HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 5:24 PM

The good - shows Johnson may be pro development….. the potential bad - how does he want this paid for?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 7:10 PM

I looked up the context for his stance on One Central. This 1 sentence line is so out of context it seems pointless to even write an article about it. He doesn't even say he's for or against it, just that it needs to "maximize community benefits". Here's the full context:

Quote:
Would you proceed with, alter, or cease support for The 78, Lincoln Yards and Michael Reese projects? What about the proposed One Central development?

Lincoln Yards is an area completely surrounded by well-off neighborhoods. The process was completely opaque. There were promises made about a school and a library. While I didn’t agree with the contours of this deal, as mayor, I will ensure that the promised community benefits are actually delivered in a reasonable timeframe.

RE: the 78, I am excited about the potential for the new University of Illinois research labs. There won’t be as much demand for office space as once thought, so we will need to rethink how development takes place: How can we expand the amount of affordable housing that will be offered? How can we create new training and educational opportunities for disadvantaged Chicagoans? How can we better incorporate the voice of nearby residents, and ensure that the Community Advisory Committee has an actual seat at the table, rather than simply paying them lip-service?

The Michael Reese project will bring much-needed investment to Bronzeville. The first phase of the project focuses on new educational institutions and senior housing. These are the types of ideas that, as mayor, I can get behind. But as mayor I would also create new programming so that Chicagoans from all neighborhoods can benefit from the new ARC Innovation Campus, meaning there are educational and training opportunities for Chicagoans at all skill levels. I also want to maximize community benefits for the One Central Development.
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/poli...-questionnaire

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 5:26 AM

https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2024...source=twitter

Illinois delays feasibility study for Bob Dunn’s $20B One Central

Meant to analyze proposed subsidies and viability for Landmark Development’s megaproject

Quote:
Two years after approving funding for a feasibility study, Illinois officials have yet to award a contract to investigate the potential of Bob Dunn’s One Central megadevelopment, causing further delays and uncertainty surrounding the $20 billion endeavor.

The Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity issued a request for proposals last year to assess the viability of the project, which is slated for 9,000 residential units and 11 million square feet of office and retail space, built over Metra tracks near Soldier Field, Crain’s reported.

Quote:
A preliminary contract of nearly $500,000 was awarded to Ernst & Young in August 2023, but the procurement office subsequently retracted the contract without explanation. Although sources indicate a new award may be imminent
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/poli...-hasnt-started

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 12:51 PM

I wonder if they are modifying their plans for One Central to coordinate with the Bears' plans for a new doomed stadium?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 1:54 PM

I would love to know what the actual price to this development is in today's dollars.

Is $20b what they're quoting it in today's costs? Or has that been unchanged since this project was announced?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PRUROCKS! View Post
I wonder if they are modifying their plans for One Central to coordinate with the Bears' plans for a new doomed stadium?
Perhaps it would not be to the same scale, but it would seem that something in a similar vein to One Central could become somewhat realistic if the bears (and sox?) move forward with stadiums? Fingers crossed for a supertall somewhere in the south loop coming from all this lol, seem to recall that was envisaged in One Central itself.

Last edited by iguy; Mar 15, 2024 at 6:57 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development