HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
No, in those cases you call the company and they send you a coupon to get whatever that thing is for free at the store so that you can participate without spending money. Tim Hortons can give away the cup because it has no product in it, so they're not loosing more than the few cents it costs to make the cup.

There doesn't even have to be a contest to get those coupons, in many cases if you complain about a product they'll send you coupons to make you like them again. Corporations are very desperate. I know a guy who complained about his pizza pops and got a coupon for a free 28-count box of them as an apology from Pillsbury. The downside was, he just ended up with more Pillsbury pizza pops.
The ultimate in stupidity has to be potato chip companies that guarantee freshness. They print on the bags something like... if the product is not fresh please mail uneaten portion to the company for inspection, anyone see the problem with this? besides what lunatic would go through all this hassle over a bag of chips worth $1.25

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 4:48 PM
I am a typical

Old Dutch has a "flavour guarantee". If this chips have no flavour you send them back and they mail you a new pack. I don't know anyone who has done that either.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 4:58 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I once bought this umbrella with a 15 year guarantee (wish it covered getting lost). Plus, that mastercraft saw from Canadian Tired with the 20 year guarantee. Just send product, receipt, packaging to [address] along with [$$$] mucho dollars to cover return shipping and handling,...this if you are lucky to even get the fixed product/replacement (as opposed to rejection on some/any of a billion technicalities).

What about the retard with the broken cellphone that was not a Rogers' customer (i.e., no free replacement for that guy)? A little bit of "Mac vs. PC" there, eh Rog?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2011, 6:01 AM

You would have to pay me to drink the swill that they call "coffee" at tim's. Most people don't seem to notice how bad it is... Maybe because it's hard to taste the actual coffee in a tim's double double, which has the equivalent of like 5 creams and 8 sugars from any other place.

But i have heard from other people that it's become increasingly less common to win anything in roll up the rim the last few years.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:16 PM
The Vomit Bag.

It's baaa-aack. Roll up the rim to get damned coffee drips on my shirt.

postmediacanadadotcom

I am currently zero (wins) for three (trials).

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:26 PM

Last year I decided I'd start trying to buy coffee only when I couldn't help it... My Tim's visits were cut from 2-3 times a week to less than once a month. About two-thirds of the coffees I drink are home-made in a to-go stainless mug now, and the remaining third is generally gotten for free with my Esso Extra points, or with gas (many places will give you a free coffee if you get 25 liters or more)...

So, every time I drink one of those coffees of mine whose rim can't be rolled up, I win at least $1 at Tim Horton's expense. It works.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella View Post
Does anyone find Tim Hortons doubles doubles very inconsistent in proportion depending on location? I loathe when I'm given 3 parts cream and 1 sugar and I've left the store and already on the subway. Seriously, most of the workers are retarded.
Since the double double is loaded to the nuts with cream and sugar at every location, I'd have to say that it's consistent

I used to drink a Tim's once a day, but haven't had one for about a year now. I'm not missing the coffee or the lineups.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 6:14 PM

I much prefer Macdonald's coffee over Tim Hortons coffee, plus the lids are a much better design at Macdonald's. Tim Hortons lids always pop back up or rip.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 6:55 PM

YES!!! Mine said that I get to play again!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 8:01 PM

100 dollar Tim Hortons Gift Card. The Hot Chocolate -I don't drink coffee- was purchased by my brother in law, so I split it with him.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
Since the double double is loaded to the nuts with cream and sugar at every location, I'd have to say that it's consistent
I don't go Tim's as much anymore since Calgary barely has any and is a Starbucks town (YUK!) but when I lived in Halifax I had a list of Timmy's I'd go to and ones I'd avoid because of their screw ups or inconsistencies.

If you are ever in Hali these are hands down the best; Downsview (Sackville), Akerley (Burnside), Windmill (Burnside), Bedford Commons, Sunnyside (Bedford), and the EXTERNAL airport one (on the road to the highway).

On the flip side avoid these things; Young @ Robie (as bad of a line up as the Deerfoot), Wyse Road (drive-thru one), and of course avoid drinking McDonalds or Starbucks coffee because because both are crap!

For me its Second Cup, Tim Hortons, Robins, or something homemade ONLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
I much prefer Macdonald's coffee over Tim Hortons coffee, plus the lids are a much better design at Macdonald's. Tim Hortons lids always pop back up or rip.
Just a tip. On a Tim Hortons cup pop the tab down into the drink. It won't pop back up if you close it again and it won't spill if you hit a pothole while driving.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 9:14 PM

I actually prefer Mcdonalds coffee over tims, but each to their own. I will agree that Second cup is some of the best.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 10:38 PM

Page 1 of this thread

1 for 1 so far. 1 dud, that is.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 11:31 PM
The good old days are now

I usually order tea when I go there. I won a donut. Yay, I guess.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 1:56 AM
User Registered

...Actually I'm 0/0 so far.. Might buy one next week.

Call me a coffee snob but here's my Goldilocks chart:

Timmies- bitter.
Mickidees- burnt.
Starbuck- potent.

I like the stuff from smaller coffee joints like Williams, Timothy's and Second Cup.

I once tried A&W's coffee during a free promotion. It was among the worst I've ever had.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 2:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

0:4

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 2:39 PM

Blasted. Last year I went on an 8-win streak before getting the Please Play Again, this year I'm 0 for 1.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 3:43 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I win every day by not drinking the stuff, and by not patronizing the Wal-Mart of the fast food industry.

Quitting coffee might be the most satisfying decision I've ever made (and I'm a pretty smug person to begin with, so....).

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 3:50 PM
It's Hammer Time

I'll drink anything but Tim Horton's coffee.

FYI, free coffee all next week from McDonald's.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 4:03 PM
Editor

I don't actually mind Tim Horton's, I just don't go there because the line-ups are ridiculous. There's a McDonald's right next the Tim's by my work, and I usually go there instead. Better coffee and no lineups.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada