HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

W Philadelphia & Element Philadelphia Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 2:48 PM
Future World Dictator

Had the opportunity to check out some of the rooms and views recently and the views are really fantastic.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2021, 4:46 PM

Old Posted Aug 8, 2021, 4:43 AM

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 8:29 PM

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 9:05 PM
Chris

If anyone has Instagram, W Hotels posted today about the upcoming opening of the W Philadelphia. And if you swipe up they have a nice writeup about the city, areas to visit, food, art, etc.

You can also Google W Hotels Instagram to see the post.

I am excited to visit the hotel this fall!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 2:33 PM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
If anyone has Instagram, W Hotels posted today about the upcoming opening of the W Philadelphia. And if you swipe up they have a nice writeup about the city, areas to visit, food, art, etc.

I got to take a tour of the hotel a few weeks ago (checked it out as a venue for our wedding, after hearing from our friends that it was really nice) and the views are insanely good. The rooms are really nice too - actually thinking of using it during our wedding, though that's tbd - but I highly encourage people to check it out if you can find a way.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:

Great post and writeup indeed!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 3:22 PM

On the right:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/08/w-el...nter-city.html

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Great post and writeup indeed!
I'd appreciate it if someone could post that here. Interested to read it.

(Not touching facebook.)

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
I'd appreciate it if someone could post that here. Interested to read it.

(Not touching facebook.)
It was a really clever post. They really dug deep into the rich offerings that make Philly so appealing to sophisticated world travelers. And I quote:

Can you guess which new city we're opening in this fall?
Hint - it's home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the infamous "Rocky" statue. :: wide-eyes emoji::

Really looking forward to the day that marketing/PR people can think of literally anything else to mention when referencing Philadelphia. Is Philadelphia remarkably walkable and occasionally European in scale? Do we contain prime examples of three centuries worth of architectural styles with buildings by some of the world's leading architects? Do we have a dynamic food scene fueled by a booming immigrant population and expat restaurateurs drawn by our lower cost of doing business? Are we a leading hub for gene and cell therapy and a city with a long history of invention and innovation going back to Ben Franklin? Do we have the largest urban park system in the US and two riverfronts ready to be explored by an ever-expanding fleet of electric bikes?

No, apparently just a couple cliched symbols, a statue of a fictional character. Oh, and definitely eat one of those steak sandwiches.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
It was a really clever post. They really dug deep into the rich offerings that make Philly so appealing to sophisticated world travelers. And I quote:

Can you guess which new city we're opening in this fall?
Hint - it's home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the infamous "Rocky" statue. :: wide-eyes emoji::

Really looking forward to the day that marketing/PR people can think of literally anything else to mention when referencing Philadelphia. Is Philadelphia remarkably walkable and occasionally European in scale? Do we contain prime examples of three centuries worth of architectural styles with buildings by some of the world's leading architects? Do we have a dynamic food scene fueled by a booming immigrant population and expat restaurateurs drawn by our lower cost of doing business? Are we a leading hub for gene and cell therapy and a city with a long history of invention and innovation going back to Ben Franklin? Do we have the largest urban park system in the US and two riverfronts ready to be explored by an ever-expanding fleet of electric bikes?

No, apparently just a couple cliched symbols, a statue of a fictional character. Oh, and definitely eat one of those steak sandwiches.
That’s just the caption on their Instagram post. Based on the OP’s description, it sounds like this was a post on their Story (which has since disappeared, as all Stories do).

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 3:03 PM

Here's the write up we were talking about. It can be found on the W Hotel website as well under "The Angle" section. Great write up on the city!

http://theangle.whotels.com/philadelphia/

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Here's the write up we were talking about. It can be found on the W Hotel website as well under "The Angle" section. Great write up on the city!

My apologies. Thought we were discussing the Insta blurb. Now THAT is precisely the depth and breadth I'd expect from a company like W when introducing a new market to their customers.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 12:16 AM
Midrise

Quote:

3. PICNIC BLANKET
Pick up picnic snacks and a bottle of wine from DiBruno’s and then spread out on the grass at Rittenhouse Square Park.
Hilarity ensues as the nice police officer confiscates and pours out that bottle.

Prohibited in all parks

Alcoholic beverages, except for permitted events

https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...d-regulations/

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
3. PICNIC BLANKET
Pick up picnic snacks and a bottle of wine from DiBruno’s and then spread out on the grass at Rittenhouse Square Park.
Hilarity ensues as the nice police officer confiscates and pours out that bottle.

Prohibited in all parks

They annoyingly don’t stop people from smoking in parks. Why would they stop you from drinking?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
3. PICNIC BLANKET

Prohibited in all parks

I do this all the time and it's never been a problem as long as you're not being a drunkard.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 12:39 PM
Chris

Quote:

Yes, thank you for sharing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
My apologies. Thought we were discussing the Insta blurb. Now THAT is precisely the depth and breadth I'd expect from a company like W when introducing a new market to their customers.
That is the article I was referencing too, I just saw it on Instagram.

But yes, nicely done, it actually gets into the cities wonderful offerings, and largely escapes the cliqued back-handed compliments I often see in various publications "praising" Philadelphia. (NY Times is a big culprit).

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 2:09 PM

IDK if the lights were just off last night, but the building wasn't visible from Citizens Bank Park once the sun went down. I figured that you'd be able to see the vertical stripes and at least a blob where the W is.

The skyline itself looked extra dim last night. L1 and L2 still look better than they did prior to the light upgrade, but overall, it wasn't one of the better nights for the lighting in that area.

Kidna like how there's always at least one escalator in Macy's that's not working - there's always at least one building that's lighting seems to mess up the nighttime aesthetic.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5Ryder View Post
IDK if the lights were just off last night, but the building wasn't visible from Citizens Bank Park once the sun went down. I figured that you'd be able to see the vertical stripes and at least a blob where the W is.

The skyline itself looked extra dim last night. L1 and L2 still look better than they did prior to the light upgrade, but overall, it wasn't one of the better nights for the lighting in that area.

Kidna like how there's always at least one escalator in Macy's that's not working - there's always at least one building that's lighting seems to mess up the nighttime aesthetic.
Must’ve been off, you can usually see it quite clearly.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 6:10 PM

Yea, they're still doing rare glimpse testing. I was incredibly surprised to see the W logo and the lights on when I was in the city August 5th. I haven't seen much since, but at least we know the lights will permanently be in the skyline starting this fall

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive