HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 1:59 AM
User Registered

London Ontario in SimCity 4 / Cities: Skylines

Yes it's true. You can download the Forest City for Simcity 4.

Link here:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/fil...ondon-ontario/

There's also a version that's twice as big as it should be (it makes the river/terrain more realistic in the game)
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/fil...ondon-ontario/

You can also download One London Place: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/fil...n-place-fixed/

My Simcity Stuff

Last edited by haljackey; Mar 16, 2015 at 1:52 AM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 4:49 PM
Torontonian Refugee

This looks neat, I once tried to make an accurate London map in Sim City 3000 but got the street layout all wrong. In Sim City 4 I made a city called "Londinium", which ended up looking a lot more like Chatham terrain and street-wise. Population peaked at around 110,000 and no matter how hard I tried it just stayed put. Stagnant for about 20 in-game years now

Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 6:55 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

That's cool! I never really got into Sim City too much. Our family used to have the original (which I never played) and Sim City 3000, which I found to be very frustrating when I played. The zoned areas never seemed to develop, I could never figure out how to build expressways, and I found the whole thing to be too inaccurate for my liking (aliens, really? I guess I'm just no fun!). I'd always been into creating maps of cities by hand, and I still do, just because I personally find it more enjoyable. That's not to say that Sim City isn't a great game, so perhaps I'll try it again someday.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 9:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Played a Sim City 4 game for 3 years. Population? A cool 19 million. Then, bang, crash. I was more than a little pissed off to have my game hang upon loading. Same thing for CIV 5 once I got passed a certain size.

I won't play these erstwhile dearly beloved games any more. too damned buggy. and I hate "steam"
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 12:30 AM

I once attempted to create London in SimCity 2000, but it failed miserably. Most of the land never developed, and the land that did develop ended up becoming abandoned buildings!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 12:42 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I once attempted to create London in SimCity 2000, but it failed miserably. Most of the land never developed, and the land that did develop ended up becoming abandoned buildings!
A faithful replica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Played a Sim City 4 game for 3 years. Population? A cool 19 million.
May I ask, how the hell did you get a city up to 19 million people? I thought the maximum population was theoretically about 1,000,000. I think my largest was about 390,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Then, bang, crash. I was more than a little pissed off to have my game hang upon loading. Same thing for CIV 5 once I got passed a certain size.

I won't play these erstwhile dearly beloved games any more. too damned buggy. and I hate "steam"
The bugginess was what killed SC4 for me. A really fantastic game marred by poor programming. It eventually annoyed me so much I ended up going back to Sim City 3000, which is personally my favourite in the series. By the way, Steam actually isn't so bad compared to some other systems in use (Battle.net 2.0, I'm looking square at you).

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 1:52 AM
User Registered

Huge bump, but the Forest City is now available for Cities: Skylines:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=408732038

Game hasn't even been out for a week yet and it's already there. Crazy!

I'm also doing a playthrough of the game if interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...p2UTlg9-MwucVs

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 2:58 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Huge bump, but the Forest City is now available for Cities: Skylines
What is this game, and how have I not heard about it?? Looks like Sim City came back from the dead. Shame it had to happen when free time has become scarce for me.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 3:20 AM
Sanity merchant

It's so much better. Bit of a learning curve, but it's what Simcity should have been, but wasn't

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 5:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I need to buy time before I buy this game. Where can I get some time, alas?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation