HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 8:31 PM
Proud Homer!

Progress Photos of COCA (Center of Creative Arts) have already been posted HERE by Chris Stritzel

However, here are renderings of this phased $45-million arts facility project.

COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is the fourth largest multidisciplinary community arts center in the country and a national leader in innovative arts education.

Renovated Kuehner West Wing Facilities

Staenberg Performance Lab, a sunlit central studio, rehearsal hall, and performance space restoring the original architecture of Mendelsohn’s sanctuary.

-Dierbergs Kitchen at COCA – a state-of-the-art space to be used for culinary programs in addition to hosting and serving events.

-More than 3500 square feet of renovated multi-disciplinary studio space, including two new dance studios, Peacock Studio and Emerson Studio, and the new Gold Art & Design Studio equipped with tools to foster exploration and creativity.

New Ferring East Wing Facilities

-A state-of-the-art Berges Family Theatre (450 seats) to both meet COCA’s growing performance needs as well as expand opportunities to host local and touring visiting artists.

-4,600 square feet of new multi-disciplinary studio space for COCA’s growing programs, including its nationally accredited programs in dance, theatre, voice, and early childhood.

-New community space – located throughout the project – to create a more hospitable, welcoming second home for COCA’s families and visitors.

-A designated, safe, and accessible drop-off and pick-up configuration offering an alternative to short-term garage and street parking.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 10:15 PM

The first steel beams are going up at the Pennant Building at Ballpark Village. They did a lot today so expect this portion to fly. These were taken on my good camera so if you want to see full resolution, click on the photo.

Then there are other photos with One Cardinal Way and the Loews Hotel, but only two.

Meanwhile, the Element Hotel in Midtown has a crane being erected on site...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 10:54 PM
Proud Homer!

I like the design of the new W. Element Hotel, but I wish it was a bit taller. Maybe 10-12 stories.

Enough already with the frumpy-sized hotels.

Many of the new construction hotels (not renos) are pee-wee league. If there is a dinky-height hotel planned - at least make it sparkle.

I know there are a number of hotels going up in the city and the immediate Central West End area, but Midtown needs "new" height and more sheen.

But other than the height, this is not a bad design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 9:25 PM

The crane, for the above Element Hotel, has been fully erected and makes quite an impact. It can be seen from I-44 before Compton for a split second. It is visible from Grand and Chouteau to Laclede. Here are some photos I took today...

Grand and 64 Exit...

Grand and Forest Park...

Near Circle K...

From Clark and Prospect...

From The Chouteau Building...

There were other locations you can see it, but I didn't stop to take pictures. You can see the crane from Laclede near Humphrey's, Laclede and Vandeventer, Sarah Street in the alley behind New Market Hardware, Sarah and Duncan and IKEA.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 9:01 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

A few recent Twitter updates:

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 8:40 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

MOFO is just about finished up.

Photo posted by Chris Stritzel over at urbanstl: https://www.urbanstl.com/forum/viewt...301225#p301225

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
MOFO is just about finished up.

Photo posted by Chris Stritzel over at urbanstl: https://www.urbanstl.com/forum/viewt...301225#p301225

Those panels you see will eventually age and become orange or "rusty". In the process, they will stain the sidewalk but I hope it turns out good.

Meanwhile, the sister development a block South seems to be poised to start in March. An update featured here...

STORY: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/news/m...01-morgan-ford

Rendering...

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 2:30 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

yeah, can we stop using cor-ten now? especially in the RUST BELT hah. but what an unfortunate choice to use HANGING over new sidewalks!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 3:42 PM
Show me the blueprints

Would have been cool to build the public sidewalk out of rust tone flagstone like this:

_

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Would have been cool to build the public sidewalk out of rust tone flagstone like this:

_
in st. louis we often use this meremac (local river pebble) aggregate sidewalk for both private sidewalks and public, not sure if they are going to use it here as it's often replaced with the plain light colored concrete, but it hides staining well.

buchheitconcrete.com

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 8:13 PM

I'm hoping someone makes a very nice offer on the surface lot adjacent to One Hundred at Kingshighway & Lindell to help create a "wall" along Forest Park's edge.

That lot and the massive lot at Lindell & Euclid are real primetime spots for redevelopment in the CWE.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 2:51 AM

I took a hard hat tour of the Steelcote Lofts project in Midtown today. An early May opening is expected for the 33 unit building.

Lobby was too dark so no photos.

Second Floor

Third floor is in the same state of construction as the second floor, so no photos there.

Fourth Floor

Hallway...

This specific unit is a one bedroom.

Fifth Floor

This is one of the two bi-level units. A hole was cut in the ceiling for stairs to access the bedroom that is right below the Steelcote Sign. The other bi-level unit is next door.

The rooftop.

This will be an amenity deck level for the residents as well as the place where the residents of the bi-level lofts will have their own private patios.

This is the area where the bi-level units will have their patios. They will be Separated by a wall, the same with the AC units. Where I am standing is the second sundeck for the other 31 units.

Other views from the roof. This is the Eastern side now. The private patio and fsecond deck is behind me.

Next up on the redevelopment list...

Ground level

This will be the main entrance area.

This will be a walkway connecting to that other elevated piece of concrete at the end.

This single floor structure had to be entirely tuckpointed again because it was going to collapse.

Rendering...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 2:27 AM

Level on Locust, Indianapolis based TWG's first project in St. Louis, is set to open on March 4th. I got a look inside the highly anticipated project today. Here are a few photos from my tour. The full album of 54 photos can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132292...57706048224665

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 4:56 AM

A nearly $20 million renovation is planned by Silverwest Hotels for this property in Clayton at 7730 Bonhomme. HOK is leading the design process. This renovation will include...
  • Reskinning of the building to make it glassier and cleaner.
  • Removal of covered pool for an outdoor pool deck.
  • New Porte-cochere
  • Complete renovation of the hotel rooms and lobby
My story: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/news/c...er-more-modern

The renderings look good.

Current state of the building.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 3:28 AM

Major new project announced for Clayton. $275M multi tower project with one hotel tower and one condo tower. Either could easily surpass the newly topped out Centene II at 419' as the tallest building in Clayton when complete. Led by HBE Corp. the project encompasses the block between Central, Maryland and Bemiston Aves. No renderings available as of yet. Construction could begin as early as the start of next year.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...5335efa25.html

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 4:42 AM

^^ Exciting stuff!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstl2020 View Post
Major new project announced for Clayton. $275M multi tower project with one hotel tower and one condo tower. Either could easily surpass the newly topped out Centene II at 419' as the tallest building in Clayton when complete. Led by HBE Corp. the project encompasses the block between Central, Maryland and Bemiston Aves. No renderings available as of yet. Construction could begin as early as the start of next year.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...5335efa25.html
I don't think Mr. Fred Kummer is going for the new tallest, but you never know. Depending on design and size, it could be the tallest. One Hundred is 386FT, 36 Floors and costs $130 Million. I think an extra 50FT would do the trick. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 2:44 PM

this is going to be a contentious project. he has urbanists, clayton restaurant goers, AND clayton NIMBYS triggered thanks to the fact that he wants to demolish half of restaurant row like an asshole, blow a hole in an intact row of fine grained pre-war urbanism, AND build a tall tower on the screaming edge of downtown looming over a residential street. he could position a nice tower on the back side of the block that already has some huge gaps and mitigate most of that but i don't think that this guy thinks like that.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 12:01 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 10:29 PM
Proud Homer!

Progress on Washington University's Weil and Jubel Halls (East End Campus Transformation)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations