HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

That's this building:

So, they are going to call it The Tides. That's good to know. Sorta goes along with the other project they have planned for Coverdale Road (The Current).

I'm excited to hear they plan to begin construction later this summer!
So I drive by this site usually a couple of times a week. Since it's been vacant for years, there's a lot of bushes and trees that have grown on the property. There would have to be a major vegetation clearing operation done before anything else happens. A couple of days ago I noticed just such activity had started. A bunch of brush has been cleared but it's along the sidewalk only.

I'm not sure if the Town has done the work as part of their normal brush cutting operations or if Cordova has started to prepare the site. They did state that they were going to start construction on this project later in the summer.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 7:50 PM

Quote:
The supporting documents are now available:

Site Plan:

Render:

Nothing special, but also nothing really offensive. It's a pretty generic "Moncton Special" (four storeys, Spitfire styled, surface parking)
I was driving by the site this afternoon and saw a piece of heavy equipment on the property. Site preparation might be starting on this one.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 3:04 PM

Apple maps is now showing Bridgedale Blvd to be open. Can anybody confirm this?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:12 PM

I know the Runnymead extension is still under construction.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:29 PM

Quote:
This is what is planned for Runnymeade Road - Two traditional four storey wood construction apartment buildings with 55 & 71 units respectively, one to be built this year and the other to be built next year.

Location Map:

Site Plan:

Elevation (of the 71 unit building. The 55 unit building is similar):

Residents of the nearby neighbourhood have already taken notice of this proposal and are expressing some umbrage. The supporting documents include a petition with multiple signatures. The PAC meeting regarding this proposal should be quite lively.........
Not sure how fast they can put these up but the lot is finally cleared and stakes are in the ground for excavating.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I just drove by - Bridgedale Blvd is not open. Grading and gravelling is complete, but paving has yet to occur.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that they are well underway with excavating the new river channel underneath the bridge section at the Petitcodiac River Causeway? There is a shitload of earth moving going on here.........

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:51 PM

Quote:
I just drove by - Bridgedale Blvd is not open. Grading and gravelling is complete, but paving has yet to occur.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that they are well underway with excavating the new river channel underneath the bridge section at the Petitcodiac River Causeway? There is a shitload of earth moving going on here.........
I noticed this on my drive home yesterday, the landscape in that area is completely changed and I have no idea when they got that work done! Is there an updated timeline when this project is supposed to be done? its changed so many times.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Next fall AFAIK. The big closure of the causeway will be next summer.

Does anyone have any ideas what they should call the new bridge? It will certainly need a new name.

I nominate the RB Bennett Memorial Bridge. Bennett was the only PM born in NB, and hailed from Albert County. He has been badly mistreated by history, having governed during the great depression, but was responsible for the creation of several important social policies and the founding of important institutions like the Bank of Canada and the CBC. I think he is due for some much needed recognition........

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 7:42 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

So long as it isn't Pont Moncton-Riverview 2021 Moncton-Riverview Bridge, I'm happy.

R. B. Bennett would be a good choice.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
So long as it isn't Pont Moncton-Riverview 2021 Moncton-Riverview Bridge, I'm happy.

R. B. Bennett would be a good choice.
R.B. Bennett would be a good choice as would William Steeves, a father of Confederation from Hillsborough or Lieutenant-Colonel Cyrus Wesley Peck who one of only 99 Canadian recipients of the Victoria Cross. He hails from Hopewell Hill.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
It isn't close to where it connects to Hillsborough Road yet. I drove by this evening and checked, but you can't see any construction activity when you look in the direction that they'd be coming from.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
It isn't close to where it connects to Hillsborough Road yet. I drove by this evening and checked, but you can't see any construction activity when you look in the direction that they'd be coming from.
I didn't think this current project was suppose to connect to Hillsborough Rd. Maybe sometime in the future. I thought it was just to the nature park then down Runnymead.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This item was found on the agenda for the October meeting of the Riverview PAC (no supporting documents as of yet)

Quote:
Jason Carnahan, CPM Projects, 67 Suffolk St. (PID 00994764), Conditional use application to permit a four-storey, 40 unit multi-unit building with more than 1,500 square metres of gross floor area in the SC zone with variances to: 1) reduce landscaping standards to the south and east of the property; 2) permit a multi-unit building without a public entrance facing the street; and 3) permit more than one driveway on a lot having less than 75m of frontage (File 20-1895).
This address lies immediately behind Coverdale Square on Coverdale Road.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 5:43 PM

Land being clear this morning just south of storage unit company on Pine Glen Rd.

It's a fairly small parcel of land just north of the cell tower and to the west of Edison Cres.

Any ideas?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 1:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a T&T photo found on Twitter showing the earth moving going on under the new span at the Petitcodiac River causeway.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 2:04 PM

Took the dog for a run on the 'not-yet-open' Bridgedale Blvd this morning. Here's a few observations:
- Very wide, soon-to-be-paved walk, run, bike trail running parallel to the Blvd. Same as Gunningsville Blvd.
- Riverview now has its second roundabout. 3 exits. First exit runs north to Runnymead, aka Boys & Girls Club rd. The second exit is runs due south that takes you to the parking lot of Mill Creek Nature Park. (What a gem BTW) The third exit will be for the future extention eventually coming out where Mill Creek crosses under Hillsborough Rd.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 8:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
This item was found on the agenda for the October meeting of the Riverview PAC (no supporting documents as of yet)

Quote:
Jason Carnahan, CPM Projects, 67 Suffolk St. (PID 00994764), Conditional use application to permit a four-storey, 40 unit multi-unit building with more than 1,500 square metres of gross floor area in the SC zone with variances to: 1) reduce landscaping standards to the south and east of the property; 2) permit a multi-unit building without a public entrance facing the street; and 3) permit more than one driveway on a lot having less than 75m of frontage (File 20-1895).

This address lies immediately behind Coverdale Square on Coverdale Road.
Supporting documentation now available:

Location map:

Site plan:

Front elevation:

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:11 PM

According to staff at Pita Pit in the Pinewood Plaza, Dayzee's Fashions Ltd.will be moving from St. George St. into the plaza next to the pit. It is also rumored that health/suppliments store will also be moving in.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Supporting documentation now available:
Front elevation:
This would be a nice addition to this area, which I feel is a bit of a forgotten part of Riverview. I just hope the added traffic leads to upgrading Suffolk St., a truly wretched curbless, sidewalkless asphalt patchwork. There are lots of young pedestrians that will need protection from the cars.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Hipster View Post
This would be a nice addition to this area, which I feel is a bit of a forgotten part of Riverview. I just hope the added traffic leads to upgrading Suffolk St., a truly wretched curbless, sidewalkless asphalt patchwork. There are lots of young pedestrians that will need protection from the cars.
Agree. Construction of the building first, then the road.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces