HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 8:42 PM
Forever forward.

1107 Main Street West | 45m | 15s | Proposed

15-Storey Residential Building Proposed Near McMaster University | HamiltonForward

15 storeys
45 meters
310 units

More renderings and information in the project files here.
HamiltonForward Facebook

Last edited by HamiltonForward; Jul 3, 2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: fixed project files link

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:27 PM

I like it. This strip by McMaster is a great section to increase density with nice mid rises like this, especially considering it's a major transit route to downtown. I really wish LRT could get started and we'd see even more of these.

I find it kind of strange that it includes the church. I'm curious if the church has sold the property and plans to remain in the first floor a la Platinum on King.

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:44 PM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I like it. This strip by McMaster is a great section to increase density with nice mid rises like this, especially considering it's a major transit route to downtown. I really wish LRT could get started and we'd see even more of these.

I find it kind of strange that it includes the church. I'm curious if the church has sold the property and plans to remain in the first floor a la Platinum on King.
The church indeed sold the property, to IN8. I don't believe they'll be remaining in the new building, though, unless they are to take up one of the commercial units, there is no space marked out for them specifically.

I believe they might actually have merged with another congregation, actually. I have in the back of my mind that I read that in one of the reports.

Edit: yep, looks like they did according to the Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (p. 23)

HamiltonForward Facebook

Last edited by HamiltonForward; Jul 3, 2020 at 10:50 PM. Reason: -

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonForward View Post
The church indeed sold the property, to IN8. I don't believe they'll be remaining in the new building, though, unless they are to take up one of the commercial units, there is no space marked out for them specifically.

I believe they might actually have merged with another congregation, actually. I have in the back of my mind that I read that in one of the reports.

Edit: yep, looks like they did according to the Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (p. 23)

To me that makes this even stranger!

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 11:17 PM
It's Hammer Time

This looks great. I used to park there for cheap and walk to McMaster, which was $30 a month.

I'm sure the synagogue behind this will oppose it, so that could hold this back.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 12:10 AM

IN8 is behind it too so it should get built. They have a pretty good record of building their stuff.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 7:41 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
I'm sure the synagogue behind this will oppose it, so that could hold this back.
The positive is it won't be blocking the sun from them. And their building is a couple hundred feet behind.

I'd think the homeowners on the adjacent streets (Dow and Cline) will have the most issues... the usual stuff about parking, traffic, shadows, noise, etc.

Main West is due for change though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton