HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 9:13 PM
Show me the blueprints

That doesnt really mean anything. They have an enormous amount of collateral. Most banks would grant a line of credit if it came to that.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 3:43 AM

Funny comment from YouTube

Quote:
Me and my guys poured lots of concrete there, I called this before it opened. People use amazon and online now, malls have been closing everywhere previously. This was a horrible idea from the beginning. At least blue collar folk such as myself made a living off the project during construction. Heck, they’ll have to pay guys like us to tear it down too.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 4:02 AM
Show me the blueprints

A pretty stupid comment. High end retail and other "experiences" like food and entertainment will always have a brick and mortar presence. This project has been hit on all sides since the shovel hit the dirt. Aside from the fact I personally think it's a stupid location to build a high end destination shopping and entertainment supermall, I think things will level out and look brighter once we fully come out of the pandemic and all the other economic disturbances. I hope that is sooner than later.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 5:32 PM

I think the experiences part of it may work. Indoor ski park and all.

I just never understood the retail component in general. It's like that silly Woodberry Commons bus that preys on tourists. It leaves the PABT to some distant ass suburb. If you're in Manhattan with everything at your fingertips, why the hell are you getting on a bus to go an hour out of town to shop at a suburban mall not unlike the one that already exists in the shitty suburb they're visiting from. The exact same products and selection, if not better, can be found without ever leaving Manhattan.

Absolutely incredible to me that anyone wood use this service, but yet there it is. I view the American Dream retail the same way. I'm a free market guy so there is obviously demand and profits are being made. I just don't understand why people do it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development