HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
What about Charity Hospital ?
Domain Co was brought in as lead developer a while back when the initial team struggled to get it off the ground. To be fair to the initial team inflation has bumped construction costs up 40-60% from where they were in 2019. On a huge project that is a lot to absorb. Domain is really good so for now we just have to be patient as they restructure some aspects of the deal and line up some additional capital sources. Something will happen, and Tulane is itching to get in there in 2027 so I would hope they sort it out and start work Q4 2024 or Q1 2025 and have 2 years to build before Fall 2027 when Tulane wants to move in.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
Domain Co was brought in as lead developer a while back when the initial team struggled to get it off the ground. To be fair to the initial team inflation has bumped construction costs up 40-60% from where they were in 2019. On a huge project that is a lot to absorb. Domain is really good so for now we just have to be patient as they restructure some aspects of the deal and line up some additional capital sources. Something will happen, and Tulane is itching to get in there in 2027 so I would hope they sort it out and start work Q4 2024 or Q1 2025 and have 2 years to build before Fall 2027 when Tulane wants to move in.
I’m just ready for the whole Bio District corridor to get up and running.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 12:40 PM

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...rce=featured-3

Flour Moon opening a smaller outpost at the new Hotel Henrietta on St.Charles Ave (by Louisiana Ave).

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
I probably said this before, but Tulane is more than itching to be in there, they've basically made developing a true campus downtown the center of all its marketing and fundraising. If you hear their president speak in any forum or venue, he spends a big chunk of time talking about it. They're also launching a nursing program that needs space, so they're going to push that project forward as much as possible.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
I probably said this before, but Tulane is more than itching to be in there, they've basically made developing a true campus downtown the center of all its marketing and fundraising. If you hear their president speak in any forum or venue, he spends a big chunk of time talking about it. They're also launching a nursing program that needs space, so they're going to push that project forward as much as possible.
Agreed, the combination of Domain + Tulane should ensure this gets developed. Maybe not exactly as planned, but I'd give this an 90% change of happening, while the River District is at like 40% (and Plaza Tower at 5% )

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 8:51 PM

What are you all’s thoughts on this bill that’s being proposed: https://centralcitynews.us/?p=15719

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
What are you all’s thoughts on this bill that’s being proposed: https://centralcitynews.us/?p=15719
Sounds like right-wing garbage and was already killed in the legislature.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
Sounds like right-wing garbage and was already killed in the legislature.
Just saw it was killed also, I wonder how that would have even worked especially dealing with two different treasury organizations in two different states.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:17 PM

New Orleans CBD Occupancy Rates

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:24 PM

Quote:

Wasn't 1515 Poydras going to be converted into a hotel? I've known a few people who worked in a couple of different offices there but I can't remember whether they were ever told to move out. I know when I've been there it didn't seem that empty but it's been a few years

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:44 PM

Frustrating to watch more stutters with the River District now you have nimbys wanting to bog it down into legal issues. Always baffles me why people who complain about losing parking and traffic move to urban areas in the first place. Its brown fields and surface lots for pete sake.

I also have always wondered why UNO has never really shown an interest in a Downtown campus, especially given its had falling enrolment recently. I get its largely a commuter school but the whole selling point of studying otherwise in New Orleans should be the proximity to unique neighborhoods and lifestyle not marooned out on a quiet part of the Lakefront.

Last edited by mwm991; Yesterday at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
Frustrating to watch more stutters with the River District now you have nimbys wanting to bog it down into legal issues. Always baffles me why people who complain about losing parking and traffic move to urban areas in the first place. Its brown fields and surface lots for pete sake.

I also have always wondered why UNO has never really shown an interest in a Downtown campus, especially given its had falling enrolment recently. I get its largely a commuter school but the whole selling point of studying otherwise in New Orleans should be the proximity to unique neighborhoods and lifestyle not marooned out on the a quiet part of the Lakefront.
I'd argue that people move to urban areas to avoid things like Top Golf and a sea of parking garages. Still pushing for River District to happen, but like you said - it's a sea of brownfields and surface lots, the developers could easily move the Top Golf to literally any other location on the site and end this argument. Not sure why they are so intent on being right up against buildings with thousands of residents.

UNO is a public school, so the chance of the state coming up with money to expand it in an entirely new neighborhood is nil. However, their master plan for the existing campus seems to be moving forward.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:03 PM

I can’t wait to see his New Orleans skyline will evolve within the next 10 years with the addition of the River District and a redeveloped Charity Hospital and Bio Medical District.

Old Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
I also have always wondered why UNO has never really shown an interest in a Downtown campus, especially given its had falling enrolment recently. I get its largely a commuter school but the whole selling point of studying otherwise in New Orleans should be the proximity to unique neighborhoods and lifestyle not marooned out on a quiet part of the Lakefront.
I know you are talking about a downtown campus, but UNO used to have an entire building on Canal St. Back in the 1980s, I took several classes there. Since I don't live there anymore, I don't know if they still have classes in that building.

Old Posted Today, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Weren’t most of those high rises built especially for the oil and gas companies ( ex.Exxon, Chevron etc.) that once had a major presence in the city?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations