HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 10:21 PM
Future God

How is it that these four grumpy asshats in one residential building hold so much sway? Who are they, The Avengers?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 9:40 PM

Announced today! Yet another office tower for Sobro. Tishman Speyer is planning a 36 story office tower on the 100 block of Korean Vets Blvd. This is in addition to the modified plan for the 3 tower Centrum project on the Cumulus site. This will be a dense area of downtown. Altogether there will be 11 new towers between 18 and 46 stories along Korean Vets Blvd. Combined with the Nashville yards, Giarratana's residential towers on Church Street and the Endeavor Demonbreum complex, there will be 25 new towers underway very soon. That's the size of a midsize city's whole downtown.

From the Bizjournal: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...velopment.html and https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...nashville.html

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 1:03 AM
Nashville born and raised

Deleted

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 2:14 AM

Well its not been stated yet what kind of tower Tishman wants to build there. All we know is a 36 story tower and that is what Swerdling was going to do.
Frank May has been working on getting some changes made to the lot zoning or consolidation wise, I can’t remember which. My guess it will be a mixed use tower. There is a lot of office space under construction, planned, and rumored right now and with most of the Pinnacle building becoming vacant in the next few years, SoBro is not as appealing as it once was because of all of the rowdy tourist.
Look for more office to be proposed on the East Bank very soon.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Well its not been stated yet what kind of tower Tishman wants to build there. All we know is a 36 story tower and that is what Swerdling was going to do.
Frank May has been working on getting some changes made to the lot zoning or consolidation wise, I can’t remember which. My guess it will be a mixed use tower. There is a lot of office space under construction, planned, and rumored right now and with most of the Pinnacle building becoming vacant in the next few years, SoBro is not as appealing as it once was because of all of the rowdy tourist.
Look for more office to be proposed on the East Bank very soon.
Frank May’s parcels along 2nd/KVB/Hermitage Ave were all consolidated a few months ago, with the stated purpose of the consolidation being to “facilitate a high rise mixed-use development with heights at or above 30 stories.” Would not be surprised to see a Fairmont hotel + residential / retail tower go up here.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:11 AM

The proposal is for 49 stories at 680', a second tallest for the city behind the 750' tall YMCA tower. By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million. Get ready for 30+ tower cranes across the CBD in the next year.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
The proposal is for 49 stories at 680', a second tallest for the city behind the 750' tall YMCA tower. By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million. Get ready for 30+ tower cranes across the CBD in the next year.
What proposal are you referencing? The rumored proposal at 133 KVB or at a different site?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
What proposal are you referencing? The rumored proposal at 133 KVB or at a different site?
Yes

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:00 PM

Delete;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 20, 2021 at 10:22 AM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 4:00 PM

The number of proposed and UC towers around the Yards is about 22, so that is a whole other cluster. Remember there are others in the S. Gulch, Midtown, and East Bank, some of which I can’t talk about.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 4:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
When do you think this will be official?

EDIT; The number of proposed towers in this part of town is incredible. And I can reasonably expect all to be built.
EDIT #2; 133 KVB is where the former Fairmont Hotel was proposed and not where (stupid) Google maps showed me.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 9:00 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million.
In all fairness, Austin's will be more impressive...

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
In all fairness, Austin's will be more impressive...
We'll see! Taller yes, but in sheer number of towers that's going to be a challenge for Austin. I love my former hometown, but it's got competition here. Nashville will have a 750 footer by then too.

I assume you didn't notice I said "under 3 million". Don't you think Austin will be above that by then? OK, maybe not by 2026, but by 2030 definitely.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 10:32 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Again, in all fairness, Austin has just as many (if not more) projects in the pipeline. Also, until ground is turned, I wouldn't be so sure on those taller ones (750' and 680'). It's been a challenge for Nashville to get those off the ground. We'll see...hopefully! I'd love to see that.

As for the 3 million mark - Austin should hit is around 2030 and Nashville in 2047ish (based on average respective growth over the past 10 years).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Again, in all fairness, Austin has just as many (if not more) projects in the pipeline. Also, until ground is turned, I wouldn't be so sure on those taller ones (750' and 680'). It's been a challenge for Nashville to get those off the ground. We'll see...hopefully! I'd love to see that.

As for the 3 million mark - Austin should hit is around 2030 and Nashville in 2047ish (based on average respective growth over the past 10 years).
LOL Someone from my college 'hometown' is challenging me on a comment I made with enthusiastic love for my now 'hometown', but it is what it is. To the bold type... Nashville is a city that's been traditionally 'scared' of height. Nearly all of those tall proposals have been killed by the planning commission. Austin is great and will always be my go-to in the state of my birth Full disclosure: I was born and raised in the Metroplex. Are you from SA?

Austin and Nashville will both be kicking ass in 2025 and 2030. The city planners here are saying Nashville will hit 3 million by 2040. I may still be here. It's been great to me. The only other place I'll consider living in is Austin!

So where in Austin do you live? I haven't been back since before COVID. Due for a return.

I don't doubt you about the number of projects/proposals, but I haven't been able to see a comprehensive list of them. Can you share a link please?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:20 AM

There is no reason for Austin and Nashville to get into a "Who is building the most towers argument." But since asked, this is a list I keep updated in the Austin sub forum:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...05&postcount=6

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:31 AM

I know Austin has a ton of taller towers under construction and proposed than Nashville does and the Austin skyline buries Nashville now.
Just a lot happening there. Me and The ATX have shared on another forum before and he is the man as far as list goes!!!!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:37 AM

After looking at the list The ATX provided I will say the biggest difference is the 3 or so tall tower Austin has UC or planned.

I think the number of high-rises are comparable between the two cities as I have list I can put together that is very similar and will try to post soon. However, there are a few projects that have been proposed with no renderings yet.

Need to talk to you again soon ATX!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 2:42 PM

By my count (there is no formal 'list' that I know of) The Cities are about even in buildings in the pipeline. I based it on my pp slides that I have prepare for every 'pipeline' project in Nashville. I didn't count several that are technically still under construction, but close to opening, so the Nashville count is a little conservative. Austin counts are based on the list of Austin projects published above on the Nashville Development thread.

But, over 400', Nashville had the edge by one, from 300' to 399 Austin had the edge by 3 or four. So both, right now are similar.

I've always said, that if Charlotte is a little like New York City, then Nashville is a little like L. A. And I guess Austin is a little like Houston/Dallas. All great cities, but each with its own character and personality.
'nuff said. Back to Nashville stuff.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 3:14 PM

Belmont University is growing incredibly and marking it's mark as an important University with it's high end expansion.
Two recent projects include the new Fisher Center for the Performing Arts which debuted this weekend in spectacular fashion. It will be perfect for high quality symphonic and opera productions.

This gives Nashville two 'world class' music and performance halls.

Courtesy of Markhollin on Urban Planet;

And now they are building Nashville's third medical school;

These are two important additions to Nashville's growing academic and cultural greatness.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations