HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

Does anyone know when the Lion Ken Gabbey Community Pool on Buckingham will be opening. The Town website still says that they "anticipate" opening in July 2020... and here we are in August.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
Does anyone know when the Lion Ken Gabbey Community Pool on Buckingham will be opening. The Town website still says that they "anticipate" opening in July 2020... and here we are in August.
They probably haven’t opened it because of covid-19. It’s finished but it likely won’t open this summer.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
They probably haven’t opened it because of covid-19. It’s finished but it likely won’t open this summer.
Just announced pool opening August 7th!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGo View Post
Just announced pool opening August 7th!
I’m surprised but that’s fantastic news!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 5:59 PM

I saw a couple of excavators working behind the Coverdale Rec Center near the splash pad. Lots of orange cones and a few workers around the site. Not sure whats going on there.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 2:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
From the agenda for the August Riverview PAC meeting:

Quote:
Chad Blakney on behalf of 717035 NB Inc, 727 Coverdale Road (PID 05038831), Conditional use application to: 1) permit a 32 unit multi-unit building in the Suburban Commercial zone, and 2) to permit a use greater than 1500 square metres within the Suburban Commercial zone (File 20-1095).
No supporting documents as of yet. They will likely show up on the website in the next few days.

This is the lot for sale directly across from the Broadview Power Sports Building at the Riverview Mall, to the west of the former West Side Restaurant which burned last year. Apparently a 32 unit apartment building is planned.
The supporting documents are now available:

Site Plan:

Render:

Nothing special, but also nothing really offensive. It's a pretty generic "Moncton Special" (four storeys, Spitfire styled, surface parking)

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 8:48 PM

There's still a fair amount of vacant land on Coverdale Road that can be developed. Another apartment building across from the Riverview mall of 32 units is planned. Cordova Realty stated that they plan on starting their 73 unit building at 230 Coverdale Rd. this summer.

With the Kensington buildings on Pinewood Rd. now under construction, there's certainly a lot of apartment activity going on in Riverview.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 2:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The proposed changes to the conditional zoning agreement for Dobson Landing have just been approved by Riverview town council:

Quote:
The subject area (south of Gunningsville Boulevard, comprising Dickey Blvd and Tassy Crescent) was re- designated and rezoned in 2015 subject to a conditional zoning agreement (CZA) to permit the development of a mixed-use neighbourhood with a mix of commercial buildings, multi-unit residential buildings, townhouses, and compact single-unit dwelling lots (detached dwellings on lots narrower than the 50 foot wide lots required in the zoning by-law). One of the conditions of that rezoning was that some residential and some commercial development must occur within four years of the registration of the CZA (before January 16, 2019). Though some single-unit dwellings and townhouses were built within this time frame, no commercial development occurred. Therefore, the agreement expired. The developer is now asking for Council to re-adopt the CZA to permit future phases of development.

While the general concept being presented is still in line with what was proposed in 2014, the developer is proposing some changes. In particular, the commercial footprint has been reduced and the number of residential units has increased based on a market assessment. An overall master plan for the development area is included with this report. The number of units is subject to change as the project moves toward the building permit stage, but the area will tentatively include the following:

2015 concept:

- 5 commercial buildings with communal parking
- 35 single-unit dwellings on 40’ wide compact lots
- 64 units in semi-detached and townhouse dwellings
- 156 units across three multi-unit buildings with underground and above ground parking

2020 concept:

- 2 commercial buildings with frontage on Gunningsville Blvd.
- 7 existing + 24 single-unit dwellings on 42’-46’ wide compact lots
- 4 existing + 62 units in semi-detached and townhouse dwellings
- 244 units across three multi-unit buildings (4-5 storeys) with underground and above ground parking

Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The proposed changes to the conditional zoning agreement for Dobson Landing have just been approved by Riverview town council:

With the future of brick & mortar retail uncertain, this is a smart move. In my opinion, they should get the main road built ASAP so they get start selling the lots along there. Unfortunately however, it is not supposed to connect to Pine Glen until phase 3.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2020, 1:40 PM

I haven't checked it out yet but I've heard that they've done a very nice job with the expansion of the Great Canadian dollar store on Pinewood. It does look good from the outside.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I haven't checked it out yet but I've heard that they've done a very nice job with the expansion of the Great Canadian dollar store on Pinewood. It does look good from the outside.
WAS in the other day looks very nice , much more stock and looks like they are bringing in more food items, prob similar to the Dollar store on Coverdale

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

In July Cordova posted a video on their facebook page showing the view from their proposed "The Tides" apartment building at 230 Coverdale Rd. Construction was going to start sometime this summer. I look at the site whenever I drive by but so far nothing has happened. There's a lot of trees and vegetation that would need to be cleared. It's a nice looking project and would be a nice addition to Coverdale Rd.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 3:19 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

One item on the agenda for the September 9th meeting of the Riverview PAC.

Quote:
Dean Hartman on behalf of Mattie Capital Inc., Dickey Blvd (PID 05111059), Conditional use application to permit a four-story multi-unit dwelling with variances to: 1) reduce landscaping requirements on a portion of the lot to permit an underground garage entrance, and 2) reduce the side yard setback from 6m to 5.1m (File 20-1658).
This particular PID corresponds to Lot "D" in the site plan for Dobson Landing. See below:

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
I noticed that the trees on a piece of land on Pine Glen Rd near Berkley have been cleared. There was a submission to the PAC in March by Lepage Holdings and Property Management Group regarding this property. They intend to build a 2 story 14 unit apartment building on the site. A small but nice little in-filling project on vacant land. I would imagine that construction will start soon.
There's been some more land work done on this lot in the last day or two. Looks like they might be getting ready to start construction.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 1:08 PM

KENSINGTON UPDATE

There is a very small crew working on this site.

If I'm a betting man, their goal is to finish the foundation only and then put this project to bed for the colder months.

On a side note, the footprint for building #1 takes up a large chunk of the property. I haven't seen the site layout but I'm having a difficult time imagining where building #2 will be placed.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
KENSINGTON UPDATE

There is a very small crew working on this site.

If I'm a betting man, their goal is to finish the foundation only and then put this project to bed for the colder months.

On a side note, the footprint for building #1 takes up a large chunk of the property. I haven't seen the site layout but I'm having a difficult time imagining where building #2 will be placed.
It's hard to tell by driving by the site, but could they be doing both foundations? It does look like it's quite long.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 3:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
It's hard to tell by driving by the site, but could they be doing both foundations? It does look like it's quite long.
I think you are correct.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
There's been some more land work done on this lot in the last day or two. Looks like they might be getting ready to start construction.
Drove by tonight and there are stakes in the ground. So it does look like they're getting ready to start construction. Too bad it wasn't a bit bigger than the 2 floor 14 unit building they're planning. But at least it's something.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 3:54 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regarding this proposal for Dickey Blvd in Dobson Landing:

Quote:
Dean Hartman on behalf of Mattie Capital Inc., Dickey Blvd (PID 05111059), Conditional use application to permit a four-story multi-unit dwelling with variances to: 1) reduce landscaping requirements on a portion of the lot to permit an underground garage entrance, and 2) reduce the side yard setback from 6m to 5.1m (File 20-1658).
Supporting documents are now available on the Riverview PAC website. The image below shows the west and south elevations of this proposed building:

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:01 AM

The LePage Holdings apartment building on Pine Glen Road has commenced construction. Excavation work has started and the forms for the foundation have been delivered to the site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces