HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 5:42 PM

What is the highest point in HRM?

Anybody know this answer?

I'm kind of curious including structure I think it's the top of the Geizer's Hill transmitter.

But kind of curious what the highest inhabitable spot is as well

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 5:48 PM

My first guesses for highest inhabitable place would be the new highrises between Mount Royale and Bayer's Lake, or the highrise at the top of Cowie Hill. I'd have to look at a topographic map though - inland areas like Sackville and Fall River could be much higher above sea level due to the gradual slope toward the interior - not sure.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 6:14 PM

I found a topo and it seems Milne Dr in Beaverbank is 222m at one point and there is a structure at 218m where Milne meets Neil Peters Rd

the top of the Geizers transmitter ~208m

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxRetales View Post
I found a topo and it seems Milne Dr in Beaverbank is 222m at one point and there is a structure at 218m where Milne meets Neil Peters Rd

the top of the Geizers transmitter ~208m
That is barely in HRM, almost in East Hants I believe.

That structure is likely the old abandoned radar base. That is a very bizarre area. A senior's home plunked down nearby in the middle of nowhere amidst all sorts of abandoned DND (?) buildings. Looks like someplace out of the old Soviet Union.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
That is barely in HRM, almost in East Hants I believe.

That structure is likely the old abandoned radar base. That is a very bizarre area. A senior's home plunked down nearby in the middle of nowhere amidst all sorts of abandoned DND (?) buildings. Looks like someplace out of the old Soviet Union.
Holly crap that place is depressing. If my future children ever stick me in a place like that I'm writing them all out of the will.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 1:10 AM

Right at the northern boundary of HRM at College Lake (Musquodoboit Valley) there is a hill that gets up to 240m. The boundary runs right through it though so no guarantee the peak is in Halifax.

Rosemary Drive, Middle Sackville gets up to 160m which would be the highest point in the exurban area. Geizer Hill tops out at 149m in Mount Royale for the urban area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General