HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 7:57 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Moncton's stadium is too small in its current format for the CFL, but it appears to be capable of handling the CPL. Has there been any discussion of landing a franchise in that league?
Soccer NB is supportive, of course, but no serious investors have stepped forward AFAIK.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It is a track and field stadium. It was built for the 2010 World Junior Track and Field Championships and has a top of the drawer Mondo running surface on the track. The end bleachers you see on that image I provided above are temporary, and partly built on the track surface.
I realize that. What I'm saying is, looking at that photo, it's only barely wide enough for a CFL field, which makes it very narrow for a soccer field. You can build a proper track around either, so why did they make it football-width, instead of soccer-width, if they play soccer but not football?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 4:40 AM
Community Guy

Just bought a bunch of Elks merchandise and pumped as I am planning on being there in Regina come November 20, 2022 for the 109th.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Just bought a bunch of Elks merchandise and pumped as I am planning on being there in Regina come November 20, 2022 for the 109th.
Edmonton is going to be a much different team this season with Chris Jones at the helm. I'm just grateful that he couldn't pry Willie Jefferson away from the Bombers for a little reunion tour

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:41 AM

Bombers re signed Collaros and Bighill today the core is mostly back now to pursue a 3 peat.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:12 PM
Ham-burgher

The QB dominoes are falling into place. Reilly's decision to retire or not will probably dictate what happens next for the more experienced ones like Masoli, Harris, and MBT.

Current pending FA quarterbacks, per CFL.ca:
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
Dominique Davis
Isaac Harker
Trevor Harris
Jeremiah Masoli
Sean McGuire
Matt Nichols
Michael O'Connor
David Watford

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
The QB dominoes are falling into place. Reilly's decision to retire or not will probably dictate what happens next for the more experienced ones like Masoli, Harris, and MBT.

Current pending FA quarterbacks, per CFL.ca:
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
Dominique Davis
Isaac Harker
Trevor Harris
Jeremiah Masoli
Sean McGuire
Matt Nichols
Michael O'Connor
David Watford
Masoli i would think goes to Ottawa the rest of that list is mostly backup qbs

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:21 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Masoli i would think goes to Ottawa the rest of that list is mostly backup qbs
If Michael Reilly does step aside, the market for Masoli and Harris will be hot, and add Bethel-Thompson to that list. Ottawa is a likely destination for JM, but Edmonton might want in too -- I feel like Jones will want more competition unless he has some newcomers in mind.

Last edited by ScreamingViking; Jan 21, 2022 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:41 PM

Harris is trash he was horrible last year and mcbeth is way too inconsistent. Probably better kids out of ncaa this off-season to sign who have more upside.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:23 PM
Ham-burgher

Harris and MBT probably aren't difference-makers, but they're serviceable veterans. Some teams may view them (Masoli too) as a one-year stopgap.

Collaros was a risk too. He is still one bad hit away from ending a career, but look what he's accomplished since Winnipeg took a chance on him.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:26 PM

The elks signed Khalil Tate this week at qb from Arizona supposed to be a great cfl qb prospect from ncaa

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 5:00 PM
Ham-burgher

Hope he brings something and shows well. We've seen too many "made for the CFL" QBs unable to handle the differences in the game.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 5:20 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

^ very true.

I’d like to see Dominique Davis get another shot, I thought he showed some flashes.
EDIT: Forget that, I just looked him up and he is 32 years old, I thought he was young.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Bombers re signed Collaros and Bighill today the core is mostly back now to pursue a 3 peat.
That is such awesome news. So many core pieces of the team are coming back. Surely the Bombers must be running out of cap room by now, though?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That is such awesome news. So many core pieces of the team are coming back. Surely the Bombers must be running out of cap room by now, though?
I think they cut harris Augustine and Olivera can handle the rb duties at a much cheaper salary

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 3:44 PM

Quote:
I think they cut harris Augustine and Olivera can handle the rb duties at a much cheaper salary
I guess it's possible, but that seems like a very un-Bomber like move and would come at a bit of a price in terms of fan reaction.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Harris is trash he was horrible last year and mcbeth is way too inconsistent. Probably better kids out of ncaa this off-season to sign who have more upside.
Trevor Harris was great when he was in Ottawa, but he had a couple of terrible weaknesses. He was injury prone and he could not run to escape the rush. I am sure age is making these things even worse.

There has been talk of him coming back to Ottawa, but I can't imagine this after he left the RedBlacks high and dry in 2019. I don't think the fan base would be too pleased if he were to come back.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 6:03 PM
Community Guy

I like this move a lot. Great timing for someone like Cui to solidify and evolve the team/franchise.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/f...sident-and-ceo

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
I like this move a lot. Great timing for someone like Cui to solidify and evolve the team/franchise.
That is good news, CFL has had some good things happening on the business side lately with this, Doman buying the Lions and Stelco getting involved in Hamilton.

Last edited by elly63; Jan 24, 2022 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 7:52 PM

Insider Talk: Rourke is ready, Boateng’s future, Calgary gets poached
John Hodge 3downnation.com January 19, 2022

Insider Talk is a weekly feature on 3DownNation that features anonymous quotes from people around the CFL — players, coaches, personnel people, executives, agents, etc. — regarding the latest news around the league. It’s a combination of insight, analysis, rumours, and friendly gossip.

(B.C. Lions’ quarterback) Nathan Rourke is going to be a star in this league and I’m not talking about three or four years from now – I’m talking about 2022. He’s always had the physical tools. Now look at how he improved every time he played last year. He’s a fast learner and he’s ready to take the reins if given the opportunity.

Sometimes I’m shocked by who gets opportunities in the NFL. (Hamilton’s) Jordan Murray was not a top-five left tackle in 2021, yet he’s getting signed down there. I guess being six-foot-nine has its advantages when those teams covet size so much.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada