HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 PM

Clearly, all that infrastructure needs to be ripped out and a roundabout installed!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 1:41 AM

Cherubini Crane coming down today by me:

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Clearly, all that infrastructure needs to be ripped out and a roundabout installed!
Indeed!

Old Posted May 8, 2015, 1:47 AM

Work on the new clubhouse at the Dartmouth Yacht Club is scheduled to begin this summer, with a turnover of May 1st, 2016. No renderings at this point, I've only seen a site plan, it'll be much closer to the water than the current clubhouse.

Old Posted May 9, 2015, 10:50 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Construction has started up again on the Wright and Burnside Campus. I'll be damned if I could find the site map but it is at the back corner opposite of the intersection on Wright and Burnside. They were moving earth last Thurs and Fri.

Old Posted May 9, 2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
Construction has started up again on the Wright and Burnside Campus. I'll be damned if I could find the site map but it is at the back corner opposite of the intersection on Wright and Burnside. They were moving earth last Thurs and Fri.
It'll be pretty much identical to the first building.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligonian88 View Post
Work on the new clubhouse at the Dartmouth Yacht Club is scheduled to begin this summer, with a turnover of May 1st, 2016. No renderings at this point, I've only seen a site plan, it'll be much closer to the water than the current clubhouse.
Plans look nice. I can see if I can scan a set and post up. Not much to them as it is almost a design build

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 12:12 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

I'm getting annoyed with all of the Burnside expansion toward Dartmouth Crossing. One, I thought this are was going to be residential. Two, why is there such a need for vast sprawl when there are so many empty lots on Wright and Akerley? Please developers, use buildings we already have before creating
a future wasteland.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I'm getting annoyed with all of the Burnside expansion toward Dartmouth Crossing. One, I thought this are was going to be residential. Two, why is there such a need for vast sprawl when there are so many empty lots on Wright and Akerley? Please developers, use buildings we already have before creating
a future wasteland.
HRM is solely responsible for creating this expansion and are directly competing with the private sector in the process. They hold private sector to higher standards, then do it on the cheap themselves to make sales.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 1:04 PM

Quote:
a future wasteland.
I agree. HRM should suspend development on those lots and perhaps provide incentives for building owners in the older section to replace some of the aging structures in that area. There seems to be a lot of really sketchy buildings around Burnside that are at or near the end of their useful life IMHO.

I think that the new section near DC should be kept in reserve for now, as trends and needs will likely change in the future.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 7:56 PM

Burnside Phase 12-6 will be underway in the coming months. This is the last expansion phase within the current Burnside boundaries. There is a map in the link below but it basically fills in the area between Wilkinson, Wright & Dartmouth Crossing (near Ikea).

http://www.halifax.ca/council/agenda...1004ca1411.pdf

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 6:31 PM

Does anyone know what that new building is at the top of Waterfield ct?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:45 PM

The long-awaited review of the Burnside zoning plan is before the Harbour East and Marine Drive Community Council next week. Basically:

three new zones are created:
Business Park, for suburban style office development in the City of Lakes business park;
Commericial Industrial: For small lot commercial and light industrial uses along major streets (Burnside Drive, Akerley Boulevard, Wright Avenue,
Commodore Drive, Isley Avenue);
Burnside General Industrial: for large lot light and heavy industrial uses, and commercial uses that support industrial uses

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 10:06 PM

Appears that Amazon may have bought 180 Thornhill and is planning a warehouse/distribution center to operate from that location. There is both a renovation & demolition permit, I wonder what they plan to do, if they will demolish the back or front building to build and expansion or what.

https://huddle.today/looks-like-amaz...use-dartmouth/

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 3:33 AM

The tender for earthwork and road construction for Burnside Phase 13-1 has been released. This is the lands to the north of Highway 107 (Burnside Expressway project) accessed from the new (partially opened) Highway 107 / Akerley Blvd interchange.

Request for Tender- Burnside Business Park- Phase 13-1

Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 4:27 PM
Cap the Cut!

A few pics of a new build on Akerley Blvd. There are so many old and ugly buildings in the older parts of Burnside so it's nice to see something decent looking being built. Hopefully there will be some effort put into landscaping.

20220807_120557_HDR by AJ Forsythe, on Flickr

20220807_120536_HDR by AJ Forsythe, on Flickr

20220807_120459 by AJ Forsythe, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 20, 2023, 3:10 PM

Demolition permit has been submitted for CIRCLE K / IRVING GAS AT 626 WINDMILL ROAD (at Wright Ave). This is a very visible location. It could just be a full teardown and rebuild or larger since I believe Irving owns adjacent lots as well.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 12:31 AM
Cap the Cut!

I recall hearing rumour some years back that Irving was going to put a Big Stop at that location. Seems like an excellent spot for one.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 1:24 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrdeeharharharbour View Post
I recall hearing rumour some years back that Irving was going to put a Big Stop at that location. Seems like an excellent spot for one.
That's what I remember as well. I feel like it was supposed to have started prior to Covid times, and perhaps was delayed a few years because of it.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 1:46 PM

Can't post them, but looking at plans now for new Irving. Building is half "Food Hall" and half "Circle K", so not a Big Stop likely due to space limitations. Parking lot on the Wright Ave side. One 6-pump island floating in the middle, trucks only in a space behind the building. Car wash proposed as well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs