken?
Its still a huge project though, 600ft for Philly is really nothing to scoff at

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 9:11 PM
Midrise

Contrary to today's article at PhillyYimby, the plan is now at 54 stories (including mech. floors on top (53 & 54) and another (mostly) mech. floor at 29th) in a Dec 28 amendment to previously issued building permit, Commercial Building Permit CP-2020-006042 (Issued)

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=284474070

In the zoning permit online, the previous amendment language (down to 52 stories) has disappeared, and a diagram last updated 8/20/2021 shows the 54 story structure. They are utilizing a mixed-income bonus (payment).

http://s3.amazonaws.com/eclipse-docs...021-002518.pdf

Parapet elevation is 611'2".

Last edited by Jayfar; Dec 31, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals