HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 6:32 PM

PORTLAND | Pearl District Post Office | Two Towers | 970 & ?? FT

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._firm_pro.html

Its in the Pearl district, on the central post office site which will be demolished and relocated. Originally it was also thought this site might be used for a ML baseball stadium. Be nice to see these towers built but don't think it will happen. Probably the west hillers will be to up in arms, blocking their precious views to the east.

Last edited by Urbannizer; Nov 15, 2017 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 7:55 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

From the article, it seems like an architecture firm's vision, and not a real proposal with a developer backing it. But I dig the design!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
From the article, it seems like an architecture firm's vision, and not a real proposal with a developer backing it. But I dig the design!
Yeah, "vision". Guess you are right. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place or erroneous place. Maybe the Mods can help me out

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 10:22 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Personally I'm fine to keep it here until something more substantial is proposed for this property, which sounds like that may happen at some point down the road.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 12:17 AM
Fake News

Wowza!!! I like it.

Would this be a new tallest for Portland?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 2:08 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

I hope it gets built or something else of similar size there. If you are going to create an area that allows for potentially ANY height of building which they did, make sure developers take them up on the offer!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 10:34 PM

https://archpaper.com/2018/03/portla...als-finalists/

Quote:
An eye-catching proposal for a pair of interlinked skyscrapers that would have reshaped Portland’s skyline won’t be realized after all. While renderings of the twin towers from William Kaven Architecture (WKA) captured the internet’s attention when they were released earlier last month, economic redevelopment agency Prosper Portland’s three chosen finalists for the downtown post office site leaves the towers off their list.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects