HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 5:28 AM

do you think this is actually gonna get built?do you have any photoshops of it in the skyline?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 2:06 PM
World Machine

Yes it will be built, and no I cannot you show anything beyond this for privacy reasons.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:00 PM
Registered Lurker

Very nice, the trees made it more alive.

Do you plan to texture this model?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:05 PM
World Machine

^^^^^^^^^^^^

No I apologize, but I cannot show you forumers that much. Whats there is all thats going to be there for this model. I just wanted to get a public reaction to the project. I'm not going crazy with this particualr model.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:13 PM
Registered Lurker

I understand. I suppose we'll all have to wait for those professional renderings once it comes closer to being built

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:17 PM
World Machine

^^^^^^^

It'll be a while, but I can assure it will be a sight worth waiting for.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 5:47 AM

Well this is an interesting thread…
After a brief examination of your project, I feel that for someone like myself who isn’t the largest fan of the international box style to begin with, the complex in its entirety is just too much for me. Now that of course is just my opinion, and I wouldn’t have a problem with just that except that the corporate theme seems to make its way into the street level as well. It is like taking the suburban office campus and forcing it into an urban setting with its harsh window fronts and “bland” plazas. As someone else stated earlier, I think that a great way to combat these issues would be to break this mega block into two city blocks; thereby creating a project which is more tightly wound into the already existing urban fabric as opposed to a more “isolated district”.

All of this of course is just my input, so take from it what you will. My only question is in regards to the timeframe of this project. Many of the world’s largest buildings did not require a timeframe upwards of fifteen years until construction. It is actually somewhat risky to have such a large timeframe as the economics surrounding this project are likely to be completely different than what they are today. The only time I have seen projects take this long is when they are proposed, approved, put on hold, and then revived all over again. Of course this is all in front of the public, and I’m sure that plenty went on behind the scenes well before the public was aware of the project. But fifteen years?

Well for whatever happens from here good luck to you!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 3:27 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanE008 View Post
Well this is an interesting thread…
After a brief examination of your project, I feel that for someone like myself who isn’t the largest fan of the international box style to begin with, the complex in its entirety is just too much for me. Now that of course is just my opinion, and I wouldn’t have a problem with just that except that the corporate theme seems to make its way into the street level as well. It is like taking the suburban office campus and forcing it into an urban setting with its harsh window fronts and “bland” plazas. As someone else stated earlier, I think that a great way to combat these issues would be to break this mega block into two city blocks; thereby creating a project which is more tightly wound into the already existing urban fabric as opposed to a more “isolated district”.

All of this of course is just my input, so take from it what you will. My only question is in regards to the timeframe of this project. Many of the world’s largest buildings did not require a timeframe upwards of fifteen years until construction. It is actually somewhat risky to have such a large timeframe as the economics surrounding this project are likely to be completely different than what they are today. The only time I have seen projects take this long is when they are proposed, approved, put on hold, and then revived all over again. Of course this is all in front of the public, and I’m sure that plenty went on behind the scenes well before the public was aware of the project. But fifteen years?

Well for whatever happens from here good luck to you!

First off, thank you for your input. It's greatly appreciated!

1. As far as the project coming off overwhelming, you have to take into consideration it's being built in the most overwheling city in the world. The versatility of the complex is what makes it so big.

2. The project is not going to take 15 years to build. In fact it will take about 2-4 years to build. I am still in early stages right now. With that and all of the negotiations, structural testing, continual designing, and financial gathering: that will take up the bulk of the time. I plan to have this thing built a soon as possible.

3. The layout of the building has been a consistent downer amongst the forumers. However I cannot stress the fact that this is a little model to show you forumers. Its not nearly 100% detailed. The base of all the buildings will behold large amounts of upscale dining and retail as well as moderate scale retail and dining. There will be two underground floors of Mall containing retail and dining, as well as subway stations and parking. There will also be retail and dining within the buildings, as well as a 5 star hotel and theatre and public promonades (elevated). There is even a luxury car dealership. The versatlitly of this complex is just amazing!

If you look closely at the pics I posted, you will se that there is a street dividing tower 3 from the rest of the plaza. However there is elevated promonades and building above it.

I understand what is being said about the corporate feel, but I can garuntee that will not be the feeling. Will there be a strong corporate presence, of course, but it will not be the total atmosphere of the complex.

Thank you,
Dac150

Old Posted Jul 17, 2007, 4:39 PM
World Machine

Last edited by Dac150; Aug 29, 2007 at 7:54 PM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2007, 7:58 PM
World Machine

Exclamation Just wanted to keep the thread alive....

If you guys can start posting more comments on this as oppose to Hutchinson, I would greatly appreciate it. This of course does have to do with my future and career and I can show you more pics.

If you have any questions I'll be happ to answer them, but PLEASE read the information I gave in previous pages, because 9 chances out of 10 you'll answer will be there.

Please also give suggestions and opinions. Not 1 or 2 word comments like: cool, nice job, I like it, keep it up. They won't help. If you can say why you think its cool, that would be better. Explanations are what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2007, 8:15 PM
World Machine

The Globe.............

Here is a pic showing the Central Plaza. You can see a globe in the midde (not the best job), but that will be a model of the Earth. The Oceans will be covered in silver and the Continents will be covered in gold. The globe is the centerpiece of the entire complex.
scroll>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 9:41 PM

IMO it looks WAY to much like the world trade center.
maybe a fountin instead?
also,to mans C's and cassidy stuff.
since your facede's are not very good(no offense,there just lines) ,but the could use some touching up.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
World Machine

You have to understand that this isn't anything near (deatil wise) what the actual model looks like.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:39 PM
Desert Dweller

Sorry Mate, but its WAY too much like the World Trade Center, I find it a little offensive and uncreative. You have to admit the sphere picture looks dead close to the actual sphere at the WTC. I do like the towers themselves, but the plaza needs some work. The WTC was an amazing archtectual feat, but it was very impratical, the plaza was very large and looked really dead and un-human until the amazing renovations of 1998 and the years before. More trees maybe? they sure added a ton of trees in 1998, and look, the plaza became a popular spot in NYC for concerts and such.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:39 PM

That doesnt explain its WTC resemblance.
do you even have a real model?()
Edit,patrick,that is my issue,the public's not gonna like this.
I think we need A ton of pictures,5 atleast,of differint parts of the complex.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
World Machine

Yes there are multiple models and designs that illustrate the structural integrity of the complex as well as more cosmetic detail. I cannot show those though because that would be basicaly handing my work over to possible prospectors on a silver platter.

As far as the similarities to the WTC, yes it is suppose to resemble the WTC. Of course the buildings themselves don't, but the enviroment does. The bland boring corporate architecture is what I like, so i am going to design buildings that revolve around it.

And yes with the more detail. There will be a lot of trees, details to the plaza, benches, tables, and much more. I can only do so much on sketchup.

And like I said, it gets quite tiresome after a while repeating the same thing. I have answered all the deatil and tree questions multiple times before. Please see if I answered questions before you ask them.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:57 PM

Imo the walls sorrounding the plaza area on the right hand side are to tall.
maybe you vould add a setback with gardens or somthing?
can we have a picter without line's,to see the general ahape of the tower and plaza?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:03 AM
World Machine

Thats from when I was 17. Good times I'll tell you. I remeber it like it was yesterday. I remember the Friday after school I made that. I was in love. I found the perfect design (IMO). And all these years after, I still kept the design but added more to it. Now it's only matter of time until it's in the skyline.

But you can't refer to that. too old. Believe me there will be many more details and trees. You think I'd build it like that?

A couple of pages back you'll see pics where I put trees. You'll get a better sense of where they"ll be.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:08 AM

trees dont matter,currently its all about the buildings.
could we have a newer pic from that area? it looks very clausterphobicishnessamigiglydodlydo.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
World Machine

Ok, I'll post one later.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art