HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 4, 2014, 1:23 PM

La Aduana

For some years, I have been working on an imaginary city plan. I started drawing the plan in 2D but then I decided to create a 3D model. The evolution has been long, as I have not spent so many time working on it. By now, there is a detailed city plan and a few buildings, that have been placed in the model.

The city is located in a real spot besides the river Duero and consist of three islands bounded by the river itself and a canal. Other two canals divide the three islands.

The oldest part of the city is located in the northeast, occupying the smallest of the three islands. This part was built as a customs area for the freight transport through the river. The Customs building was erected and some other warehouses did too.

Shortly after this part, the city itself was founded and built, with a cathedral and other institutional buildings according to colonial cities.

Then, the industrial area and the modern city were built, from east to west. With this extension, the railway arrived.

The last built part has been the business district, located on the west island. Nevertheless, there is still a big gap between the old city centre and this part, creating an urban growing between this two poles.

I would like to show you detailed information of the city that I have, such a complete history and evolution and urban ordinances, but I will have to prepare it.

Here are some images of the city. I decided to make them conceptual, as I do not want to dedicate too much time working on it.

Here is the city plan. which shows the main ideas of the project.

This is the city transportation map.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup