HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 6:55 PM

Television city condos | 109 m | 32 & 32 fl | Under Construction

Television City Condos is a new condo development by Lamb Development Corp. currently in pre-construction at 163 Jackson Street West, Hamilton.

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/television-city-condos

Last edited by davidcappi; Jan 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 7:53 PM

Lamb Development Corp. seem to do pretty good projects at least.
http://www.lambdevcorp.com/

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 8:26 PM
It's Hammer Time

Eagerly await to see the proposal from Lamb. I hope at least the first three or four floors matches the historical building than modern for the rest.

For that area I don't believe there's height limits, there's a lot of commie apartments in the area so hopefully it'll top the surrounding commie buildings and it'll give people's eye something else to look at first.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 9:21 PM

There Is a Toronto centric podcast called urbanize this, where he talked touched on this a few weeks ago.

I sort of question how much demand there is condos like this (with all the other ones being built up), where rents need to be fairly high (for the city), and job growth in the city for people with degrees sort of lacking, even compared to the suburbs of Toronto.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 11:03 PM

Lamb is building a tower on Wellington Street in Toronto that involves moving a heritage home several meters closer to the street, so I'm interested to see the treatment that is used here in regards to the historic home that is rather awkwardly placed on the site.

I'm eager to see the design direction that is taken. Lamb built a building in T.O recently that was inspired by Mid Century architecture.

I expect the Durand Neighbourhood Association to be on this one like a hawk.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 2:30 AM

Between the silver building and the parking lot in the back this lot has a huge footprint, I doubt they will even touch the Heritage part.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 3:38 PM

Horrible name

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 6:00 PM

Lamb has confirmed on twitter that the Project Architect will be Architect's Alliance, out of Toronto.

http://www.architectsalliance.com/

This development will be a game changer for design standards.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 6:38 PM

I love the developer and the architect, so I'm super excited about this project.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:34 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoote View Post
Horrible name
Maybe Hamilton is about to become Canada's production capital for game shows and other shows taped in front of a live studio audience?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 4:42 AM

Hilarious House of Lambinstein

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 8:48 AM

Is it happening? Is this a real thing? Are the big boys finally coming to town?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:

Hamilton is Canada’s Hottest Residential Market - Lamb Development Corp Set to Launch World Class High-Rise This Year!

I have been taking a close look at the city of Hamilton for the last 6 years. I have always seen it as a city ripe with opportunity in its core. Except for Toronto, it has Southern Ontario’s most urban city centre. I revisited Hamilton one year ago and concluded that it now represents the best real estate opportunity in Canada.

House prices have doubled over the last 5 years. Last year, prices increased by 20% in Hamilton. This makes Hamilton the city in Canada with the largest year over year increase in average home prices for 2016. Also last year, the new West Harbour Go Train Station opened for service. Hamilton is now 50ish minutes away from Toronto by commute with an amazing central facility. Downtown Hamilton will be serviced by a LRT line. The population increased by almost 15,000 people over 2016, but that is just the start. Millennials of every stripe have found out about Hamilton. The city’s cool factor is shooting up very quickly. New condos, hotels and retail projects are being announced monthly. Hamilton currently has a population of 775,000 people. It will hit 1.0M by 2030. It is a city on fire.

At completed Toronto Lamb Development Corp. projects we are now seeing resale prices at $750-$1100 PSF. Typically we are averaging $850 PSF or more at Glas, Parc, Theatre Park, King Charlotte and The Brant Park. Realizing this, Lamb Development Corp. has purchased four amazing downtown Hamilton condominium sites. We will be offering Hamilton amazing Lamb Development Corp. product very soon.

Our first site to come to market is the former CHCH Television Studio. Located on one acre smack downtown at 163 Jackson St West. We are getting ready to launch the project in the fall of this year.

“Television City” will offer the same amazing ‘Lamb Standards’, with spectacular architecture by Architects Alliance. We will be doing all this at 35% lower prices than our Toronto projects. Rents in Hamilton are now just 20% lower than Toronto. You can see the opportunity!

Register for Television City at www.TelevisionCity.ca

Price boom spreading beyond Greater Toronto Area: CMHC https://tgam.ca/2jVzvde
- facebook.com/BradJLamb

Last edited by thomax; Feb 7, 2017 at 5:21 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:04 PM
It's Hammer Time

Purchased FOUR sites? Awesome.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:17 PM

I'm anticipating this will be the development that sets a standard for design/finish quality for new builds moving forward. Brad Lamb's buildings have beautiful attention to detail and never seem shoddy or cheap in terms of quality. I stayed in Theatre Park in Toronto and it was a really fascinating building, so I can't wait to see what he and ArchitectsAlliance have cooking for us.

I just really hope the Durand Neighbourhood Association doesn't give them a hard time!

Quote:
Purchased FOUR sites? Awesome.
This is thrilling. Finally we'll get some new builds by quality architects. I wonder what the additional sites are? I wish Mr. Lamb & the city could connect regarding the West Harbour redevelopment.

Last edited by davidcappi; Feb 7, 2017 at 5:33 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:08 PM

50ish minutes to Toronto? Still seems like a good project. Maybe the other sites will be parking lots.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:51 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomax View Post
is the site of that nice old house they were working out of? Why do they have to tear down the old historical buildings to build condos?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Why do they have to tear down the old historical buildings to build condos?
The CHCH house is a listed building and can't be knocked down. I wouldn't be surprised if they move it within the property though, perhaps closer to Jackson Street.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:53 PM
It's Hammer Time

^ It's a protected heritage building by the province so that ain't gonna happen. Plus this is Brad Lamb so I'm pretty confident he'll do a good job.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:56 PM
It's Hammer Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
This is thrilling. Finally we'll get some new builds by quality architects. I wonder what the additional sites are? I wish Mr. Lamb & the city could connect regarding the West Harbour redevelopment.
Last last year (November 2016) council approved the City to go ahead and allow developers to bid on Pier 8 land, so maybe Brad is interested but it can't be one of the sites he purchased.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton