HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 1:01 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 860 East 147th Street | FT | 12 FLOORS

Project: 860 East 147th Street

Quote:
More than 150 new units of affordable housing are being planned for Mott Haven.

Radson Development is working on a residential project called Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza, which would be located at East 147th Street, between Timpson Place and Austin Place, and have 165 units of affordable housing.

The project would likely be built through the Department of Housing Preservation and Development's Extremely Low and Low-Income Affordability program, which funds the construction of projects for households that earn up to 60 percent of Area Median Income.
=========================
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...for-mott-haven

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 12:48 PM
don't *meddle*...

http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...S/Default.aspx

First Hudson Yards Tower Opens on Manhattan’s Far West Side
New York City, United States – 03 June 2016

Quote:
The first completed tower in the massive Hudson Yards development in New York has opened its doors, giving fashion brand Coach a new global headquarters at 10 Hudson Yards. Kohn Pederson Fox Associates (KPF) designed the 52-story skyscraper to straddle the top end of the popular High Line on Manhattan's far West Side.
[...]

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 3:07 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some updated CTBUH lists. Just for construction / topped out (1st set) + proposals for a second.

This is almost like a whole Chicago Loop rising. When we add the proposals, most of which will rise between 2017 and 2022, it becomes apparent.

Just note that its not 100% complete or verbatim. Also some heights are off, but nevertheless, an idea.

These lists are for 100m and greater. So it doesn't account for the 1000+ developments below that range. This included towers or midrises or lowrises between [10 - 99.99m]

Just note that the towers that have 0 ft for height are unknown. The floors are known, but the height isn't and like always, the state of project details and propagation is always changing.

======<>======<>======<>======<>======<>
======<>======<>======<>======<>======<>

Proposals!!!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 5:18 PM
dazzle me

nyc, damn. 9 super talls (300m+) currently under construction, 11 more proposed.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 5:47 PM

...But no megatall yet!...

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 7:12 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
...But no megatall yet!...
Thats what One Vanderbilt should have been.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 7:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Thats what One Vanderbilt should have been.
I think Hotel Penn will host the future tallest in time. Will probably be a decade or so, but that location, with its accessibility, location, and current price/sq ft could be a monolith. I don't think 15 Penn Plaza will be built in its current form. Its a vision for now, but Vornado should make that site the future tallest. An office tower that takes the spot light from 1WTC, and breaches the coveted mega tall range. The New ESB of the 21st Century.

I'd rather see space there than in Midtown East. Ideally, the West Side should continue to fill up, the demand will be allocated to the current surplus coming online in the next 5-10 years, and after, as the appetite grows again, make that spot the ideal launching pad for the next boom cycle.

Hotel Penn's time is finite. In time, something will rise there. Question is, on what magnitude? Hopefully Vornado can make it happen. At least that's the dream.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 8:22 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Project Update: Extra rendering for 100 Barrow Street.

===========================
http://www.100barrow.com/gallery

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 8:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Project Update: DOB Rendering for 2 Pike Street and current status

Original Post: http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...1&postcount=89 (Clearer Rendering + Info)

Current Site:

Extra Info:

Quote:
The long-vacant Mobil gas station at 2 Pike Street is history. The one-story structure was demolished within a matter of days last November, clearing the way for its primary payload. Namely, a new fourteen-story commercial office building. However, the site remained dormant in the intervening six months, and didn’t reactivate until over the holiday weekend.

Construction crews installed those orange traffic barriers around the perimeter, and repainted the token green plywood. Also available is an updated project rendering. (Until now, there was only a sketch available.) See for yourself.
==================
BBoogie

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 8:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Just extracted this from a pdf:

=========================
http://www.colliers.com/-/media/file...tionreport.pdf

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 9:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 681 Lexington Avenue | FT | 15 FLOORS

Project: 681 Lexington Avenue

Quote:
When executives from real-estate investment trust Welltower Inc. and developer Hines began discussing a project to build a senior-housing development, they didn’t imagine the traditional leafy location outside the city. They wanted to build in Manhattan.

Welltower and Hines are targeting an affluent sector of a growing urban aging population, as have other players in the niche development sector. They said they are aiming to fill the gap between the strong demand and limited supply of facilities that offer assisted-living services and care for memory-impaired, particularly in Manhattan.

The joint venture plans a 15-story building at the northeast corner of East 56th Street and Lexington Avenue. The developers, who didn’t disclose total costs for the project, paid $115 million for the parcels that make up the site.

The building will have private apartments, landscaped terraces and an overall design inspired by classic Park Avenue apartment houses. It will be targeted at those with private means to pay.

“This is a place where these people can be reminded of things in their past, potentially by the design of the building and by the location of the building and have a significantly better quality of life,” said Thomas DeRosa, chief executive of Welltower, which has 72 senior housing properties in the tri-state area.
=======================
http://www.wsj.com/articles/housing-...ent-1465174031

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 2:50 PM

Renderings and a teaser site are now available for the project dubbed The Chamberlain at 267-269 West 87th Street with sales expected to start in late summer of 2016. For more information you can see the listing BuzzBuzzHome has at https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/the-chamberlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Project: 267-269 West 87th Street

Current Site:

================================
http://commercialobserver.com/2015/0...-ground-lease/

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 11:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 1420 Broadway | FT | 15 FLOORS

Project: 1420 Broadway

Quote:
Isaac Chetrit and Charles Aini plan to convert the three-story Garment District retail building at 1420 Broadway into a hotel that is roughly five times bigger, sources told The Real Deal.

The 7,000-square-foot property, located between West 39th and 40th streets, offers more than 34,000 buildable square feet in total. It is one of two adjacent properties on Broadway that Chetrit and Aini bought for a combined $268 million from Jordan Slone’s Harbor Group International in 2014.

The owners are considering a skinny hotel with up to 15 stories and about 80 rooms. Construction isn’t set to begin for another four years, however, as the entire building is currently triple-net leased to Korean café Olive Tree Deli, which occupies the ground floor.

The hotel would connect to a ground-floor retail space at the 24-story, 415,000-square-foot office building at 1412 Broadway next door. The owners have begun marketing the 4,800-square-foot space, which Café Europa is set to vacate by the year’s end, asking rents of $350 per square foot.
========================
TDR

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 11:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 2956 Park Avenue | FT | 15 FLOORS

Project: 2956 Park Avenue

Quote:
Mo Vaughn and Eugene Schneur’s Omni New York is planning a 154-unit Bronx rental building, according to a permit application filed Tuesday with the city’s Department of Buildings.

The 15-story development at 2956 Park Avenue in the Bronx’s Melrose neighborhood will share a block with Omni’s existing 216-unit complex Maria Lopez Plaza. Two years ago, the company broke ground on a 176-unit, $63.8 million affordable housing project on an adjacent site at 655 Morris Avenue.

According to the filing, 2956 Park Avenue will include an undisclosed amount of affordable units. William Vitaco Associates is the architect of record.
====================
TRD

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 2:14 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Update: 20 East End Avenue

Credit: Tectonic Via NYY

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 2:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 334 West 36th Street | FT | 20 FLOORS

Project: 334 West 36th Street

Quote:
Holy historic preservation!

Developer Sam Chang has saved my cherished, long-ago, church-office window after all.

Maybe it was divine intervention because Chang, who’s put up dozens of characterless mid-market hotels in Manhattan and has around $1 billion more in new projects in the works, isn’t known to be sentimental about the city’s past.

Yet, he surprisingly spared some of the facade of 344 W. 36th St. — a former Presbyterian church that was the site of my bizarre first city job more than four decades ago.

Although the parish house tower attached to the church has been leveled, it’s coming back — with my precious window.

The brick-faced building was an exquisitely funky performing arts center (think of dancers attempting to pirouette on top of a scaffold) in 1972, where I was an incompetent but ambitious administrative aide.

In a Post column on Jan. 18, 2015, I lamented the planned demolition of the “haunted house” where I’d enjoyed my first dramatic, big-city romance, suffered painful hard knocks and caught century-old silt in my pores.

“Grimy stained glass windows on the third floor belonged to my office,” I wrote. “I look up whenever I go by… I’m going to miss my stained glass window.”

But after Chang’s McSam Hotel Group snatched up the property for $50.8 million, he bowed to pleas to save and restore the brick facade and most of the tower that once housed my grungy office.

A rendering recently unveiled at the construction site reveals the design for the first time. Fronting what Buildings Department filings show will be a 20-story hotel is the restored outer wall of what was originally the church nave.
===============================
http://nypost.com/2016/06/08/builder...o-new-project/

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 2:51 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Mortifying. And I use that word very sparingly. Sam Cheng needs to be run out of town on a rail.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 10:22 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Update: LIC Skyline

Tallest one u/c (for now) is 42-12 28th Street on the far right.

Almost everything in the pic bar the crappy low rises in the foreground were not here a few years ago. This is like a mini Northern Miami springing up on the banks of the East River.

Credit: Dan Macy

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 12:15 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Update: William Vale

Credit: FC

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 10:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some data:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations