HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted May 24, 2009, 2:21 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
why are the cars so tiny? they look like little toy trains. are they smaller than muzha trains?
They are really cute trains....I believe that the cars are the same size.

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 6, 2009, 9:56 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

The neihu line opened last Saturday!

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 6, 2009, 9:57 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY TAIPEI WALKER of SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipei Walker
Neihu line opened on Saturday, here are some pictures from Flickr:

current map

source of the pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miranda...7620854190263/

松山機場
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2654/3690916216_ab8a3f8500_b.jpg[IMG]

public art

劍南站

文德站

大湖公園站

南港展覽館站

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 7, 2009, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
They are really cute trains....I believe that the cars are the same size.
then why is the media reporting that all the passengers are complaining the cars are too small and narrow? they do look smaller than the muzha cars.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2009, 7:08 AM

i really like the artwork like this one. awesome!!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2009, 3:05 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
then why is the media reporting that all the passengers are complaining the cars are too small and narrow? they do look smaller than the muzha cars.
I am assuming that the seating configuration is different in the new one. They may be the same model of car but of a different series.

Ex. Vancouver's Mark I
Vancouver's Mark II
Vancouver's Mark II Series 1300&1400

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 7, 2009, 11:21 PM

Wow. This has been under construction for so long that I'd almost given up on ever seeing it finish! I can't wait to ride it, it will make going downtown a lot easier for everyone in Neihu.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 2:20 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

^ the only sad part is that this is one of the busiest corridor and is served by those tiny Bomardier's VAL vehicles rather than heavy metro systems.

I know that they want to intergrate it with the old brown line....but it's simply not enough

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 4:29 PM

i have a question: is the track width of the neihu/muzha line physically narrower than the track width of the other heavy capacity lines? cuz if they are the same width cant they eventually get bigger heavy capacity cars for the muzha/neihu lines?

and why did they build a light rail line for neihu/muzha lines anyway, especially for the neihu section? dont they expect increased passenger ridership? i think this is really shortsighted planning.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 5:30 PM

the original matra cars are being retrofitted now, so the line is nowhere near capacity. when they shorten the interval to 50 seconds, this line will have enough cpacity, especially since two more lines are extending into NE Taipei in the next 5 years. i actually love the fact that we have light rail... very pretty to look at

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 6:59 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
i have a question: is the track width of the neihu/muzha line physically narrower than the track width of the other heavy capacity lines? cuz if they are the same width cant they eventually get bigger heavy capacity cars for the muzha/neihu lines?

and why did they build a light rail line for neihu/muzha lines anyway, especially for the neihu section? dont they expect increased passenger ridership? i think this is really shortsighted planning.

The track width of neihu/muzha line is narrower than the other heavy metro lines in Taipei. Also, it is a different system so you cannont simply re-do the tracks and order the big cars.

They built a light rail line at first because they had chosen Matra's (french company) VAL technology back in 90's (1996 was the year when it was completed). It was more like a demonstration line and they realized the capacity was not enough for the overall ridership. (couldn't build a heavy metro line due to lack of funding...it was orignially going to open in 1991 and delayed till 1996) That's why only this line is a light rail. All the rest of the lines built afterwards used the Japanese conventional metro system...by the company called K..something.

Also, Matra's VAL or the alternative contractor Bombardier (who does the same technology - ALRT or Avanced Light Rapid Transit to be specific)...are both fully automated. Driverless as opposed to drivers-needed conventional metros.

The reason for neihu line to be light rail is because it is simply an extension for muzha line.

It should be simply known as the BROWN LINE. Only that Bombardier did the neihu line.

Still...bravo for Bombardier!

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Last edited by metroXpress; Jul 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 2:05 AM

so can you take a train from xinyi to nangang now? and according to that above map nangang now is connected to 2 lines: brown line which is the above ground light rail line and the underground blue line which goes to xinyi?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 2:59 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
so can you take a train from xinyi to nangang now? and according to that above map nangang now is connected to 2 lines: brown line which is the above ground light rail line and the underground blue line which goes to xinyi?
It is not connect to the blue line at nangang quite yet. I believe that is the next phase for the loop line.

Right now, you can only go up to Taipei Nangang Exhibition Centre and then take the bus to transfer to the Nangang station of blue line (see the bus logo in the above map~)

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 11:57 PM

they should've just built the brown line underground. that way the entire system can be connected. i'm sure they could've gotten the money for it. they got the money to keep expanding the mrt system as well as the high speed rail, afterall.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 1:46 AM
ROF

I think they should have extended the blue line to Neihu and connect the extended Mucha line at the airport or Jiannan/Miramar... and later extend the blue line to Yuanshan.

After taking the line, I got the same impression as taking the Muzha Line. It's not strange at all since Neihu line is simply an extension of Mucha Line. The only good thing about the line is that you get a good view of Taipei. However, it is not MRT's purpose at all ironically. The Taipei CG promised to make the line better than Muzha; however, as for the stations part, I think they are the same, if not worse!

You will be very mad of this project, if you know the process of how it was finalized. The XXX mayor, city council members, and the poll conducted by TVBX paid by the Taipei CG... I blamed on the first one more, since others were just his tools...and now that person is in charge of "larger projects" and "territory".

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 6:19 AM
加油

It is so funny watching the news this week and listening to everyone bitch about the Brown line. People complain that it is to crowded and they have to wait a long time to go to from ZhongXiao FuXing to Neihu. Well, DUH, when a new line opens, everyone and their grandma will want to try it out on the first day. Plus since this is the first line that is servicing Neihu, of course it is going to be packed.

As for some of the questions on this fourm, the reason the Neihu is above ground is because of cost and time. Neihu is one of the last MAJOR district in TPE to get MRT. As ed21x as stated, more lines will service that area in the future. Plus Allen's posts have made a lot of good points.

Tpe has only had the MRT since 1996. So in 13 years they have done a great job on expanding. And in the years to come, more lines will open and TPE or should I say the future New Taipei, 新北市, will be very convenient to get around. Say that new name in Taiwanese and tell me how you like it???

Oh, Mayor Hau is the worst Mayor TPE has every had. He needs to cut the strings off and stop being Pres. Ma puppet. I can't wait for the elections so that we can get a new Mayor, regardless of what party.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 7:11 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyiliang View Post
It is so funny watching the news this week and listening to everyone bitch about the Brown line. People complain that it is to crowded and they have to wait a long time to go to from ZhongXiao FuXing to Neihu. Well, DUH, when a new line opens, everyone and their grandma will want to try it out on the first day. Plus since this is the first line that is servicing Neihu, of course it is going to be packed.

As for some of the questions on this fourm, the reason the Neihu is above ground is because of cost and time. Neihu is one of the last MAJOR district in TPE to get MRT. As ed21x as stated, more lines will service that area in the future. Plus Allen's posts have made a lot of good points.

Tpe has only had the MRT since 1996. So in 13 years they have done a great job on expanding. And in the years to come, more lines will open and TPE or should I say the future New Taipei, 新北市, will be very convenient to get around. Say that new name in Taiwanese and tell me how you like it???

Oh, Mayor Hau is the worst Mayor TPE has every had. He needs to cut the strings off and stop being Pres. Ma puppet. I can't wait for the elections so that we can get a new Mayor, regardless of what party.
Haha LMAO!!!

Isn't that a gambling term in Taiwanese....

I agree with you that they have done a lot in 13 years...bravo Taiwan!
It is just rediculous in Vancouver that they are still finding ways to gain the needed 430 million (CND) each year in order to expand the system. TAXES ARE MULITPLE TIMES HIGHER than Taiwan!

Where does Taiwan get the funding?

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 7:19 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

This is what we've accomplished in 25 years...not including the proposed Evergreen Line.

Red Line is going to open this summer.

Also, we don't even have faregates and smart cards.

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Jul 11, 2009, 1:41 PM

There is some issues happen for Neihu line in last few days. The computer system of this new line hardly convert into old system. I'm not sure what system they use, but I know it is different system with old one. (from news)

Here is recent news.....

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...0/1/1mud5.html
內湖木柵線狀況不斷 郝龍斌:不考慮停駛檢修
更新日期:2009/07/10 20:05
台北捷運內湖木柵線今天(10號)下午,因為斷電導致電腦通訊發生異常,行控中心收不到列車訊號,導致全線停駛,台北市長郝龍斌表示,儘管晚間六點前,內湖木柵線電力已經恢復,不過電腦系統還需要一點時間啟動,木柵內湖線確定今天(10號)晚間全線停駛,明天(11號)上午6點才會恢復營運,針對通車之後,內湖木柵線狀況不斷,郝龍斌表示,短時間內,暫不考慮全面停駛檢修。不過根據了解,目前正值周末前夕下班尖鋒時間,接駁車不敷需求,乘客大排長龍,怨聲載道,捷運周邊更是嚴重塞車。(林麗玉報導)

台北捷運內湖木柵線10號下午3點28分左右,內湖木柵線全線發生斷電,導致電腦通訊異常,行控中心收不到列車訊號,導致全線停駛,而當時有21列列車行駛中,其中還有三列列車在港墘站、中山國中站及大直站周邊,車卡在軌道站與站之間,大約有700人左右,用走的軌道回到月台疏散,引發許多乘客抱怨,甚至民眾走在軌道上,覺得相當危險。

對於10號下午,內湖木柵線再度發生全線斷電停駛,台北市長郝龍斌向民眾道歉,不過對於內湖木柵線通車之後,誤訊號系統異常狀況不斷,郝市長表示,短時間內,沒有全面停駛檢修的打算。

台北市長郝龍斌表示,下午發生斷電之後,內湖木柵線已經在晚間6點之前恢復電力,不過電腦系統需要一點時間啟動,木柵內湖線確定10號晚間全線停駛,11號上午6點才會恢復營運,而為了萬全準備,全線的接駁公車也在同時待命。

Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 1:36 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

^ did they do enough testing before opening the whole line? It is from a different company (Bombardier for Neihu line instead of the original- Matra)

I know that in Vancouver, before the train cars can go into service, they must run as "ghost trains" (trains with no passengers and are driverless and runs and night [still stop at stations]) for 2,000 kilometres as part of their extensive testing before going into active service.

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan