HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...partments.html

Renderings of the project underway at Tony P's/Beast and Bottle at 17th and Clarkson. I had pretty low expectations between the portfolio of the developer and the architect, but this actually looks stellar.

Only bummer is no retail -- especially since it is replacing 4-5 storefonts -- but I can see the hesitance with retail given the amount of time storefront have been sitting vacant along 17th. If they can just get something going on those parking lots across the street at 16th and Washington this will be a nice little stretch of 17th with quality new builds blending in with nice older retail storefronts and great adaptive reuse buildings.
Building on the above, Generation Development submitted plans to build on the Avenue Grill Parking lot -- small 38 unit condo project. Condo projects on small lots seems to be their niche. This is def good for that stretch of 17th. Just need to figure out what to do with that burnt down car wash now.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
Building on the above, Generation Development submitted plans to build on the Avenue Grill Parking lot -- small 38 unit condo project. Condo projects on small lots seems to be their niche. This is def good for that stretch of 17th. Just need to figure out what to do with that burnt down car wash now.
That's exciting. They do some interesting projects.

I clicked from that Ellipse video to Davis Partnership Architects' Vimeo page and saw this video for the Evans School development in Golden Triangle. I don't know if Davis Partnership is actually designing Lennar's buildings around the school, but this is going to be a really nice development if they are.

https://vimeo.com/335979898

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 1:02 PM

That's so cool! I love that.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 1:44 PM

Now I just want to see the 5280 trail built. If it moves forward, I'm sure it'll take faaaarr longer than it reasonably should but that would be a nice amenity for places like Golden Triangle.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 1:59 PM

Driving downtown this morning there was a tower crane going up near 35th & Brighton. Is this the Watershed office building?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 2:08 PM

I think you are probably either referring to The Current at 36th and Delgany or something with the RiNo promenade. I do not believe the has been any excavation yet at the Watershed site. The most significant, recently under construction projects in RiNo include The Current, FoundryLine, and Novel RiNo

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 8:59 PM

Weirdly, the El Jebel parking lot development is still very slowly moving forward. Last I saw, they submitted a plan for a 30 story residential building back in January.

Also, it looks like Diamond Hill will demolish the existing 4 office buildings and redevelop that whole property. Here's hoping for some new street alignments, too. Anyone have access to the site development plan or renderings?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
I think you are probably either referring to The Current at 36th and Delgany or something with the RiNo promenade. I do not believe the has been any excavation yet at the Watershed site. The most significant, recently under construction projects in RiNo include The Current, FoundryLine, and Novel RiNo
Must be The Current. So that’s 2 tower cranes at Novel RiNo at 40th & Walnut, 1 at Hines’ “Residences at RiNo” at 43rd & Brighton, 1 recently up at FoundryLine at 37th & Walnut and now 1 at The Current. So 5 tower cranes currently up in RiNo (not including the self erector at the Vib hotel).

I’m interested to see what happens with these projects:
- World Trade Center 38th & Walnut
- Watershed 35th & Brighton
- T3 36th & Blake
- TRAIN 40th & Blake
- Paradigm 34th & Walnut
- McCaffery 35th & Wynkoop https://www.milenderwhite.com/our-work/35th-wynkoop/

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 4:01 AM

Sounds right! Lots of exciting activity in RiNo. I'm thinking that a higher percentage of Golden Triangle projects make it though because they are pretty much entirely residential. I think the office components to Watershed and WTC might struggle with leasing

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 5:12 AM

Where were you in 1969? - (Did you exist in 1969?)

Cool aerial view of Diamond Hill site from 1969 (per Getty Images/Denver Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Also, it looks like Diamond Hill will demolish the existing 4 office buildings and redevelop that whole property. Here's hoping for some new street alignments, too. Anyone have access to the site development plan or renderings?
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...wn-denver.html
Quote:
Denver-based Confluent Development has proposed a pair of five-story multifamily buildings on part of a high-profile redevelopment site located just outside downtown Denver. The proposed apartment buildings would replace a 3.1-acre surface parking lot referred to as the "Upper Lot." The land is zoned for mixed-use buildings up to five stories.

The 7.4-acre "Lower Lot," located directly to the east, consists of four office buildings... which is not addressed is zoned for mixed-use buildings up to 12 stories.
Wait... Hold the Phone... just as we were going live we've been handed an update...

1,000 new housing units, 2 office buildings proposed on site near downtown Denver
Jun 22, 2021 By James Rodriguez – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
In early June, Confluent submitted a concept plan to the city that addressed a 3.1-acre portion of the property known as the "Upper Lot." With the recent submittal of additional plans for the 7.4-acre "Lower Lot," the Denver-based development firm appears to be eyeing the entire 10.5-acre site, which is located directly west of the Interstate 25 and Speer Boulevard interchange, in the Jefferson Park neighborhood.

Here's what Confluent is proposing on the Lower Lot, according to the recently submitted concept plan:
  • A 451-unit multifamily residential building with 10,866 square feet of retail space and 413 parking spaces
  • A 569-unit multifamily building with 44,674 square feet of retail and 499 parking spaces
  • A pair of buildings totaling 411,187 square feet of office space, along with a combined 707 parking spaces and 3,600 square feet of retail
  • A central plaza and neighborhood hub
Lastly, check out this beautiful aerial view of the existing Diamond Hill OB's with downtown Denver in the background.

-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
Apparently, more than one multifamily development...

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6778...7i16384!8i8192
Nicely done!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 2:56 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Now I just want to see the 5280 trail built. If it moves forward, I'm sure it'll take faaaarr longer than it reasonably should but that would be a nice amenity for places like Golden Triangle.

The 5280 Trail is getting underway. They have created a citizen-led Task Force for each of the six neighborhoods the 5280 runs through: LoDo, Five Points, Capitol Hill, Golden Triangle, La Alma/Lincoln Park, and Auraria. I'm the chair of the Auraria 5280 Task Force. We will begin installing basic 5280 Trail identification and wayfinding signs this summer/fall, and each neighborhood Task Force is soliciting artists for public art pieces called "trailheads" that will be installed along the trail. The full build out of the trail's permanent cross-section with special pavers, etc. will likely take a decade, but we are not waiting to do the full 100% all at once. We are starting with small but important steps of marking the trail and getting the community familiar with its existence. The entire 5.280-mile loop will have common urban design and wayfinding features while also having unique features that reflect the character and culture of the six neighborhoods.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 3:35 PM

That's exciting! Thanks for sharing and for serving on the task force. Hopefully, the project will gain some visibility as it gets started because I think it has the potential of being a very distinctive attraction. From a mobility standpoint, I'm really excited to see how the trail might serve as a beltway (almost like c-470) with connections to major arteries like the Cherry Creek trail and destinations (Coors Field, Union Station, Ball Arena, Auraria Campus, State capitol, art museum, etc...)

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 8:32 PM

What do these two apartments have in common?

Steele Creek - 3222 E 1st Ave

Cirrus - 1590 Grove Street

All images courtesy UDR-Denver

Both properties belong to UDR, Inc whose headquarters is in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. UDR is the 3rd largest Apartment REIT ($11.8 billion) by asset value behind Equity Residential ($36.2 billion) and AvalonBay ($24.6 billion) (Source). Steele Creek was (obviously) acquired while Cirrus was developed in house with Katerra who recently declared Bankruptcy but continues to wind down it's operations. I'm assuming they're still completing Cirrus which is now advertised as being available for rent.

292-Units Break Ground Near Mile High Stadium
August 29, 2019 - Mile High CRE
Quote:
Katerra, a technology-driven construction company, broke ground earlier this month on Cirrus, the company’s latest project alongside developer UDR. Cirrus is a 230,000-square-foot residential development featuring 292 apartments on a 2-acre lot west of Mile High Stadium at 1590 Grove Street in Denver. Cirrus will help address Denver’s continued affordable housing shortage crisis.

Planned for final completion in Fall 2021, Cirrus will offer community residents 58 studios, 171 one-bedroom, 60 two-bedroom and three three-bedroom units
Isn't this just fascinating?
Why yes, yes it is.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 9:14 PM

Staying on the West Side

Sheridan Station Apartments - 5330 W. 11th Ave

Image courtesy Mile High Development via ForRent.com

https://www.denvergov.org/Government...-Apartments-in
March 26, 2021 - City/County Denver
Quote:
Sheridan Station Apartments offers income-restricted residences adjacent to RTD’s W Line.

Mayor Michael B. Hancock and other officials celebrated today’s grand opening of the Sheridan Station Apartments, offering 133 units of permanently affordable rental housing at Sheridan Station on the Regional Transportation District’s W Line. Located at 5330 W. 11th Ave., the project was developed by Mile High Development and Brinshore Development. The site is part of the Urban Land Conservancy’s Community Land Trust, ensuring the property will remain affordable for generations through a 99-year renewable ground lease.
https://comcapmgmt.com/property/sheridan-station/
Quote:
Sheridan Station is now 100% leased. To submit an online application to join our waiting list...

The Sheridan Station Apartments is a new eight-story development conveniently located just steps from both the Sheridan Station Light Rail Station on RTD’s W line and a regional bike trail that runs through Lakewood/Dry Gulch Park. As an incentive for living at Sheridan Station Apartments, one RTD Neighborhood EcoPass (NECO) will be given to each household.
Dammit
I would have applied sooner had I realized they were handing out free EcoPasses.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 10:03 PM

Nice looking; nice area; what's not to like?

1230 S PEARL

Images courtesy of Narrate

5-story apartment building about to rise at the edge of Denver’s Platt Park neighborhood
May 3, 2021 By Cuyler Meade - BusinessDen/DP
Quote:
A new local development firm’s first project is about to break ground at the edge of Platt Park. Narrate, led by Adam Fenton, expects to begin work May 17 on a five-story, 73-unit apartment building
at 1230 S. Pearl St. and be finished in 15 months.

Fenton purchased the 0.43-acre site for $3.9 million in November 2019. It was previously home to an auto repair shop called Buchtel Motors and a pair of single-family homes. Those structures were
recently demolished.
Who is Adam Fenton?
Quote:
Fenton worked locally for Washington-based multifamily developer Holland Residential from 2011 to 2015, and for Denver-based developer BMC Investments from 2015 until he founded Narrate.

Fenton said Narrate will focus on smaller projects.
Nice Resume! Tell me more.
Quote:
“I think we’ve designed a project here that the neighborhood will be very proud of,” Fenton said Wednesday. “I think it’s something that lines up with modernness but also a very historic feel. It’s an 80
percent brick building, 10 percent windows and 10 percent metal panels. We spent a lot of time with Oz, the architect, on the project to design what we feel is a building that will stand the test of time.”

The ground floor will have two retail units. One, which Fenton anticipates will be leased to a restaurant, is about 3,400 square feet, he said. The other is roughly 1,600 square feet.
No tenants have been lined up yet.
Shaw Construction is the Contractor.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 1:39 PM

Proposed building could block mountain view, but doesn't break Denver view plane rules
https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...7-b65221a28065

Quote:
President Brad Cameron is concerned with zoning changes that the city is considering in the Golden Triangle, which is essentially from Speer and Broadway to downtown. Even though the Golden Triangle is west of Cheesman Park, it is beyond the limits of the view plane.

Golden Triangle currently has a building height limit of 175-200 feet. The city is considering allowing 250 feet tall buildings or 325 feet tall if there is affordable housing or additional fees paid.

Depending on your view, a 250 or 325-foot tall building might interfere with the mountain views from the Cheesman Park view plane. But the construction of the building is not within the view plane, so it would not be bound by it.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 2:26 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Nice looking; nice area; what's not to like?

1230 S PEARL

That is a damn nice looking building. More of these please. If I ever pivot from what I'm doing now I'd love to build quality looking/located projects like this one. Good on this Mysterious Mr Fenton.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 3:42 PM

Been about 6-7 years since I posted here..

Almost partnered with Fenton on that Pearl deal. Am partnering with him on a deal a block away, 3 story and 42 units. Excited about both developments, Will really improve the neighborhood.

I’m surprised no one has pulled the rendering from the Post on Diamond Hill.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 4:38 PM

Yeah, that's a really nice looking project. We really need the developers that slap 5 different color panels on a building and call it good to feel some shame. I'm curious what the Fugly crowd will find to hate about this.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 4:38 PM

Holland plans second apartment complex along Santa Fe in Denver’s Lincoln Park
https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/2...-lincoln-park/

Quote:
Washington-based Holland Partner Group is currently building a five-story, approximately 200-unit apartment complex in the southern portion of the block formed by Santa Fe and Inca Street, and 10th and 11th avenues. It purchased that site for $8.7 million last November, breaking ground shortly thereafter.

Now, the company has proposed a second project that would take up the northern portion of the block.

The company’s concept plan, submitted to the city last week, calls for two five-story buildings with a combined 225 units and 203 parking spaces. There would be about 8,000 square feet of retail space along Santa Fe Drive

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West