HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 8:14 AM
=)

nice!

Stop building out, start building up, BUT DO IT RIGHT the first time....so we dont have to come back and fix our mistakes 50 years from now.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 7:41 AM
low life in a tall place

The cladding looks quite interesting on that no-name glass box. Is it the new Beijing WTC that has a similar facade?

I think you need to pay a visit to the areas around Sichuan Rd. too, giallo. It's a nice place overall (there are some nice camera shops there btw), but remember I told you about having seen a construction site for a tower there?
I'd love to check it out myself, but I'm not a 25 RMB taxi ride from there anymore..

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 4:32 PM

List of all skyscrapers of 200 meter or more, built, UC, approved and proposed in Shanghai, made by zOrg.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2008, 5:17 PM
low life in a tall place

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Bund CITIC City, 240m, 47 floors. Located at Sichuan Bei Lu. New renders:

Giallo,
I'm pretty sure this is the one I spotted an evening in this area, on Sichuan Rd.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 4:40 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

That's a nice project ^^

Anyways, can we please get a list of all the projects on the first post. And renders. I'd like to see everything in one place. Easy to view. Shanghai is a very organized city. Not so much in the Shanghai Compilation Thread.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2008, 2:18 PM
low life in a tall place

Time for a new supertall it seems, in Shui On's (Rui'An in mandarin) new Xintiandi II development. Construction to start before the end of the year, according to the developer.

A model of the area. The design is only conceptual at this stage.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_364209.htm
Quote:
It's bloom time in architecture
By Li Xinran | 2008-6-23 | NEWSPAPER EDITION

JUST when you thought that Shanghai could not possibly become more architecturally state of the art, a company comes up with a trump card.

Picture a 68-story building in the shape of the bud of the city's floral emblem, the magnolia. Add to that a Broadway-style theater, an international hospital, an exhibition center and the only international school in the downtown area.

But wait, there's more.

The new will meet the old at ground level where shikumen, or stone-gate houses, will line traditional alleyways that will also incorporate fashion stores, museums and cafes.

Shui On Land Ltd developed the city's Xintiandi with the same old-meets-new theme. The 68-story project will be Xintiandi's sister ... Xintiandi's very big sister.

The Hong Kong-listed Shui On plans to complete Xintiandi II in the Taiping Lake area in the next seven to 10 years, directly opposite its smaller namesake.

The new skyscraper will stand near the business area of Xizang Road M. and construction is expected to begin before the end of the year, Shui On says.

The stone-gate alleys along Dongtai Road will be restored to their original splendor and incorporate antique stores and small museums, according to Shui On officials.

The 52-hectare project to rebuild the Taiping Lake area is expected to become part of a secondary central business district. Two six-star hotels - the Jumeirah and the Conrad - are already earmarked to be opened in the area in November.

Shui On also unveiled a new wishing fountain in the northern part of Xintiandi over the weekend.

The fountain, designed by Chinese-Dutch sculptress Wu Jingru, features images of three traditional Chinese gods "Fu," "Lu" and "Shou" - signifying luck, fortune and health.

Wu said the three bronze sculptures, each more than two meters tall, are a fusion of traditional Chinese beliefs and a Western fountain.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
low life in a tall place

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article...980&type=Metro
Quote:
Disneyland in Pudong a 'done deal'

Source: Shanghai Daily | 2008-6-29 | NEWSPAPER EDITION

YEARS of negotiations between the Shanghai government and Walt Disney Co appear to have clinched a deal for a huge Disneyland to be built in Pudong.

The official announcement is expected to be made after the Beijing Olympics in August.

An exclusive report published by the Hong Kong-based Wen Wei Po newspaper yesterday said the park will cover about 10 square kilometers of land - about eight times the size of Hong Kong Disneyland.

It will be near Pudong's Chuansha Town, about 20 minutes' drive from Pudong International Airport.

Earlier media reports had said the Shanghai government preferred it to be built on the city's island county Chongming.

Yesterday's report quoted unnamed people involved in the discussion, saying Shanghai Disneyland won't follow the Hong Kong model, in which the Hong Kong government leased the land to Disney.

The Shanghai government will provide the land, finance construction, and own the majority stake in the park, the report said.

Management rights will be given to Disney, which will also get royalties and a percentage of operational income.

The report said the park will open "at the earliest possible time" in 2012, when about one-third of the park will be completed.

"Considering inflation, the budget to build the park, excluding the land cost, should rise to about 40 billion yuan (US$5.7 billion), from the earlier estimate of 30 billion yuan," an unnamed "expert involved in the appraisal of the project" was quoted as saying.

In March, Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng said the local government had applied to the central government to build a Disneyland.

It would be the third Disneyland in Asia after Japan and Hong Kong.

Walt Disney Co signed a statement of intent to build a Disneyland on the Chinese mainland in 2002, and then set up a venture to develop it.

The plan was put on hold because of concerns that the Hong Kong park, opened in 2005, would suffer.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 7:14 PM
low life in a tall place

Sanzhi Tower, aka Great Wall Mansion, aka Zhenrufu Center.

July 3rd.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
low life in a tall place

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_365500.htm
Quote:
Building lights may be used to issue weather alerts

By Yang Lifei | 2008-7-3 | ONLINE EDITION

SHANGHAI is planning to release weather information by changing the color of lights on some landmark buildings, the Oriental Morning Post reported today.

Meteorological departments are working with some district governments including Xuhui and Baoshan to promote the weather warnings with lighting, Tang Xu, director of the Shanghai Meteorological Bureau, told the newspaper.

Tang said they would make use of some skyscrapers such as the Grand Gateway in Xujiahui, Xuhui. Its rooftop lighting is bright and can be seen in the distance.

``The white lights can be changed into other colors matching the weather warning alerts such as blue, yellow, orange and red. Different colors indicate the weather will change,'' the director told the newspaper.

However, the plan is considered only as another way to provide weather forecasts to the public. Media reports, LED boards, SMS messages, the weather hotline and the Website www.soweather.com/pubweb/ will still be the primary ways for residents to get forecasts, the report said.

Tang added that the city meteorological departments were trying hard to have weather forecasts displayed on all 25,000 public LED boards throughout the city in the near future.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2008, 9:14 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

I like that idea. Now you can just look up and see how the weather will be instead of finding it over a computer or a tv.

Anyways, I don't like that there's going to be a Disneyland in Pudong. I actually don't like the idea of a Disneyland in Shanghai. Six Flags should get the plot.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2008, 1:53 AM
Crisp and Squishy

^
I think it's a huge waste of money and resources to build yet another, dime-a-dozen, corporate theme park. If they want a theme park that badly, they should build something unique and original--that you can't already find on every other continent.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2008, 9:17 PM
low life in a tall place

I walked past the Xintiandi II site tonight and it already has huge renderings of the new supertall on the fence surrounding the plot. I wish I had taken a photo of it, but I'll do it next time.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2008, 2:05 AM
Crisp and Squishy

^
Haha...I also did the same last week. I had my camera with me and spent probably an entire minute or so debating whether or not to take a picture of it. In the end, I was too lazy to take out my camera.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2008, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Zombie® View Post
^
Haha...I also did the same last week. I had my camera with me and spent probably an entire minute or so debating whether or not to take a picture of it. In the end, I was too lazy to take out my camera.
Yo should be banned forever

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 6:01 PM
low life in a tall place

No worries guys. Here it is:

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:24 AM
low life in a tall place

Some updates (July 21st);

130 Building, close to the train station;

Cladding has started on the BM Plaza (looks similar to the Wheelock Sq. cladding);

Yunian International Commerce Tower (better translation anyone?) next to the BM Plaza plot;

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
No worries guys. Here it is:

I like it.
It looks like a new version of Parkhaven in Rotterdam.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 7:04 PM
low life in a tall place

Some new ones for you guys (pics taken July 22nd)...

This is what's going up on Huaihai Zhong Lu (Near Shanxi Nan Lu) where the old Silk Market was situated.

The tallest looks like it's going to be about 40 stories or taller, over 200m?

Site today,

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 7:05 PM
low life in a tall place

The area on and around Sichuan (North) Road close to the North Bund area is booming like crazy. Four pretty tall towers are under construction very close to each other along this road.

Furthest south is the CITIC Plaza, 240m, 47fl;

The next tower is the Shanghai International Capital Plaza (no height info);

Next one is the Rose Plaza;

The "last one" (as far as I went today, that is) is a tower that I don't know the name of.

That's all for today. I think it is safe to say that Shanghai is booming like crazy ("again")

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 3:20 PM
low life in a tall place

Jia Jie International Tower, July 23;

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations