HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Feb 15, 2020, 11:12 PM

It's definitely an Esso, as the pumps are now installed. The underside of the canopy has also been put in. Of course, up on Highbury at Killaly, an Esso station was built several years ago and never opened, and renovated Esso at King Edward and Thompson sat there for more than a year completed before it opened. Esso seems to take forever to open their new stations (except Dundas and VMP, that one opened in record time lol).

Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
It's definitely an Esso, as the pumps are now installed. The underside of the canopy has also been put in. Of course, up on Highbury at Killaly, an Esso station was built several years ago and never opened, and renovated Esso at King Edward and Thompson sat there for more than a year completed before it opened. Esso seems to take forever to open their new stations (except Dundas and VMP, that one opened in record time lol).
Maybe they will wait for the other gas bar to completely fall apart before opening the new one

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 8:13 PM

Looks like they are working on 2nd floor elevator and stairwell shaft as that is covered by a tarp on 3 storey office building. Not sure if concrete block or poured concrete thou.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 PM

Signage for the Esso is finally up as of today, pumps are all installed.
At this pace the gas station will be open by 2021 😂

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 12:58 AM

So the old Esso was showing up on Gas Buddy as next cheapest above Costco briefly tonight, so I went over to fill up. I asked the clerk when they were moving across the road. He said "We aren't, it's someone different running that one, I don't know when it's opening, but we are closing in June". So I guess we can wonder if the new Pioneer will be built on that site and open before the new Esso opens across the road lol.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
So the old Esso was showing up on Gas Buddy as next cheapest above Costco briefly tonight, so I went over to fill up. I asked the clerk when they were moving across the road. He said "We aren't, it's someone different running that one, I don't know when it's opening, but we are closing in June". So I guess we can wonder if the new Pioneer will be built on that site and open before the new Esso opens across the road lol.
Seriously? That is strange I sort of figured they had a lease on the building or something and with the new station being an Esso there was not real rush to open it.
I will miss that little hole in the wall

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 2:50 PM

3rd floor slab installed and concrete block nearly done for elevator and stairwell shaft. External wall panel installation started on 1st floor as well of office building.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 2:38 PM

Roofing steel now done on office building as is the elevator and stairwell concrete block shaft.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 4:08 PM

Exterior shell of the 3 storey office building is progressing.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 9:53 PM

It's gonna suck if that Timmy's ever gets busy lol. I don't think I've gone to the Byron Timmy's 5 times since the West 5 one opened.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 2:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I stopped going to Tim Horton's two years ago. I haven't missed their watered-down coffee and lousy never-fresh but once-frozen donuts. Tim Hortons is a real mystery to me. The food is absolutely atrocious (even worse since being bought by a faceless, cost-cutting Brazilian holding company) but there are always lineups of pickup trucks in the drive through. It is cheap, but you really get what you pay for: utter crap food.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 3:41 AM

Top coat was paved in the parking lot of the gas station, and the store is all stocked up, pumps are on, should be opening any day. Car wash ironically isn't done, even though it was the first part of that station that was started last year. The store looks to be taking up only half of the interior space of the building, with nothing looking under construction on the west side of that building yet.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 3:51 PM

So we've commented a few times at how slow this project is going. The convenience store was started over a year ago. A year ago this week, in comparison, both 515 Richmond and 40 York were at about 8 or 9 floors up lol. And we've also commented on how slow York has been at their 545 Fanshawe project. I wonder what we will able to say a year from now about 131 King, or the build beside the Bostwick YMCA. Or indeed what we will still be saying about this commercial plaza.

Old Posted May 24, 2020, 2:23 PM

New Esso isn't open yet, but the old one across the road has been closed for a couple days now. Wonder if the new Wendy's and Pioneer are going to get started soon or if that's going to drag on.

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 6:40 PM

Quote:
New Esso isn't open yet, but the old one across the road has been closed for a couple days now. Wonder if the new Wendy's and Pioneer are going to get started soon or if that's going to drag on.
The old Esso has been closed since the first week of May, they just recently this week spray painted all of the Esso markings for some reason.

The new Esso has a sign up as of yesterday saying "car wash open soon" not sure what that means for the gas station but as you say this is just ridiculously slow speed, especially for what will become a very busy gas station there wont be a lack of customers.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 3:12 PM

Drove by Thursday and noticed the gas station and store were open.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 3:17 PM

Not sure the proposal for the old gas station site has got thru City approval. Could be a while before we see the old tanks dug up and site cleared to move ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
The old Esso has been closed since the first week of May, they just recently this week spray painted all of the Esso markings for some reason.

The new Esso has a sign up as of yesterday saying "car wash open soon" not sure what that means for the gas station but as you say this is just ridiculously slow speed, especially for what will become a very busy gas station there wont be a lack of customers.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 9:23 PM

Stopped in to the new Esso for gas today and chatted briefly with the manager. He said there wasn't any firm plan for the empty space in the store building yet, hoping to get some kind of food place in there. Another older couple was in and mentioned the old Esso across the road. He said he wasn't involved over there and wasn't sure why it closed. I mentioned the plans I had read about for the Pioneer and Wendy's and he didn't seem to know anything about it. Hopefully a Wendy's counter wasn't in his plans for his store lol. He mentioned the car wash would be ready in a couple weeks. His plan was to have it all done at the same time, but with Covid delays, the car wash fell behind and he needed to get making some money.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 10:45 AM

Noticed earlier in the week that they have started putting glass on the office building.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 1:14 PM

The 3 story office building is definitely nearing completion. Question is who will lease space? Siftons 4 story across the road still appears to be empty nearly a year after completion. Given the current pandemic and office space trends will any of these office buildings have tenants?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates