HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 28, 2024, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
On which airline?
WestJet! Maybe this changed with the pandemic. If that’s the case it needs to be put back to year round.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgstvsouth94 View Post
WestJet! Maybe this changed with the pandemic. If that’s the case it needs to be put back to year round.
There hasn't been any year-round service to MCO on WestJet from YWG in quite some time. However WS seem to be on a roll with making CUN and MCO year-round for quite a few cities in so it wouldn't surprise me if YWG gets this as well at some point in the future.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
If YWG is going to continue to expand US bound service it needs to expand US preclearance. It really needs additional security screening capacity, additional hold capacity and ideally more amenities such as food service. Heck if it is allowed have existing food outlets elsewhere on the secure side offer deliveries to a pass through window/counter to the US side even if that requires staff supervision in the pass over.
I’m quite excited for when Stella’s is open again. Even though it is pre-security, I used to go early to have breakfast. With US departures always leaning more towards morning schedules, brunch-y food options would be best post security.

Screening is definitely a bottleneck. There’s a little incremental capacity available if airlines are interested in filling in the departure times, but I have to think an east terminal expansion isn’t far off to allow peak time increases.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 1:12 AM

US passenger data for December:
YWG-ATL 78.7%
ATL-YWG 73.2%
YWG-LAS 88.3%
LAS-YWG 78.8%
YWG-LAX 83.9%
LAX-YWG &5.3%
YWG-MCO 87.2%
MCO-YWG 68.6%
YWG-MSP 84.3%
MSP-YWG 83.6%
YWG-PHX 76.6%
PHX-YWG 81.1%
YWG-PSP 81.7%
PSP-YWG 53.3%

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst View Post
US passenger data for December:
YWG-ATL 78.7%
ATL-YWG 73.2%
YWG-LAS 88.3%
LAS-YWG 78.8%
YWG-LAX 83.9%
LAX-YWG &5.3%
YWG-MCO 87.2%
MCO-YWG 68.6%
YWG-MSP 84.3%
MSP-YWG 83.6%
YWG-PHX 76.6%
PHX-YWG 81.1%
YWG-PSP 81.7%
PSP-YWG 53.3%
Completely out of the loop. What do those percentages represent? Fullness of planes on average?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 2:06 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

percentage of amaricans on the flights?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 3:17 AM

Load factors on each route

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 10:31 PM

It is odd that load factors are higher on the outbound flights than the returns. Are that many people permanently leaving Winnipeg by air.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
It is odd that load factors are higher on the outbound flights than the returns. Are that many people permanently leaving Winnipeg by air.
No.

It's likely that people are returning on dates when those direct flights aren't available, as was the case for myself several times.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
No.

It's likely that people are returning on dates when those direct flights aren't available, as was the case for myself several times.
Yes. It also illustrates why schedule can be as important as route. I’ve often had to return via YYZ when I went via MSP.

It is normal for southbound loads to sunspots to be imbalanced one way at the start of the season and the other at the end. But the Palm Springs numbers are curious - it looks like more snowbirds going for the season than people going for a few weeks.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:32 PM

My joke aside, being those are December numbers it is quite possible people are leaving Winnipeg before Christmas/New Years and at the start of the school break and returning in the first week on January. I know when we did the YWG-LAX-YWG direct combo with family the works K-12 we did exactly that.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:32 PM

In case anyones interested, my wife and I flew the new Flair directs to Las Vegas on the Weds, came back on the Saturday. Both flights were delayed by 30ish mins but overall had a good experience. I believe both flights were both not to capacity but was still decently busy, and we got the round trip for less than $200 each. Def would be flying on it again in the future!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan