HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
The article is relevant because a week later Blackstone claim they still want to push ahead with the project.
Blackstone is searching for a new HQ right now. I don't know what you're talking about re. "push ahead with the project"; they're taking proposals right now.
Quote:
All these dates are irrelevant as the city and the world is facing an ongoing crisis. So a start date of 2023 is horse shit.
I have no idea what this means. Again, they're doing it right now. Pretty sure Blackstone is aware there's a pandemic; that doesn't mean they don't do any planning.

Quote:
After what he said last week would have dented confidence so an
other 'puff piece' was required a week later.
What does this mean? Are you actually reading the thread? You think CEOs are cartoon characters or something?
Quote:
Google has said it's keeping staff at home until July 2021 at the earliest.
Wrong. Google is giving employees WFH option till mid-2021, like basically every major company in the U.S.
Quote:
Therefore, Hudson Yards having already lost it's mall anchor tenant is not going to best pleased.
Also wrong. Related kicked out NM; not the other way around. NM is bankrupt and parent company took a buyout because they need $$.

Quote:
Add the massive lost of tourism and less hotels stays a year on the over rated, over priced Hudson Yards is not looking so good.
This is all dumb. Are you posting in the wrong thread or something?

HY isn't a tourist attraction; it's a commercial complex. This thread is for 350 Park, which is nowhere near HY. And then WTF with bringing up Google, which is nowhere near Park Ave. or HY. Have you ever even been to NYC?

What does tourism during a pandemic, Google, and Hudson Yards have to do with 350 Park and Blackstone's office search? Are you just randomly trolling?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:44 PM
BANNED

Note to Trolls: New York is and always will be the Financial Capital of the World. It will keep building super towers like other U.S. cities build new CVS stores, Targets, and supermarkets.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Note to Trolls: New York is and always will be the Financial Capital of the World. It will keep building super towers like other U.S. cities build new CVS stores, Targets, and supermarkets.
No need to insult other US cities. We were all hit by the pandemic. But it’s a fact that NY will need office space. No sense in denying that.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
Yes I saw this image, but was hoping to view the back of the building straight on.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No need to insult other US cities. We were all hit by the pandemic. But it’s a fact that NY will need office space. No sense in denying that.
Not like it did before. Why can't you admit that?

Oh I was going to edit the troll post. I had written a reply but accidentally deleted it so just grabbed a troll gif. Plus how could I be a troll giving I have been here for over a year now.

Most importantly I don't want what I feel is going to happen because thousands of jobs will be lost and who wants that?

Anyway back on topic I love the lobby of this building.....

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 7:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Not like it did before. Why can't you admit that?

Oh I was going to edit the troll post. I had written a reply but accidentally deleted it so just grabbed a troll gif. Plus how could I be a troll giving I have been here for over a year now.

Most importantly I don't want what I feel is going to happen because thousands of jobs will be lost and who wants that?

Anyway back on topic I love the lobby of this building.....

Sure.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 2:10 AM
New Yorker for life

https://seekingalpha.com/article/436...all-transcript

Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) CEO Steven Roth on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

Aug. 4, 2020

Quote:
Steven Roth

Thanks, Cathy, and good morning everyone.

I hope all of you are continuing to stay safe and healthy. Yesterday, after the close, we announced a very important 730,000 square foot lease with Facebook at our Farley Building. We normally don't go for the drama of timing deals with earnings call, but this one just worked out that way. This deal has been in the works for a while, and has not been a secret in the marketplace.

People have been speculating, will a - even a great company such as Facebook committed in the middle of the pandemic crisis? Will they commit their physical assets in light of all the work from home stuff? Will they continue to expand in New York, in effect doubling down? We now know the answer to these questions is yes.

This commitment is a dramatic statement from one of the most important global tech companies, that even in the midst of a pandemic, commerce must continue. This deal reinforces New York City as a great and unique place to do business, with an unlimited highly educated workforce. New York continues to be the place to be.

Farley is an unique property like none other in New York that occupies a double-wide block. It is actually part of the Penn Station Complex, the busiest transportation hub in the nation, across the street from Madison Square Garden, you get the picture.
Quote:
220 Central Park South is the most successful residential development ever. We are 92% sold or under contract, and we are now reaping the financial rewards from 220. It is a financial engine feeding our liquidity and financial strength.

Year-to-date, through July, we are closed on 13 units for net proceeds of $598 million, all of this during the health crisis. From inception through July, we have closed 67 units for net proceeds of $2.42 billion. We expect closings in the balance of the year will bring in an additional $496 million in net proceeds.
Quote:
Michael Franco

With the city reopening for construction in mid-June, our development efforts have resumed in the Penn district. At Farley, we are targeting a December opening at the Moynihan Train Hall, along with some limited retail openings and first delivery of office space in January 2021.

Retail demand is strong here given the expected daily foot tract. Farley, PENN 1 and PENN 2 are the center point of our vision to transform Penn district, the new eco center of New York, where we will be delivering for tenants, cutting edge, next generation, health and wellness environments, amenities and services unmatched anywhere.

Even during the shutdown the reactions in the brokers community and multiple perspective tenants for PENN 2 bustle design has been outstanding. And we are confident, this is exactly what tenants want as we emerge in a post-COVID world. As we have said before, these three large Penn district projects are debt free and are being funded out of our balance sheet, including the aforementioned proceeds in 220 Central Park South closes.

As these projects are completed and leased up, they will generate large accretive earnings. Beyond our developments, broader district improvements continue to progress also. The 33rd Street Long Island Railroad entrance is almost complete and on schedule to open this December, adding another signature elements to the district and improving the experience for commuters.
Quote:
Steven Roth

Your comment specifically went to the Hotel Penn. I don't really have much to say about that except that, as we continue to march - to march along from the Farley Building to 2 PENN, to 1 PENN, et cetera, the Hotel Penn is arguably one of the top two or three development sites that are available in the city. By the way, at 350 Park Avenue, many of the people in the marketplace think is the single best development site. But be as it may be. I couldn't resist getting the plug in.
Quote:
Steven Roth

The other thing, by the way, is the design of the building with the bustle creating the overhang, creating the prominence, creating the entrance to Penn Station, et cetera. I mean, it has got universal applause.

And so, we're pleased about that. There is an elephant company that's in the marketplace that is looking - by the way, it happens to be looking at both 350 Park Avenue, and 2 Penn, which is an interesting combination of locations. And their boss basically said that going through the renderings and the presentation that he thought that the design and the bustle were extraordinary piece of architecture and we agree with that.
Quote:
Jamie Feldman

Okay. Thanks for the color. And you're saying that the tenant looking at 350 Park and 2 Penn, they would only take one. They are not --

Steven Roth

Glen is good, but he can't sell a space twice. No, they would only take one.
Quote:
Alexander Goldfarb

....Next, I was going to give you a plug for talking to Steve Schwarzman, your buddy about anchoring 350, but sounds like Glen is also trying to sell him on Penn Station. So look forward to that as well.

Steven Roth

Well, first of all, I'll pass the congrats off to Glen and David. Second of all, don't make that conclusion. It's not a good conclusion.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 2:50 AM
BANNED

I really hope that they anchor 350 Park.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 2:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I really hope that they anchor 350 Park.
I think either way, 350 Park is in good shape. It wouldn't speed up the timeline though. Likewise, 2 Penn is already moving forward, so a tenant won't really affect that timetable.

We've still got this to look forward to...

https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/29/b...-headquarters/

Quote:
Blackstone eyes new 1M sf NYC headquarters

Among the sites under consideration is a supertall office tower on Park Avenue proposed by Vornado Realty Trust and Rudin Management. The two have floated the idea of developing properties they separately own into a 1,450-foot-tall, 1.68 million-square-foot tower at 350 Park Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 3:08 PM
BANNED

I hope that 245 Park also is redeveloped soon.

This is one of the worst buildings on Park IMO. It also occupies a full block on Lex, and unlike J Lo, its rear end is disgusting.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Aug 5, 2020 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 1:41 AM
New Yorker for life

The two that will go to make way for this tower...(Tower Fifth would also rise in this view at the other end).

AUGUST 7, 2020

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 2:32 PM

Good riddance to those two mid century turds.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 2:37 PM

I strongly suspect Blackstone will go to 3 Hudson Boulevard. It is designed with large floorplates for financial firms and much like 2 WTC, it has already risen above its foundations. Also, Boston Properties, an owner of 601 Lex, part of their current HQ, will be in their ear for sure.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 2:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
I strongly suspect Blackstone will go to 3 Hudson Boulevard. It is designed with large floorplates for financial firms and much like 2 WTC, it has already risen above its foundations. Also, Boston Properties, an owner of 601 Lex, part of their current HQ, will be in their ear for sure.

All the more reason why 350 makes more sense:

- 3 Hudson will be ready by 2024
- 3 Hudson is located on the west side
- 2 WTC is located Downtown
- 350 Park will be located across the street

Quote:
The project is particularly attractive to Blackstone, sources said, because the site sits catty-corner to the firm’s current headquarters at Rudin Management’s 345 Park Avenue. Between that location and another office at Boston Properties’ 601 Lexington Avenue, Blackstone occupies about 800,000 square feet on leases that expire in 2027.

Leases won't run out until 2027, and Rudin, one of the 350 developers, is a current landlord (they own the building that Blackrock is moving from). 350 Park is scheduled to be completed 2027/28. Vornado is also in position to make 15 Penn happen if 350 is a little too off.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 3:53 PM
BANNED

I really hope that Blackstone goes to 350 Park and that the current design is used.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:27 PM
New Yorker for life

I really like the base of this tower.

Also, let's not underestimate the power of location.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:50 PM
BANNED

I agree. Park Avenue is the corporate power address.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 6:00 PM
New Yorker for life

We are witnessing a rebirth. Ten years from now, we'll be looking back, thinking it couldn't have been any other way.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 1:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Surprisingly good depictions....(for this type)

https://twitter.com/nastycrafting/st...94071059550210

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:05 AM

I love this building design, very unique!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals