HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 2:02 PM

TULSA, "One Place" small mixed use by BOK arena.

Was hesitant to post such a small development. But in these financial times figured why not lol. Plus, though small, its much needed for this particular area.

"One Place" will be a mixed use, pedestrian friendly development next to the new BOK arena. Had hoped for something a bit more extensive, but this looks like a good start. Currently the block opposite the arena on this side is a vacant parking lot. So this will fill in that gap, helping to connect the arena to the core of downtown. There is still a good chunk of property the city is wanting to redevelop just south of the arena which is likely where a larger hotel and development would go.

It will consist of a 120 room Hotel and 6,500 sq ft Hotel Restaurant on the NE corner, and residential flats and lofts over 15,000 sq ft of shops, restaurants, bookstore, etc. The interior of the block would have a landscaped courtyard with fountains, restaurant with outdoor seating and possibly a space for ice skating in the winter.

Around the block.

The block

Inside the block.

I am really glad this looks to be very pedestrian friendly. With the current state of our downtown, would rather have more things like this than another tower any day. Two other older buildings are being renovated nearby, the grand "MAYO Hotel" which will be mixed use hotel/lofts and the "Atlas Life" hotel will also add to the area.

Will add more info and details as things move along.

Last edited by WilliamTheArtist; May 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 5:26 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

that looks really, really good. I think its the small things that add up and aren't really as small as we take them for which make the difference.

Old Posted May 16, 2010, 5:15 AM

I like the design. I'm always glad to see development going up around sports venues. Hopefully this project doesn't face much opposition.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development