HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 12:47 PM
User Registered

Why are we still using glass? Have we not used our lesson yet?

Maybe use an acrylic or something instead?

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 5:31 PM

it really is disgusting. wish they would catch them.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 2:19 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Hi Pat Finelli here at Cardboard Cardboard. Imagine two loaded Cardboard Cardboards, with stale crust, expired vegetables, and mystery meat. Add three cans of pop and a pound-bucket of rancid wings...all this for only $25.99, only at Carboard Cardboard. 637-11-11!!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Now I wanna eat cardboard.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 3:39 PM
User Registered

Is that a reference to Pizza Pizza or Pizza Nova?

Pizza Pizza is my absolute least favorite pizza chain. Cardboard indeed

Pizza Nova I had once and I thought it was half-decent. However their dough was half-cooked, so will ask it extra-done next time I order (if I ever do)

Say what you want about Stobies, I absolutely love their pizza, and not just at 2am when the bars close. Their sauce is excellent, and whatever cheese / cheese blend they use is absolutely fantastic on a pizza. Pretty expensive though, even with sales.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 4:13 PM

I've never had Pizza Nova, but they have the best radio music on their commercials lol.

Guzzle was the best "after bars closed" pizza back in the 90's. Wish they were still around.

Not a fan of any of the chains really. Little Caesars is ok for quick and cheap cardboard, and they are practically next door so they are convenient. I think I prefer Dominos out of the chains, but overall when we do pizza Fridays, we get Byron Pizza.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 6:14 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Is that a reference to Pizza Pizza or Pizza Nova?

Pizza Pizza is my absolute least favorite pizza chain. Cardboard indeed

Pizza Nova I had once and I thought it was half-decent. However their dough was half-cooked, so will ask it extra-done next time I order (if I ever do)

Say what you want about Stobies, I absolutely love their pizza, and not just at 2am when the bars close. Their sauce is excellent, and whatever cheese / cheese blend they use is absolutely fantastic on a pizza. Pretty expensive though, even with sales.

Pizza Pizza. Pat Finelli was the voice of the company until quite recently. I've never understood why Cardboard Cardboard is so popular in Ontario. Shitty pizza, shitty service, and awful advertising.

Some places offer hot-lamped slices to go that might have been fresh when Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 6:15 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Byron Pizza is very good. Locally I usually got Flying Tomato pizza, but sadly they closed last month. I have heard good things about Frank & Gus. Stobies is also good.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 1:08 PM

This would be good for our venue's. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mercede...inkId=63150708

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 10:46 PM
User Registered

God Dam BMW drivers.

I got cut off by 3 of them on my way home from work today. Two required quick reactions on my end to avoid a collision.

I use a driving app that gives me a hefty insurance discount if I drive like a grandma. The heavy braking & swerving today will affect my score. Idiots.

End rant.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 4:36 PM
User Registered

Someone on reddit sketched a possible interchange at Wellington & Commissioners

https://www.reddit.com/r/londonontar...could_do_this/

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 5:27 PM

I wonder how much it would cost to build something like that

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
God Dam BMW drivers.

I got cut off by 3 of them on my way home from work today. Two required quick reactions on my end to avoid a collision.

I use a driving app that gives me a hefty insurance discount if I drive like a grandma. The heavy braking & swerving today will affect my score. Idiots.

End rant.
How bad is your insurance that you need an app? I've only been driving for 3 years with insurance and I'm only paying $138, I don't understand why everyone else complains about it.. I use Bel-Air too, they're awesome! I have had my insurance lowered every single year.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2022, 3:37 AM

Very random question, but do new apartment buildings here still skip number 13 when numbering the floors? The apartment building I used to live in for many years (built in 1990), skipped it so I wasn't sure if this was still a thing, lol.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 2:46 PM

I lived in a building built circa 2005 and it still skipped the 13th floor. Far as I know, it's still a thing. But c'mon man... People on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 6:40 PM

I'm in a new building and it has a 13th floor

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 12:01 AM

It all depends on the people who built the building, I guess. I service many apartments in London and surrounding areas, and many from all ages have a 13th floor or don't have a 13th floor. Also, some buildings skip unit 13 on each floor and others don't.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 12:08 AM

I was looking around the west end of the city on Google Maps, and I noticed that there is a random subdivision just off of Woodhull Road, which is a rural road within city limits, south of Oxford St. Despite this, the subdivision is outside of the urban growth boundary. When looking on streetview, the majority of the houses (or mansions I should say lol) look new, likely built within the last 5 to 10 years, so it's not like they were there when the city annexed the lands from the township.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the backstory to this.

Streetview link: https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.96159...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 12:32 AM

I believe the Landlord owned this land and parceled it up into executive lots for custom home builders. They where build between 10-5 years ago. Street names starting with Kilgorman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTalk View Post
I was looking around the west end of the city on Google Maps, and I noticed that there is a random subdivision just off of Woodhull Road, which is a rural road within city limits, south of Oxford St. Despite this, the subdivision is outside of the urban growth boundary. When looking on streetview, the majority of the houses (or mansions I should say lol) look new, likely built within the last 5 to 10 years, so it's not like they were there when the city annexed the lands from the township.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the backstory to this.

Streetview link: https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.96159...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 5:33 PM

Holy Roller tank defaced.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...ly-roller-tank

Hopefully they hurry to install webcam security cameras with night vision and complete coverage of the tank site so future criminals can be identified and charged. Having the live webcam feed would be a great addition as many enjoy viewing webcams from around the world as a tourism and marketing tool.

http://www.londonwebcams.ca/

Imbeciles like this need to be named and shamed publicly for all to see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation