HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:13 PM

Not what I was expecting for the offices, BUT the blurred images from the video allude to pedestals and many areas of allowing natural light from one end of the building to the other. It appears there’s open space between the retail and the offices above, which would help the area not feel too stuffy.

The residential looks good. I am interested in the materials. If it is brick, reminds me of how Atlanta could be Bogota-esque with our plethora of trees and red buildings.

Now the part that I am interested in... this is just phase one!! There’s still plenty of land in phase 2, which could make this a huge live work play/ TOD node which is great for this location. Have to wonder what’s in phase 2.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:17 PM

I love it. The office design lives more to be desired, specifically the height. It just seems like they could stack the two towers on top of one another instead on connecting via skywalk. Are there FAR restrictions near the Beltline?

LOVE the residential and hotel components. It compliments the existing architecture of the neighborhood a lot more.

I don't see where there's space for phase 2, can somebody point it out for me?

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic View Post
I love it. The office design lives more to be desired, specifically the height. It just seems like they could stack the two towers on top of one another instead on connecting via skywalk. Are there FAR restrictions near the Beltline?

LOVE the residential and hotel components. It compliments the existing architecture of the neighborhood a lot more.

I don't see where there's space for phase 2, can somebody point it out for me?
There is height restriction in this area. This is not downtown/midtown. They're not going to allow them to build a 300-400 foot office tower here and they shouldn't. I already posted my thoughts about this project in it's dedicated thread in the Atlanta forum.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
There is height restriction in this area. This is not downtown/midtown. They're not going to allow them to build a 300-400 foot office tower here and they shouldn't. I already posted my thoughts about this project in it's dedicated thread in the Atlanta forum.

That being said, this project is still too large for beltline-fronting property. Not a fan. This belongs in the heart of Midtown, not Old Forth Ward beltline.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
That being said, this project is still too large for beltline-fronting property. Not a fan. This belongs in the heart of Midtown, not Old Forth Ward beltline.
The height aligns with the beltline’s master plan for this property.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 4:17 PM

o4w neighbor here, can't wait for this to start.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The height aligns with the beltline’s master plan for this property.
Not speaking of height. Looks like a corporate park. Just feel beltline should have at least a little more organic, residential feel to it. This could be a slippery slope perhaps.

Just my personal opinion though. To each his own.

Last edited by MdtwnATL; May 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 4:35 PM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
A few screenshots of other renderings that didn't get published.

Shows a better scale in reference to the Beltline and the internal street from within looking up toward the Beltline.

That looks nice!

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 5:53 PM

BL DRC agenda is slammed with projects. Studioplex hotel (squash those 600 parking spaces!! %#*^ no!), 760 ralph McGill, angier ave condos, Smith dalia on Memorial, dreary street condos, Ponce condos...
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-..._-May-2019.pdf

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 3:10 PM
Google Steffen Thomas

Plans filed for Atlanta Beltline-facing boutique hotel
By Amy Wenk – Staff Writer, Atlanta Business Chronicle
May 13, 2019, 7:00am EDT Updated 4 hours ago

A 200-room boutique hotel is moving forward from one of Atlanta’s top developers.
Plans were just filed in Atlanta for the seven-story project along the Atlanta Beltline’s Eastside Trail.
Portman Holdings LLC is planning the hotel and last year acquired the more than one-acre site. An affiliate of Portman paid $5.5 million for the property at the southwest corner of Irwin Street and the Beltline in Old Fourth Ward. The site is between Studioplex and Atlanta Stove Works, and sits near the popular food hall Krog Street Market.

“We are making the Beltline our front door,” Ambrish Baisiwala, CEO of Portman Holdings, said in an interview last May. “We have the opportunity to create a well-designed hotel that speaks to the community. There is no hotel project on the Beltline to serve that market.”

In February, Ambrish told Atlanta Business Chronicle the plan is to break ground at the end of this year or early next year. The goal is to open in the third quarter of 2021.
The site has been envisioned as a hotel since 2015. But a previous deal fell apart.
There are now two hotels planned along the Eastside Trail.
New City LLC recently filed plans for a massive mixed-use project that would rise next to the trail and Historic Fourth Ward Park, including a 140-room hotel.

“The Beltline is Atlanta’s beachfront property,” Jim Irwin, president of New City and a former principal with Jamestown, said in an interview last May. “Hospitality is the final offering that’s missing. The fact that a legacy Atlanta developer (Portman) is taking on the opportunity is a huge validation for what the Beltline is doing for the city.”

Portman Holdings was behind some of Atlanta's most iconic hotels, including the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Hyatt Regency Atlanta and Westin Peachtree Plaza. It has another boutique hotel project in the works in Buckhead, which is converting a former condo building along East Paces Ferry Road.

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
Plans filed for Atlanta Beltline-facing boutique hotel
By Amy Wenk – Staff Writer, Atlanta Business Chronicle
May 13, 2019, 7:00am EDT Updated 4 hours ago

A 200-room boutique hotel is moving forward from one of Atlanta’s top developers.
Plans were just filed in Atlanta for the seven-story project along the Atlanta Beltline’s Eastside Trail.
Just reiterating the BeltLine DRC agenda lists out 600 parking spaces for this project, which would be a catastrophe. Hoping those spaces are part of the recently construction parking deck for Studioplex and no new spaces.

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
BL DRC agenda is slammed with projects. Studioplex hotel (squash those 600 parking spaces!! %#*^ no!), 760 ralph McGill, angier ave condos, Smith dalia on Memorial, dreary street condos, Ponce condos...
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-..._-May-2019.pdf
Anyone seen the Midtown DRC agenda for May?

I think the meeting was scheduled for tomorrow.
Thank you

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Anyone seen the Midtown DRC agenda for May?

I think the meeting was scheduled for tomorrow.
Thank you
SCRATCH THAT - NO MIDTOWN DRC meeting tomorrow

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/pro...view-committee

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Just reiterating the BeltLine DRC agenda lists out 600 parking spaces for this project, which would be a catastrophe. Hoping those spaces are part of the recently construction parking deck for Studioplex and no new spaces.
The agenda is wrong... the parking for the entire campus is shared, so it must be recalculated as each building comes in. There are around 600 spaces already on site.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
The agenda is wrong... the parking for the entire campus is shared, so it must be recalculated as each building comes in. There are around 600 spaces already on site.
Thank heavens. This is what I expected, but did not want to assume. This is Atlanta afterall. Tired of all these parking decks. We build more for car storage than for the people that live here.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 1:59 PM

12 DRC cases on the Beltline-- 0 in Midtown. Which part of town is hot now(?)

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
12 DRC cases on the Beltline-- 0 in Midtown. Which part of town is hot now(?)
The Beltline and Midtown are hot, but I’ll go with the area that has more actual construction going on...

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 2:26 PM

Land in Midtown is expensive and right now, there isn't much demand for new apartments. We also had a big year for office last year. Not surprised there's been a bit of a slowdown. Second half of the year could be bigger for Midtown.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 2:32 PM

Perhaps Opus will be under construction later this year. I've said on here before that I don't think that project is dead despite its disappointingly glacial progress.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Perhaps Opus will be under construction later this year. I've said on here before that I don't think that project is dead despite its disappointingly glacial progress.
Where there is a forum there is hope...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations